It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face In The Window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi, I've been scoping the boards here for a couple weeks now, finally decided to post my story. You might've seen it at another site, posted by Twin40, that is me, I registered here as that but I put the wrong email addy so I had to re-register, oh well.

I wasn't born at the time, but in the late 60's in Oscoda Michigan there were many sightings of UFO's. Instances where hundreds of people on the beach of Lake Huron witnessed jets trying to engage these UFO's and the UFO's literally made a mockery of them by zipping around in circles around them etc. This has been recorded and I'm sure you can search it up and find it. It all happened near Wurthsmith AFB in Oscoda. What wasn't recorded follows.

My Dad, mom, and sister lived in a small house in the woods about 1 mile from the air base. About 400 feet behind their house my uncle lived in and operated a gunshop. He was a world reknown gunsmith who had many articles in The American Rifleman Magazine. There were a few houses down the road but other than that they were totally isolated in the woods.
One night as they were all sitting on the couch watching television my dad noticed a strange face in the window behind the tv. He describes it as a pale gray colored skin, big offset eyes, two slits for a nose and a straight slit mouth.

My dad didn't know what to do, he had a feeling of calmness, as if there was nothing to worry about. To this day he explains it as if he was mentally being told not to be afraid. Of course at the same time it was a weird face in the window and he wanted to know what the hell was going on.

Not wanting to scare my mom and sister he started to get up to go out the door but my mom stopped him with a nudge and whispered to him "do you see that in the window". They figured it must be the kids from down the road playing a prank or something so my dad got up and went out the door. He got outside and nothing was there. My mom said it was just gone when he opened the door. He claims that when he opened the door he didn't see or hear anything except for something moving real fast through the trees branches in the woods, as if a wind had blown through the trees.

The next day they had put it off as a prank. Things were as usual around the house untill they turned on the tv. Remember this is late 60's in the woods, they had no cable and for reception all they had was a cheap antennae on top of the roof. Normally they recieved 3 channels on their tv, today they had a crystal clear station on every channel.

My dad felt really odd about this, he called up a guy he knew that worked at a tv shop and told him he wanted him to come over and look at his tv. When the guy arrived he started flipping through the stations and the guy said "theres no way your getting those channels with that little antennae, do you mind if I bring my boss out to look at this". His boss indeed came out and they were astonished and couldn't figure out how he was getting all the stations like that. He told my dad that he was a lucky guy.

That night after dark they were once again watching tv when they noticed the face in the window again. my dad got up and ran out the door and once again, nothing was there except for the noise going through the trees.

the next day my dad decided he was going to catch the creep who was doing this so he took a rake, raked all the ground under the window to bare, loose dirt, so that whoever was doing it would leave tracks. That night he hid behind the door(which led straight out to the window) with a shotgun. He told my mom to raise her hand when the face appeared in the window. My mom raised her hand, my dad rushed out the door with the gun and what he found was again, nothing. He took out a flashlight to see if there was footprints and nothing was there. not a single track in the dirt at all.

THis went on for a week straight. The face in the window, no tracks in the dirt, the strange tv reception, untill one night late as they was asleep they woke up to a very strange high pitched hum, and a blinding light comming through their bedroom window. The light and sound grew more intense as whatever it was came straight down into the backyard behind their house. Oddly they were both telling each other to look out the window, but different then before they had a strange sense of fear telling them not to look. Mightve just been primal fear I imagine.

The next day their tv was back to normal. Three channels of fuzzy reception. There was a blackened circle in the backyard and my dad saw my uncle walk out of the gunshop. My dad walked over to him and asked, "did you see that out here last night?" My uncle turned pale white and looked at him funny and without a word, turned and walked into his gunshop.

My dad knew what it was by now. With all the UFO sightings that had been occuring during the same time it was clearly obvious. My parents decided to not say anything to anyone about it because during this time there were many reports of people that had witnessed UFO's and reported it, being visited by the MIB. They didn't want nothing to do with that so they kept quiet.

This the untold story exactly as I've been told countless times by my father and mother. My sister also remembers seeing it.

I think it's a very important event that people should know about. Even though it was so long ago.
Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very interesting, this gave me a chill as I was reading it. That's one of the most fascinating alien sighting stories that I've ever heard that doesn't make me shrug it off right afterward.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting story.And im sure im not the only one who would be saying this.If this incident is indeed real(not that im denying its untrue)then what you are most definatly dealing with is a grey.Grey skin,black eyes,slit like mouth and featureless nose and face are all typical features of the common grey.

And im not surprised of the sightings.Many close encounters appears in the woods,sometimes it just people driving by and other times its a family at a farmhouses.Greys have a habit of abducting people in the country,in the woodlands and away from urban areas due to the fact that they do not have to avoid such a huge population they can abduct more easily.

Its good you told us about this story,in this way many of us are acknowledged that our beliefs are backed up with more sightings.
All i can say is that i hope your family will not have to deal with this encounter anymore.They most liekly wonts because the majority of close encounters only occur once.And continue telling your stories,even if some may not believe it.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Honest to god's truth. I'm glad I hadn't been born yet at the time. I think I'd pass on witnessing that event.

When I was about 13 my aunt gave me her collection of Time Life, or some set of books, one had paranormal, another had UFO's, etc. Well, the UFO book is full of supposedly true stories about sightings and stuff, and there was a drawing of a "grey" that someone saw while they was abducted or whatever happened, I don't remember, but anyways. My dad saw that picture and got totally creeped out and said "THAT is what was looking in the window". My mother and sister agree.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wow! I have read many stories that were ongoing on families in this country and abroad. Like they were keeping track of them. Some people are not scared and other were scared of these aliens. A few will speak about it as they communicate with the greys I believe they were. Before I joined I came across a name Earthsister that I think is in the paid section. I got to read a few things she had to say. I do not know how I got into that forum....lol Earthsister had a connection with some species I guess. So it get weird sometimes trying to take in these kind of things. But I do questions things, nor can I say it is true or false.
Now if you talk about ghost, that my area....lol

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hello DesEagle, and thanks for sharing this great testimony with us
It's the kind of story that consolidate me in the fact that aliens are really visiting us.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Similarities between your account and the movie "Signs".

