It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS COMEX 16-4: Communications Training Exercise This Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You're invited to participate in the upcoming COMEX 16-4

Background:

MARS is the Military Auxiliary Radio Service. Both the Army and Air Force have separate MARS groups. See AF MARS or Army MARS for more information.

COMEX (also COMMEX) 16-4
From October 30 through November 1, members of the Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) will conduct a quarterly US Department of Defense (DOD) Contingency Communications Exercise (COMMEX). The quarterly exercise will offer training on the ability to provide communications following a “very bad day” scenario, when traditional forms of communications will likely be unavailable. The exercise will involve interoperability between MARS and Amateur Radio participants and is open to all members of the amateur community. See ARRL.

How you can participate:
To kick off this exercise, MARS is encouraging the Amateur Radio community to monitor 5,330.5 kHz from 0300-0400 UTC on October 31 (that is Sunday evening in the U.S.), when MARS will conduct a high-power voice broadcasts, alternating between military stations on the East Coast and West Coast. MARS wants Amateur Radio operators to submit reception reports, as indicated in the 60 meter voice broadcast.

For the remainder of the exercise, MARS personnel will be calling for Amateur Radio operators on the five 60 meter channels as well as on established Amateur Radio nets on HF and on VHF/UHF repeaters.

If you're not a HAM, you can probably find an online SDR radio where you can listen in. You can also hear the transmissions if you have a shortwave receiver that cover the 60M bands and has SSB capabilities.

Feel free to ask my any questions, and I'll answer what I can.
edit on 10/28/16 by AnonymousCitizen because: Fix URL

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Here is where you can submit your reception reports: QSL Reports

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

waits for the first wingnut claim that :

" this is a trap " to identify the locations of " prepared patriots " so they can be drone striked when " the time comes "

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This sounds great! It's good to be prepared for potential problems on the horizon. Now I wish I had a radio,,,,,,,

new topics

top topics

join