It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey has overstepped - must correct

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
By now we know that the Investigation into Hillary emails has been reopened. But FBI Director James Comey has committed an error.

By exposing the new information to the public, but not having told the public the nature of the investigation, he has levied the decision making up to the voters with an incomplete picture. This burden cannot be suffered.

It's obvious that the FBI won't finish with the investigation before the election, so how the hell can Comey throw a wrench into the mix like that without some context?

We cannot put up to vote someone under criminal investigation. It is a mockery of our morals, if not our laws.

I demand to know the nature of these emails and the updated investigation or I cannot make an informed vote.

edit on 29-10-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Whoa! An informed and sensible approach to this issue as it relates to informing those who have yet to vote or make up their minds. That's not normal around here with this mockery of an election process. Kudos. S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Good luck with your demands. This cycle has baffled everyone, and any player is scared of ramifications from any ideology.

We won't know the scope of any of these stories until after the election unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Good luck with your demands. This cycle has baffled everyone, and any player is scared of ramifications from any ideology.

We won't know the scope of any of these stories until after the election unfortunately.

Well, you might be surprised. I believe there is leaning going on right now to release the nature of the emails. HEAVY LEANING. Clinton wants them out because what another lie? And she is connected. I would be surprised if she wasn't able to get it leaked. I think she needs to.

But make no mistake the nature of this investigation is the primary focus right now in the media. Oddly, an informed voter should be right there with the media this time, despite how they spin it, to seek the nature of the investigation.
edit on 29-10-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's an ongoing FBI investigation why would he release information? When have they ever released information pertaining to an ongoing criminal investigation?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

She NEEDS the content to be explained by the FBI. Most people have accepted her premise. Unless absolutely damning, the question around this has more harm than the answer.

I wish people understood the magnitude of her corruption to begin with, but that is a fairytale wish.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Handcuffs are the only thing to change her supporters minds.

How could he wait til after the election?!

He's screwed either way.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Quite a conundrum.

We can't know the details of an active investigation, but we know there is an active investigation based on findings which precipitated it.

Hillary Clinton's campaign will likely suffer because of it.

Now she knows how Bernie felt when she stole the election from him.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No law enforcement agency, worth its salt among other things, is going to release information on a ongoing investigation.

If they did, the rats they haven't found would scurry, and all traces would vanish like crumbs in a ship-hold on a long voyage.

However, this is the FBI we're talking about. They killed their credibility recently, so who knows what they will do now.
edit on C161102030 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Everyone wants to know what this new potentially damning evidence is, but I ask you: At this point, what difference does it make?

I've seen enough to convince me that she is a horrible person.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
Everyone wants to know what this new potentially damning evidence is, but I ask you: At this point, what difference does it make?

I've seen enough to convince me that she is a horrible person.

At this point, it shows the criminals if you can make it to get big, you can be beyond prosecution.

That is a bad precedent to set.

After all, government doesn't like competition!

If the people cannot see people getting what they deserve for breaking the law, the whole system is going to come down like a giant house of poo in a mudslide. The illusion will fail, and it's curtains for everything then.
edit on C161104932 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

One question... Do you all really think that Obama has any intentions of giving up his self assumed kingship. This has all been part of the plan from the beginning. Clinton will be elected. She will then be indicted. At which point Obama, either by executive order or congressional appointment will be allowed to stay in office for "the good of the country". Why else do you think he has been so smug and dismissive pertaining to his actions over the last 8 years. He has always known the end game result. I have very little doubt that he will do WHATEVER it takes to stay in power. It is so absolutely sad, how things have turned for the worse in our country. I have always been a patriot and will forever remain one. I am willing to pay what ever price is required to save this nation. I just don't think that there enough others who feel the same way to actually make that happen. Unfortunately most parents in this country have raised their children to be victims of the world instead of leaders. They have been brainwashed into believing the liberal dumbing down of society. They are more concerned about pigs like the Kardashians or video games or TV shows like Pokémon or SpongeBob or their iPhone or their false perceptions of the world based on their Facebook or Instagram accounts. The sheep are getting exactly what they deserve... THE WOLVES! By the time they figure it all out. It will be too late. The irreparable damage will have already been done. Actually it has already been done.

I know it sounds so bleek but I cannot help feeling this way. I have watched this country completely disintegrate over the last 50 years. These are sad, sad days indeed. It is so unfortunate that we are watching the undoing of the greatest nation in the history of civilization and most people just don't care enough to see it. They will soon be sorry. I am prepared. But so many of the sheep will go to the slaughter and never even know what hit them.

Peace to you all.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think it is important to understand the following.

If someone, anyone has dirt, on any candidate for high office, the people must know that dirt, every grain of it, every single liquid or solid ounce of it, and I say that not because I love the idea of people sat before a douche and a turd sandwich in despair, but because I believe that people have a right to know what they need to know in order to make choices as to who should sit in these high offices.

I believe that the measure applied to those seeking the office of president of such a powerful nation as the US, have an obligation to those they will lead, to be utterly without a secret or a hiding place, that all things must be known about their every activity, from birth to present, no matter whose name those things were done in, or how secret, or how dark, or how decent and how light. I believe this because people knowing who they are voting for, is more important the than the privacy of the candidate.

When someone in power tells you "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" then as a people, you can burn down their establishment and kick the gutted remains until even the subframe falls down, and do the work of Liberty while doing it. But for a people to say the same to a prospective leader is not only justified, but necessary. There is a different standard, not a double standard. The powerful must be held to an account that the powerless are not.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Hmm.. Maybe Wikileaks will hack the FBI and Release what it finds there before Comey does . Wouldn't that be a Load off his Mind ? Complete Deniability .

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wow, it is not a good thing to be a democrat these days. I'm pretty sure they could find some of my emails as plots too.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
They are saving their own skin dear OP.
Either
1. They know wikileaks has the emails to make them look like idiots
2. Trump is winning in the polls and the FBI is covering their butts for when he is president.
3. They are blackmailing the Clintons for a huge Bribe

The FBI was fully aware of the ramifications of reopening the case on friday. Their hand was forced.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

We cannot put up to vote someone under criminal investigation. It is a mockery of our morals, if not our laws.

On the other hand, Donald Trump is going on trial for raping a 13 year soon. The case could stretch on for awhile, or not, but if he wins the election and then is found guilty after the election, he'll be impeached for that felony crime.

So, we have 2 candidates, both of which of under accusation of felony crimes.

edit on 29-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

And people wonder how one comes to the conclusion that the only correct way to approach this election, is by discounting entirely the idea of voting for either the Republican or Democrat candidate?

For shame.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The FBI was fully aware of the ramifications of reopening the case on friday. Their hand was forced.

How could someone force the FBI's hand, unless someone had dirt on, or leverage over someone there at the FBI?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

One theory is that the FBI underlings were about to revolt and go public.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join