Not putting your srtory down but just pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
That's a very creepy story of your family's encounters! I just closed my curtains because of it!

Is your father or your uncle a mason?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
wow...........that's a very interesting story. thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
good story, I am from Michigan my whole life basically, and I have heard many stories here such as yours, and I think I can recall stories that spawned from those lake Huron stories. I have seen many UFOs in the skies here in northern Michigan (not the U.P)where the skies are dark, but mostly from afar. I saw one driving to Lansing from Grand Rapids down the freeway with a couple of my friends years ago, and it had to be a UFO we all agreed because it was like nothing else we had seen, and it went over our heads when it crossed the hwy. I remember looking at it in the distance ahead and to my left for awhile trying to recognize what building it was. It looked like that Toronto tower from a distance and I watched it long enough to see that it hovered there for a period of time that I thought it was a building and not an aircraft. Then after watching it for a couple of miles my friend riding shotgun said it was moving. Within seconds it crossed the hwy right over top of us, and it was moving fast enough that I couldnt really see what it was, but slow enough that it seemed I watched it for a couple of minutes as it flew over us right at the top of the trees-I could tell that it wasnt a plane, or helicopter, for one- the shape of it, and for two- we couldnt hear it (as if it were just gliding without an engine)- also the lights shielded it from my vision, I remember they were bright, but they didnt hurt my eyes to look up at them. Then my eyes followed it to the right of us as it disappeared over the trees out of our vision, then I lost track of it and when I checked my rearview mirror to see if I could still see it, I couldnt even see the lights anymore-but what I did see is a whole bunch of cars behind me pulling back onto the hwy, so I know they all saw it too. Me and my buddies still talk about it from time to time, and if it hadnt been for us all seeing the same thing, including the cars behind us getting back on the road- I would have thought it was just the kickass doobie we just smoked. TRUE STORY!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
No my dad and uncle weren't masons.

The movie "Signs" isn't that the one where all the animals were running by the cabin in the woods and the aliens were making everyone deathly ill?

LOL, not even close. For one, it's not my story and I don't think my family had watched the movie "signs" back in 1967.

I close my curtains too. LOL my bedroom window has large oval sticker on the window to identify the childrens window for firefighters (used to be the kids room for the previous owners) that thing has freaked me out a couple of times in the middle of the night.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The fil your thinking of is Dreamcatcher, not Signs. lol.

Anyway, fair play to your family, if that was me i would of soiled myself

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Face in the window, reparing TV-antennas for a week? Sorry, but that sounds way to far out.

Reminds me of the old stories of aliens repearing an old mexican man's teeth... Far out..

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Very interesting story! I tried looking for any UFO stories in that area from the 60's, but could only find something from 1975. Below are a few links that share stories of that sighting from 1975...

ufos.about.com...

www.michiganufos.com...

www.abduct.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

I think sign is a bad movie, typical hollywoood "evil aliens".
Mel Gibson who is very religious man, wouldnt have agreed to be in the movie if they were portrayed as ''good''.

Independence day was crap too...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story....
My family had an experience in 1977, camping in Redding, CA. We were all in the campsite and I decided to go lay in the tent, I was 6 at the time. I was awake, looking out the tent window, while my dad, mom and little sister were outside the tent and I remember my mom starting dinner for us, I could see and hear everyone. All of a sudden, there was a loud humming noise and the trees were being blown around slightly, and there were these lights flashing. My mom let out a scream and said "OMG, it's a UFO." This thing was hovering over the entire campground and it was huge. My family all got into the tent and we stayed there for a while, then when it was gone, we went outside and other people were standing around in awe of what they had witnessed. The whole campground was talking. Well, the next day, my mom was feeling kind of tired and she had red welts all over her ankles and calves, almost like radiation burns. Needless to say, that was the last time we went there to camp and that made a beliver out of all of us. UFO's are real. I will never forget that experience as long as I live...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Nice very interesting story Des

Any more?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wasn't '___' popular during those years? Also, if I thought I was seeing faces in the window, I would have left the blinds (or in this case, sheets) covering the windows.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
'___'? Umm, no I don't think my 7yr old sister was trippin. My dad is wayy anti-drug.

Yes the story is far out, but true.

To all the non-believers, when ones looking at you through your window, please come back and let us know, I promise not to be skeptical to you.

THis didn't happen to me, I've never saw an alien or UFO, I have no reason to tell a story to entertain anyone. My family told me of this event, and when someone tells you a story and gets tears in their eyes thinking about it, you know it isn't a lie.

It's funny that that event in 1975 is the only recorded event, there was LOTS of UFO sightings up there with LOTS of witnesses. Being so close to Wurthsmith maybe they were covered up?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

Honestly I don't see many similarities at all.

1) The aliens in signs did not peer in the windows then disappear, they did hear noises and once a leg in the cornfield but that was it.

2) When trying to intercept the aliens, they disappeared. In signs, they were caught on video tape.

3) In Signs the aliens were hostile; he said his family and a peaceful feeling when viewing them.

4)What his family saw was obvioulsy a grey, where in signs, the characteristics of the aliens were nothing like a grey, they were tall, green and had different facial structures the greys.

5)In signs, the aliens attacked; the OP's family got better TV reception, with no hostile takeover.

Anyone, just thought I'd point that out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join