It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: ctophil

Thanks everyone...

I would argue that there most definitely are "punishments".... but they happen in life, not "after death"

There are Laws of Balance in the Universe, which requires everybody to balance between "good and evil." This means that if there are too much "evil" in your local town, district, country, or even world, the Universe will balance itself by throwing the dark energy into things like storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and so forth. Those are just large examples. But you can also apply this distribution of dark energy being created in your personal life as well through "bad" things that can happen to you. As I said before, "evil" is Energy Veiled, meaning God's Light has been covered up. Those who do "evil" have been blinded and can not see God's Will. Energy itself can not be destroyed, but can only be transformed into something else. What the Universe does is transform this "evil" into "neutral" again through a cleansing process that could affect your lives. And through this "neutral" energy, people can transform it into good or evil through their freedom of choice.

I know I talk about duality, but a better word for it is Polarity, which encompasses good, evil, and neutral. You have noticed that some people live a "neutral" life, which they don't believe in doing good nor evil. We are always working with one of those states of energy or light. Because of this cleansing process the Universe goes through, it may seem like God is "punishing" you because something you have done. But in actuality, it is a transformation process that allows you to start over in a clean state (neutral energy). The Universe teaches us great lessons of life through these cycling of energy processes. Ultimately, we must find a way to fix our mistakes and work our way back to God through many lives. I must mention that these many lives are not reincarnations, but are incarnations from one world to another, keeping your knowledge, wisdom, and memories all along the way, just adding more to your experiences as you go.

With that understanding, if you continue to do good, follow God's Will, and a person who only follows Spirit and not the Flesh, then you will live an easy life. Nothing will bother you, and the Universe will not have to cleanse your bad habits. It is as though everything you touch turns to gold, life is in love with you and vice versa, and only good things happen to you, all the while people around you are suffering. That's why you must be your "brother's keeper," thereby help others when you can, since they need your help to know God.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: Akragon

The disciples definitely thought it possible for John the Baptist to be Elijah reincarnated, if one reads those chapters with a keen eye and an open mind…

But other than that there are many other clues to “reincarnation” or “carnation” in the Bible…IMO

The disciples believed in reincarnation a lot, by the way. Because even during that time, reincarnation was a rather ancient belief system dating all the way back to the times of Abraham and earlier. But Master Jesus had to eradicate that belief among his students. However, it was always very hard for them to grasp that there was no reincarnation, meaning coming back to Earth many times.

John 14:1-3
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Jesus did say in John14: 2 that in his Fathers house are many rooms or mansions, in other translations. This has to be referring too different worlds within Gods collective Kingdom, which are either spiritual or physical IMO…

In a similar parallel there’s also this verse from the Gospel of Judas…below…

You are correct that the mansions are referring to the many worlds in God's Kingdom. When you die, or in some cases get translated, you will enter the first of the seven Lower Paradise Worlds. You may even go straight to the First Heaven in some cases.

Jesus said, “[Come], that I may teach you about [secrets] no person [has] ever seen. For there exists a great and boundless realm, whose extent no generation of angels has seen, [in which] there is [a] great invisible [Spirit], which no eye of an angel has ever seen, no thought of the heart has ever comprehended, and it was never called by any name.

There’s also more clues in regards Gods judgment, the judgment according to Jesus, not Christianity of Hell and destruction etc…

God's Judgement is nothing at all like Christianity. The Bible is talking about where you should be assigned to (the many mansions mentioned earlier) once your life here is done. It's not judgement per say but are decisions made to know where you belong in the higher worlds.

Luke 6:31
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

These verses above are clearly talking about an equal and fair judgment by God…IMO

There’s only one possibility for a fair judgement and that is for God to prepare a place for us, (as mentioned John 14: 2-3) depending on our spiritual journey in this life…

- JC

Indeed very true. There is nothing more important in God's Kingdom than your spiritual journey. As I always say, God is experiencing life at the same time as you are, since He is literally inside of you at every moment. And through this journey, you go from one level or grade to another. Decisions are actually made by God's fair and true judges to where you belong in the long journey back to God.

edit on 10/28/2016 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: MamaJ

God made a promise, Malocchino

Can't you see how obsessed you are?

I have no part in this conversation but you have to bring up my name.

I am flattered that you think of me so often, but that so called promise was actually written by a human so it's not God's promise.

