It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Suicide Bomber Claims Zarqawi was Captured, Then Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A suicide bomber from Saudi Arabia, who survived a failed attempt to blow up the Jordanian mission Baghdad in December, alleges that Iraqi police may have captured, and then released, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, two months ago. Both U.S. and Iraqi officials could not confirm the claims made by the suicide bomber.

snip

"Do you know what has happened to Zarqawi and where he is?" an Iraqi investigator asked Mr. Shaiyah.

He answered, "I don't know, but I heard from some of my mujahadeen brothers that Iraqi police had captured Zarqawi in Fallujah." Mr. Shaiyah says he then heard that the police let the terrorist go because they had failed to recognize him.

"A U.S. military official in Baghdad said he had no evidence to corroborate the allegations from the suicide bomber."

Source

Has anyone else seen other stories covering the above. I could only find one, however they do have audio coverage of a news interview with Iraq officals.

If this is true, how in the hell could they let it happen? Don't they finger print suspects in Iraq or is this a hoax, cover-up, screw-up or what could be a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ahh, the most trusted source ever imagined: an unnamed suicide bomber.

The fact that you've only found one story like this should speak worlds to you. Give me 5 minutes and a microphone, and I'll have a news interview for you talking about John Kerry raping 13 year old children in the 'nang. Two words for you:

POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

Just another example of someone trying to make this war look like it's been a muddled cluster# throughout. Fact is, 90% of the country is stable, 80% of the people say they're going to vote ([sarcasm]just slightly higher than American voter turn out [/sarcasm]), many Iraqi women are running for office, and an extremist group of the Suni are democrat's best friends today, because less than 10% of the population (probably closer to 3%) is doing exactly what the dems want: Killing Americans and making Bush look bad.

This is propoganda, my friend. Did you hear Bush had Bin Laden IN THE OVAL OFFICE about 3 weeks ago, but let him go after OBL promised Bush some oil? I have an interview with Bin Laden right here...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Ahh, the most trusted source ever imagined: an unnamed suicide bomber.

Unamed Suicide bomber? Obvioulsy you cannot read.

A suicide bomber from Saudi Arabia, who survived a failed attempt to blow up the Jordanian mission Baghdad.

"Do you know what has happened to Zarqawi and where he is?" an Iraqi investigator asked Mr. Shaiyah.

As you can clearly see the source was not unnamed, better luck next time.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A named suicide bomber who failed to kill himself...still not a great source.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Jerusalem Post reported such and expanded on why:

The rumors about al-Zarqawi followed an interview aired on an Arab television station earlier this month in which a Saudi man arrested for a deadly truck bombing claimed that he heard from other insurgents that al-Zarqawi had been arrested by Iraqi police in Fallujah but released because authorities didn't recognize him.

I find this whole thing highly dubious. al-Naqib, in an interview, was asked if they had captured Zarqawi, and he stated (from the same linked article)...:

"I wouldn't like to comment for the time being," Interior Minister Falah al-Naqib said when asked about rumors that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been arrested. "Let's see. Maybe in the next few days we will make a comment about it."

Pressing him, a reporter asked, "Does that mean he is in custody?"

"No comment," the minister repeated.

Pictures of him all over the place. A $25 million dollar bounty on his head....and we get continued statements and proclamations from Zarqawi, al-Naqib stating, "No comment," and the he being released because he was not recognized.

Amounts to nothing but "we got, wait, we don't got him" to "wait, maybe we got him" to now "we had him, but we failed to recognize him so we released him"......

*shakes head*

seekerof

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Seekerof]

top topics

join