It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For You Astronomy Buffs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I guess astronomy is considered space exploration, so, I will share this here. I frequent a site that covers the stars and other galactic anomalies called EarthSky. It is full of interesting facts and this month is a wonderful time to star gaze. Depending on where you are, you should be able to see this in the sky at some point during the night:

November guide to the bright planets

Two of the five bright planets rise to great prominence this month, Venus and Jupiter, and they almost seem to balance two sides of our sky. Venus, the brightest planet, blazes in the west first thing at dusk. Jupiter, second-brightest, lords over the east before dawn. Two other planets, Saturn and Mars, join Venus at nightfall in early November. Although Venus and Mars remain evening objects throughout November, Saturn drops into the glare of sunset later this month. The most elusive bright planet – Mercury – might become visible at dusk toward the end of the month. Day by day, Mercury climbs upward from the setting sun as Saturn sinks sunward. These two worlds – Saturn and Mercury – will meet for a hard-to-see conjunction in the evening sky on November 23. Follow the links below to learn more about planets in November 2016.

There are many links you can follow there! have fun and happy exploration!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Cool thanks for the heads up on the bright planets for November, I didn't do much star gazing but will look out for bright stars you mentioned.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

...tracking of wondering stars is cool activity
... people should study sky by them selfs... to find out that wondering stars are not planets but The Luminaries... smart child know they do not reflect Sun light... Zombies believing in BS for so long xx

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

You would think with your name that would be an obvious choice, LOL! You are welcome though!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

I enjoyed my time with my son bonding outside under the starry skies when he was younger, the amazement in his eyes for ever etched in my soul! Now, my grandkids give me the same wonderment!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Mars was looking lovely this weekend, turned my bad day right around.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

You would think with your name that would be an obvious choice, LOL! You are welcome though!

Lol true and didn't think of like that till now.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

... nice
... but sad is that no many keep looking up and see for them selfs... most people let NASA look up for them... so NASA did created fake space... for Zombies, who pay for this F""""k up... sad xx

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

do You have any Your own pic of Mars, please?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here you go:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

For such a warlike planet that surprises me, but congrats!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Nope, the only camera I have is on my iPhone, lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's just so pretty in the night sky, that beautiful orange that doesn't flicker.

top topics

join