It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Comey Reopened Investigation - Resignation letters piling up from disaffected FBI agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Check out this article, seems to strongly suggest internal pressures made Comey decide to do the right thing.

Daily Mail Article

* James Comey revived the investigation of Clinton's email server as he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents, sources say

* The atmosphere at the FBI has been toxic ever since Jim announced last July that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary

* He told his wife that he was depressed by the stack of resignation letters piling up on his desk from disaffected agents

* Comes was also worried that Republicans would accuse him of granting Hillary political favoritism after the presidential election

* When new emails allegedly linked to Hillary's personal server turned up in Abedin and Anthony Weiner's computer, Comey jumped at the excuse

edit on 30-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Already posted and its from the daily fail.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Could be a clever undercover ops from the DNC.Clinton Campaign....

"" according to a source close to the embattled FBI director ""

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And CNN is totally credible? Oh look, king deflector numero uno here to correct the intent (C).

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I still dont trust Comey and neither should you, Remember he has stalled for 3 weeks before releasing this new information.

I dont know what to make of this just yet, But Comey is no hero. The last investigation was a farce, i dont see any reason yet why this one will be any different.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I'm so proud of our FBI agents not letting this corruption stand!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Please post a link to the "Already posted" Resignation letters piling up from disaffected FBI agents.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Having looked at this here is what can be stated:

Here is what we know: In the course of an investigation into alleged sexting between Anthony Wienner and a 15 yo girl. Now people are not out raged over that, they are more interested in emails on the laptop between Clinton and her aid.

Now the question is what if they already have those emails, then what? Or what if it was personal emails?

The letter was ill timed and of little to no information put in. There was no information as to the dates of said emails, nor was there anything in there to give any idea on what all was there.

In the end what is going to happen is that the man who wrote that letter has pretty much ended his job, as neither the democrats or the Republicans will stomach his remaining in that position. He did not wait for the election to be over, or take the time to do the investigation and look at what all was there. The letter, no matter how noble the intention was, is viewed as an attempt to influence the election in a way that could be against the Hatch Act.

The Hatch Act of 1929, in short forbids anyone in the Federal government of a high level, from influencing the election in the way that this letter could do. It was careless and reckless.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Another thing to consider, Comey didn't make an "anouncement" he notified Congress that the investigation had been reopened due to new evidence.

His letter to Congress and subsequent memo to FBI staff were then leaked to the media.

As was mentioned already if he had kept it to himself Congress would have gone after him. And likely the information that the investigation was reopened would have been leaked by someone anyway, then the FBI would have looked like they were covering for Clinton by not notifying Congress.

Also, those who are calling for the FBI to clarify what the content of the new emails is (Clinton an her camp mostly) It's once again an active investigation and speaking about an active investigation is against policy for most law enforcement agencies. They didn't talk details about it before until they said it was completed, I imagine it will be the same this time.

As someone who despises Clinton, I think having this information available to the American people is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

it was from trumps own mouth at a speech he did as "breaking news" its official its being re-opend as for the rest in terms of intentions, who knows

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I still dont trust Comey and neither should you, Remember he has stalled for 3 weeks before releasing this new information.

I dont know what to make of this just yet, But Comey is no hero. The last investigation was a farce, i dont see any reason yet why this one will be any different.

I agree, Comey's no hero. Imo if he had his way, he would've destroyed Weiner's laptop/suppressed the info. Unfortunately for Comey too many investigators/LEOs saw what's on Weiner's laptop before he could get his grubby hands on it.

Imo fellow agents forced Comey's hand or they were going to resign en masse. I think we owe LEOs and the fbi investigative team a huge thanks. I suspect they kept the laptop safe from Comey until they were certain he couldn't make it disappear.

Comey's a weasel, bought/sold. He ruined his reputation/career for what? I'd like to know what Hillary's people have on Comey?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
While having this information is a good thing for those who do not like Clinton, the reality is that it was, in all sense, wrong. If this was done 2 months prior to the election, it would have been ok, even 30 days would have been edgy but not wrong. This was wrong straight forward, for it should never have been let out, for it can be construed as trying to influence the elction and that is where it gets to be wrong.

The other part about this that we should be disturbed about is this: Let say for argument sake, the police come to your house and come in, then in the process there, they notice something that could be illegal, and then without proof or a warrant, without even probable cause, they make a big deal about it and then get a warrant, knowing it could jeopardize your job, home and family, would you think it would be alright?

Many people’s lives have been ruined by allegations that were unfounded by evidence, and then how does one get a fair trial if everyone knows about it before such. And there is the fact that the director of the FBI, answers to the Justice department. That is kind of like instead of going to your boss or his boss, and going straight to the shareholders with a problem.

When it comes to criminal cases, the DA and police, only share with the defense attorney’s and not the news, cause they do not want to let out too much or risk losing a case. And most do not speak about an active investigation. And at that time frame there was no investigation of Clinton on the emails, that was all closed down in July.

That is exactly what all is going on here in this case, where we the people are being asked to judge someone, to make a decision on something with little to no evidence of wrong doing. And one must ask this one question, if after millions of dollars spent, if after 30 years of investigations, don’t you think that if there was wrong doing, they would have found it already? Think about it, for the past 30 years, this is a person who has been investigated, looked at, checked out, and yet every time no one has been able to find anything concrete or show in a court that there was wrong doing and a guilty verdict.

The question must be asked is this: If she is guilty why are those who have to do the investigations, doing such a poor job, why are they finding nothing, and if she is innocent, why the political witch hunt against her, why are those who do not like her, so terrified of her? When running for the Senate seat in New York, she was demonized then and then after getting into office, it went away. And if she was so objectionable, why was there only 2 votes against her when she was confirmed to be Secretary of State?

new topics

top topics

join