He didn't write the Bible.

denies this, but here is the promise of God to preserve his words to every generation for ever, and as it is found in the preserved scriptures for us today in the Language of this generation which is English. Beware of the Christian Elite who say you have to know dead languages in order to interpret the Bible when God himself has preserved to this generation.

Ps 12:6, 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
no one has faith in God to do as he says. No one believes that God can keep his words and to preserve his words to every generation forever. Unbelief is a sin in and of itself and hinders people from learning the true words of God.

I believe he has, it has blessed me and others because of my faith in God, and no one could change that.

My biggest beef is when they don't believe the words to be true unless it is the words they are using for their teachings which are not found in the Bible.

Believing and knowing are two different things and in the absence of proof it is more of a theory, an unjustified belief.

All books were written by men, influenced by God sure, but not written.

And the Bible is far from the preserved word of God.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio
Why are you thinking you can argue against the truth. Oh yeah because you don't believer God preserved his bible as he inspired David to write.

just go back to using your none biblical sources I wont argue with your over those.

But as far as the preserved Bible goes. You're wrong and so are all the so called scholars who like you don't believe it either.

Making your selves god in God's stead to do something you think he is unable to do. Thereby following the serpents lie to become gods knowing good and evil.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Before reading this attempt to dismiss all preconceived notions of "religion"

Okay. I never herded sheep, so:

This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

When I was 15 I worked at a dairy. The owner was some corporation. It was the head foreman who knew all the 150 cows by name, not the owner.

I worked the night milking shift. My job was to work the gates from the 5 string paddocks to the washing area next to the milking barn, wash the cows, especially the udders, then let the cows into the milking barn.

Cow guiding tool

The cows pretty much knew the routine so only occasionally was it necessary to walk through the ankle high poop to round up the few stragglers and lay(not hit) the cane on a side of a cow to get her moving. Mostly, the cows would see me coming and head to the gate before I even opened it.

One night I had the gates set wrong, so the cows leaving the milking barn and returning to their paddock went astray. I didn't realize until I'd clocked out and was heading home, and saw the cows wandering aimlessly. I told the foreman, and started rounding up the cows, but when a couple of co-workers showed up to clock in for the day shift, the foreman sent me home. So I only worked at the dairy about four months.

Anyway, check this out:

Something guides the Buffalo.

One time at a small bay on the Pacific coast a group of about twenty hump back whales came close for a greeting, the youngsters came in closer, being smaller, doing a bit of body-surfing. That was really something to see!

More than once, while I was walking on a forest path, a doe would step out of hiding and show off her fauns. What can you do? Offer praise and blessing! The doe walks with head perceptibly higher.

After starting this reply, I stepped out to burn some sacred tobacco. A young two prong buck was drinking rain water 12 yards away. It came toward me, jumped a chain link fence and ran right in front of me, then off to browse the black berries, as a squirrel hopped up to me to show off a peanut it had found. That's life along the greenbelt.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The idea that Logos means Word is flawed as it's common meaning is Reason. It's fundamental to understanding the esoteric meaning of the Logos.

Reason, Word, Logos.... same smell indeed.

Reason being the esoteric meaning takes nothing away from the post I made though. Reason becomes inspired too.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

God made a promise, Malocchino denies this, but here is the promise of God to preserve his words to every generation for ever, and as it is found in the preserved scriptures for us today in the Language of this generation which is English. Beware of the Christian Elite who say you have to know dead languages in order to interpret the Bible when God himself has preserved to this generation.

Ps 12:6, 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
no one has faith in God to do as he says. No one believes that God can keep his words and to preserve his words to every generation forever. Unbelief is a sin in and of itself and hinders people from learning the true words of God.

I believe he has, it has blessed me and others because of my faith in God, and no one could change that.

My biggest beef is when they don't believe the words to be true unless it is the words they are using for their teachings which are not found in the Bible.

MAN wrote the books, not God.

I can be inspired to write a scripture per my experience and it can add to the collection. Would you still have faith and fight over my words written? Why or why not?

Interpretation of a book in the Bible is different. I interpret reincarnation throughout the book. Do you? Why not? It's plain as day to me.

This becomes a silly circle jerk.

You are responsible for YOU. If I do not see what you see and vice versa, leave it alone. It's been said that only he who has ears can hear.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well what if your wrong?

Why would man put a verse in there that says God will preserve his words to every generation forever and they not be able to keep that word?

Not to do so makes God look weak and powerless.

