It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Weiner has given permission to the FBI to search computer, no warrant needed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

She does have ties to Muslim organizations. I tried to link an article from the Washington post but, I'm on my phone and I can't seem to get it to work.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is something I found. www.msn.com...

I also read that the FBI knew about the e-mails weeks before they told Comey. I figure they dotted their I's and crossed their T's.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ua reply to: the2ofusr1

Umm.... no!

That is not even remotely close to what I was trying to convey.

Wow! That was a pretty messed up video dude.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I wonder, we us the people will ever get to know what Weiner really have in his computer that incriminate his ex wife, Hillary and who knows how many?

I doubt it, I think, all the secrets will be hidden we will never know.

What's to stop the FBI releasing a few of the more innocent emails then declaring. NOthing to see here! We'll never be sure what those emails contained, especially because theyre likely to contain sensituve info and state secrets.

WE'll only find out if it were published on Wikileaks

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is something I found. www.msn.com...

I also read that the FBI knew about the e-mails weeks before they told Comey. I figure they dotted their I's and crossed their T's.

From the article:

The FBI obtained a warrant to search emails related to the Hillary Clinton private server probe that were discovered on ex-congressman Anthony Weiner's laptop, law enforcement officials confirmed Sunday.

The warrant came two days after FBI director James Comey revealed that the emails were linked to Weiner's estranged wife, top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

The FBI already had a warrant to search Weiner's laptop, but that only applied to evidence of his allegedly illicit communications with an underage girl.

Comey's disclosure of the emails ignited fierce criticism, particularly from Clinton, who called the move an "unprecedented" departure from FBI policy.

Good they needed a warrant.

Good they got it !!!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hell, they don't need to give him a deal.

They have him, 3rd strike too.

They have the laptop and emails.

They need to pressurize Huma.

He's a witness and can testify.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does everyone think, Hilley only used, email through her private server?

I think Hilley may have had more email accounts hid away from like the one in her NY homes bathroom.

I feel there is an alias account where Hilley kept in touch with those that helped rig the primary for her.

Looks like Hilley's cheating with a married woman (huma), might have caused her to get bit in the butt by Karma, lol's!

As for giving the FBI permission to view all the files on the laptop, it could be Weiner was the loser in a love triangle and is out for revenge against Hilly and Huma.

Star and Flagged!!!

If Hillary is not a crook, it is only that her definition of crook differs, from the opinion of the other 99% of the country.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'd like to add, that if my theory is close, I think its likely that this sting was done rogue, or at least without the active approval of Comey. I think evidence shows that his people have lost faith in him. So, he might sincerely been just recently made aware of this find, and now has an opportunity to redeem himself.

Absolutely a rogue operation! Agreed. Both the Wiener Investigation Team and the Email Investigation Team compared notes, decided they had something, and jointly went to Comey to say, "Fait Accompli. You tell or we will."

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late to the thread, and excuse me if this question has already been asked, but...

If the FBI already had the computer in their possession b/c of the ongoing investigation into Weiner's sexual transgressions, then did they even need his permission (or a search warrant) to search said computer? Weren't they already authorized to search it due to the other investigation?

Again, sorry if this has been answered already!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Law enforcement had permission to view the contents of the computer because Weiner voluntarily gave them permission.
But any evidence they found would only be allowed to be used in the Weiner case.

So, when they found evidence related to another case, they referred it to the FBI handling that case.

In order to actually use that information as evidence in the other case, they would need a search warrant.
To get the search warrant they would have to document why they need it, and they would know this because they already knew what was on the device.

Sources (links elsewhere if I can find them again) said they had only seen the meta-data on the emails, and that was enough to know they were related to the Clinton server.

edit on 10/30/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Sorry I'm late to the thread, and excuse me if this question has already been asked, but...

If the FBI already had the computer in their possession b/c of the ongoing investigation into Weiner's sexual transgressions, then did they even need his permission (or a search warrant) to search said computer? Weren't they already authorized to search it due to the other investigation?

Huma Wiener has separated from Mr. Weiner.

It was her old device. The device she swore did not exist.

Mr Wiener gave it to them on the sexting a minor charge.

Apparently she didn't know this device was still around.

So the FBI took her word for it. She lied, or didn't understand.

Either way we need a President not being investigated by the FBI.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thanks for the clear, indepth response, BlueAjah. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: new_here

Huma Wiener has separated from Mr. Weiner.

It was her old device. The device she swore did not exist.

Mr Wiener gave it to them on the sexting a minor charge.

Apparently she didn't know this device was still around.

So the FBI took her word for it. She lied, or didn't understand.

Either way we need a President not being investigated by the FBI.

Wow, I heard it was a 'shared' computer, then I heard it was hers, then I heard it was his. Now I hear it was hers but he gave it to the authorities. This just gets curiouser and curiouser...

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know you guys all hate this woman, but do you not see the way you build these elaborate cases from pure speculation, then become utterly convinced by it, that when the facts don't support your massive speculation, you then pivot to cover-up.

I see so this over and over with Hillary and her emails or Clinton Foundation. I'm completely open to any damning evidence that could come out, but I find it difficult to respect those who take facts secondary to their own extreme speculation.

edit on 31-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I know you guys all hate this woman, but do you not see the way you build these elaborate cases from pure speculation, then become utterly convinced by it, that when the facts don't support your massive speculation, you then pivot to cover-up.

I see so this over and over with Hillary and her emails or Clinton Foundation. I'm completely open to any damning evidence that could come out, but I find it difficult to respect those who take facts secondary to their own extreme speculation.

You don't see the blatant corruption being performed right before your eyes?
edit on 1-11-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join