Why would Jesus give us a teaching to let our yes be yes and our no no concerning a vow to God, if God himself can't keep his words?

Paul taught and agreed with that teaching of Jesus and even went deeper in that it was not just a vow but any time we give our word.

While men penned the words of God it was God that inspired them and kept them to this generation.

If God's words are not true, not pure and corrupt and you teach reincarnation (not found in any English versions of any of the 350 plus versions) from it, how can you be sure that that is what the Bible is teaching seeing it is the corrupt words of men?

Remember it is corrupt words of men. Just like anything you would write and try to add to the Bible. Why not just stick to those world religions that clearly teach reincarnation, there are plenty of books of the Hindu's and Buddhist that teach reincarnation. To teach that it is in the Bible is to make the Holy Bible, Judaism and Christianity just equal to any other religious books and religions.

Now if God did inspire David to pen the words of his promise wouldn't it be up to Him to keep it, and up to us believe it and to find it?

I agree with you that 99.9% of the 350 plus English Bible versions since 1830 are corrupt words of men. But I also believe there is one English Bible that is God preserved word. One that led the longest world evangelism in the English speaking word, one that has all the Bible verses in it, one that cross-references words, phrases and verses within and between the Old and New Testaments.

Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given to you knock and it shall be opened up unto you.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Well what if your wrong?

Why would man put a verse in there that says God will preserve his words to every generation forever and they not be able to keep that word?

How many times a day do you make this same argument, every thread you comment in it's about ''the preserved word of God."

Does it ever get old? That book is like an Idol to you, you worship it and think English is the only language God preserved it in and Old English at that.

The Bible never was nor will be perfect and God is not responsible for what men wrote so it was never promised by God that He would.

You say it was preserved by God and then say all versions except for the KJV are not preserved.

Make up your mind, if it was promised then versions shouldn't matter, if corrupt Bibles exist... promise broken.

What if you can't speak English?

Not to do so makes God look weak and powerless.

Why would Jesus give us a teaching to let our yes be yes and our no no concerning a vow to God, if God himself can't keep his words?

Paul taught and agreed with that teaching of Jesus and even went deeper in that it was not just a vow but any time we give our word.

While men penned the words of God it was God that inspired them and kept them to this generation.

If God's words are not true, not pure and corrupt and you teach reincarnation (not found in any English versions of any of the 350 plus versions) from it, how can you be sure that that is what the Bible is teaching seeing it is the corrupt words of men?

Remember it is corrupt words of men. Just like anything you would write and try to add to the Bible. Why not just stick to those world religions that clearly teach reincarnation, there are plenty of books of the Hindu's and Buddhist that teach reincarnation. To teach that it is in the Bible is to make the Holy Bible, Judaism and Christianity just equal to any other religious books and religions.

Now if God did inspire David to pen the words of his promise wouldn't it be up to Him to keep it, and up to us believe it and to find it?

I agree with you that 99.9% of the 350 plus English Bible versions since 1830 are corrupt words of men. But I also believe there is one English Bible that is God preserved word. One that led the longest world evangelism in the English speaking word, one that has all the Bible verses in it, one that cross-references words, phrases and verses within and between the Old and New Testaments.

Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given to you knock and it shall be opened up unto you.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

The idea that Logos means Word is flawed as it's common meaning is Reason. It's fundamental to understanding the esoteric meaning of the Logos.

Reason, Word, Logos.... same smell indeed.

Reason being the esoteric meaning takes nothing away from the post I made though. Reason becomes inspired too.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from ya, I was just commenting.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

The New Testament contains a contradiction in the John the Baptist is Elijah department, that John flat out denied being Elijah.

And he is not thought of as Elijah by the Mandaeans who are his followers today, though they are few they go back further than Christianity and do not believe Jesus was the Messiah.

The Pistis Sophia states he was Elijah so it would have to be that he was unaware of his prior life as Prophet extraordinare, Heavenly Ascent and rebirth.

Because he denied it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Oh well every where I go because it is the truth. But when I made this comment here you had not made any comment yet.

Are you cyber stalking me?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Oh well every where I go because it is the truth. But when I made this comment here you had not made any comment yet.

Are you cyber stalking me?

Actually I asked you how could the "only preserved word of God" the KJV, be that if it only exists in English?

Do Jews have to translate from the KJV back into Hebrew even though it came from Hebrew, and the New Testament from English to Hebrew from the KJV to learn from ''the preserved word of God?"

You just never answered so I asked again, if you don't like it answer the questions?

Of course you probably avoided answering for a reason, like it's a ridiculous notion to think God only preserves the Bible YOU happen to use and ''KJV only" people all are a little nutty anyway so don't worry about it.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I am not going to play circle jerk with you so if you want the answer I answered you here already, maybe you just forgot to read the post. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-11-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There really is no such animal as "Biblical reincarnation".

Getting new bodies but still knowing one another is not reincarnation that is resurrection in new bodies 1Cor 15.

Someone coming in the spirit of another is not reincarnation.

So the Bible does not have a doctrine of reincarnation because it does not teach it. But other world religions teach it so try using those books instead of out of context bible verses or verses twisted to mean something they do not teach.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There really is no such animal as "Biblical reincarnation".

Wrong.

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. 15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Does the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

The Bible’s answer

No, it does not. Neither the word “reincarnation” nor the idea appears in the Bible. Belief in reincarnation is based on the teaching of the immortality of the soul. * [*: Belief in the immortality of the soul and in reincarnation can be traced back to ancient Babylon. Later, Indian philosophers formulated the doctrine of Karma. According to the Britannica Encyclopedia of World Religions, Karma is “the law of cause and effect, which states that what one does in this present life will have its effect in the next life.”—Page 913.] However, the Bible teaches that the soul is the entire person and is thus mortal. (Genesis 2:7, footnote; Ezekiel 18:4) At death, a person ceases to exist.—Genesis 3:19; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6.

What is the difference between reincarnation and resurrection?

The Bible’s teaching of the resurrection is not based on the immortality of the soul. In the resurrection, people who have died will be brought back into existence by God’s power. (Matthew 22:23, 29; Acts 24:15) The resurrection offers the positive hope of coming back to a new earth with the prospect of never dying again.—2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:3, 4.

Misconceptions about reincarnation and the Bible

Misconception: The Bible says that the prophet Elijah was reincarnated as John the Baptist.

Fact: God foretold: “I am sending to you Elijah the prophet,” and Jesus showed that John the Baptist fulfilled this prophecy. (Malachi 4:5, 6; Matthew 11:13, 14) However, this did not mean that Elijah had been reincarnated as John the Baptist. John himself said that he was not Elijah. (John 1:21) Instead, John performed a work like Elijah’s, proclaiming God’s message calling for repentance. (1 Kings 18:36, 37; Matthew 3:1) John also proved to be “strong and mighty like the prophet Elijah.”—Luke 1:13-17, Good News Translation.

Misconception: The Bible refers to reincarnation as being “born again.”

Fact: The Bible shows that being born again is a spiritual rebirth that takes place while a person is still alive. (John 1:12, 13) This rebirth is, not an inevitable consequence of past actions, but a blessing from God, giving those who receive it a unique hope for the future.—John 3:3; 1 Peter 1:3, 4.

Learn More
What Happens When You Die?

Are the dead aware of what is happening around them?

Do You Believe That You Have Lived Before?

Belief in reincarnation is popular. But is that what the Bible teaches?

edit on 9-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

IF Jesus is "the door" how does one go "in and out" of said door?

Don't believe everything you read brother

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

but you forget what the angel told John the Baptist biological father

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

The verse are not saying he was Elijah but that he came in the power of. Jesus is not saying it is a reincarnation of Elijah but that it was he whom came. He never says John was a reincarnation but that he was the fulfillment of the scriptures of Elias which was to come.

Mt 11:14 And if ye will receive [it], this is Elias, which was for to come.
It is either John or Eliah but it cannot be both. It is John who was Elias to come as fulfilled prophecy but not a reincarnation of Elijah as john the baptist. Elijah never died and John did. But later Elijah not John is seen with Jesus along with Moses.

Jesus is just saying he is the fulfillment of Elias who was to come not that he was a reincarnation of Elijah. If that were true then John will be judged of God for the lives of two different men. but the Bible says this

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
John died and was in his rest when Elijah was seen with Jesus on the Mount. Elijah and John the Baptist were not the same person reincarnated but John was the fulfillment of Elijah who was to come.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I disagree with you trite and over worked logic.

The whole Jesus story is a metaphor for reincarnation. The very fact that Jesus, supposedly died, left his body to journey to hell, or wherever, and then came back to reincarnate into his physical body reeks of reincarnation!

There's is no escaping the fact of reincarnation in the Bible, except through personal denial.

<< 1    3 >>

join