It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the media believe the U.S. was behind 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Have you noticed how many references there are to Bush and/or the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 attacks in popular culture? Films, books, television shows, video games, etc. Whatever one's opinion - it's hard not to notice that this idea has made it into our collective unconscious.

I am collecting examples of this, can anyone think of any?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just posted a message about a French video game that's coming out this year called "Act of War"

The plot has the oligarchs of the world fighting over oil, the U.S. wins, terrorists attack and kidnap Senators and stuff. Your player is in the U.S. army – the aim is to fight the terrorists off. Towards the end of the game it’s revealed that the U.S. government is behind the terrorists.

Check it out and let me know what you think:
dlx.gamespot.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've heard repeatedly, that in Europe, its accepted as fact, that the Bush Administration was behind 9/11- to justify a war for oil.

Every rube in America, with a Camaro sitting on cinderblocks in his front yard, fell for the lie.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I forgot to add.. All our major news networks, CBS ,etc.. are owned by defense contractor comanies. General Electric owns CBS (a HUGE defense contractor), so.. think about it, are you gonna get any kind of truth about the war, from network news?? It would be against their interests.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know man, this thread is kind of like asking your hammer if it thinks you are hitting the stud behind the sheetrock. The media is nothing more than a tool. Propoganda goes back to the days of the printing press, the Churches and Monarchies of the world burned and smashed the hell out of them, right up until they got some themselves, and public opinion hasn't been the same since. No the media doesn't believe anything, just as your hammer doesn't believe anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rod_Munch
I forgot to add.. All our major news networks, CBS ,etc.. are owned by defense contractor comanies. General Electric owns CBS (a HUGE defense contractor), so.. think about it, are you gonna get any kind of truth about the war, from network news?? It would be against their interests.

This is absolutely not true. General Electric owns NBC. However, CBS is owned by Viacom; ABC is owned by Walt Disney; CNN is owned by Time Warner; FOX is owned by News Corp.

Please tell me how Walt Disney, Viacom and Time Warner are defense contractors...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Please tell me how Walt Disney, Viacom and Time Warner are defense contractors...

No need to explain it, the media is owned and operated by those who proft and or gain from the proliferation of pro-war postures. No, they aren't defense contractors, but do some homework and follow the money, he's not far off the mark because...

Originally posted by twitchy
Paramount, Disney, ICM and CAA New York, Times, Wall Street Journal Washington Post, Boston Globe, Washington Post Barron's, Dow Jones Village Voice Time, U.S. News & World Report Atlantic Monthly, NY Daily News, AOL-Time Warner, CNN News Group (before you say no that's Ted Turner, look up 'Walter Isaacson'), Time Warner's publishing division, Sports Illustrated, People, Fortune, Walt Disney Company, Touchstone, Buena Vista, Hollywood Pictures, Caravan Pictures, Miramax Films, Capital Cities/ABC, Inc., ESPN, Lifetime Television, A & E Television Networks, ABC Radio Network, Viacom, Inc., Paramount Pictures, CBS's Country Music Television Nashville Network Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The
Free Press, Pocket Books. Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox Television Network, 20th Century Fox Films, and Fox 2000, New York Post and TV Guide are all owned or controlled by one religous organization.
This is not to mention all the subsidary companies and affiliates in print and local media, newsgroups, etc. that are either subsidized or controlled by the above listed companies. The recent consolidation of these major media companies has only tightened their grip, and really this is only to name a a few...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolentChick
I just posted a message about a French video game that's coming out this year called "Act of War"

The plot has the oligarchs of the world fighting over oil, the U.S. wins, terrorists attack and kidnap Senators and stuff. Your player is in the U.S. army – the aim is to fight the terrorists off. Towards the end of the game it’s revealed that the U.S. government is behind the terrorists.

Check it out and let me know what you think:
dlx.gamespot.com...

Here you all are talking about the media as if the only media we have in this country is U.S. owned. Firstly - the most influential media is the fictional media, or rather, the intentionally fictional media (as opposed to the newsmedia which is "accidentally fictional". Much of the media that young people consume these days is Japanese - children's television and video games are good examples. There are definitely areas of the media that are outside of the mainstream media and advertiser's control.

The game that ViolentChick recommends is put out by the Atari Europe and designed by the French. I downloaded it - it's unbelievable what a storyline they are able to get away with on a game intended for U.S. import. I got it from this site:

gamesdomain.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Diabolita23 how about some examples of this in the Media. I dont exactly see a plethora of media talking about the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 .

and video games ??? Im really interested in what video games you believe send out that message.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
even the rappers reference it.

"They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam
But that's bull****, I'll show you why it's totally wrong
Cuz if another country invaded the hood tonight
It'd be warfare through Harlem, and Washington Heights
I wouldn't be fightin' for Bush or White America's dream
I'd be fightin' for my people's survival and self-esteem
I wouldn't fight for racist churches from the south, my *****
I'd be fightin' to keep the occupation out, my *****
You ever clock someone who talk ****, or look at you wrong?
Imagine if they shot at you, and was rapin' your moms
And of course Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons
We sold him that ****, after Ronald Reagan's election"

-immortal techniques- bin laden
eminem later comes on to add
'I don't rap for dead presidents
I'd rather see the president dead
It's never been said but I set precedents'

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
wow a single rapper said it
and is this the same one that said "Blacks cheered when 9-11 happened " If so that guys not even a real famous rapper.

He should stick to rapping about forties,hos and nines

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
anyway, not to get too far off topic, but eminem has how many millions of fans? i think its pretty relavant...

the origonal question was...

Have you noticed how many references there are to Bush and/or the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 attacks in popular culture? Films, books, television shows, video games, etc. Whatever one's opinion - it's hard not to notice that this idea has made it into our collective unconscious.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've seen these conspiracy theories reported. They are all considered simply crazy people or anti-American. No respectable journalist believes the U.S. government had anything to do with it. Any questions just stem from a possible coverup of their sloppiness in intelligence gathering and connecting the dots.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a new age has dawned rising from the ashes of the innocent
my dead versus your dead let's see who can get more militant
blood for blood, pound for pound, an eye for an eye
my tribal god has told me that i must murder or die

you kill ten of mine, i must kill ten thousand of yours
preemptively decapitating all those who dare to oppose
shoot the mother#ers now, and ask questions much later
terrorist, freedom fighter, innocent bystander, instigator

it don't matter, your ass is brown, you got a towel on top of your head
you pray to a foreign god, you pray to mine or i'll shoot you dead
patriots, sidewinders, m-1's and f-16's
the most beautiful display of destruction mankind has ever seen

i'm not an invader, i came here to liberate your people
i'm carpet bombing your mosques so i can build my church steeples
yeah, freedom and democracy, baseball and apple pie
buy and consume or go bye bye bye

now who the # do you think you are to go against my manifest destiny
i got a mandate from my god to smite all of my enemies
look at me the wrong way and i'll put your ass on my # list
what? you want some of this, bitch? i'll take you for a ride, with no witness

what would jesus do? # that, you know it's just a front
to appease the bible thumpers while i do what the # i want
propagatin propaganda, live in fear and i'll protect ya
i'll raise the terror alert and you know that i'm gonna check ya

what books do you read, who do you talk to, where you goin, what's your habit?
gimme all your information right now, what's your number i gotta have it
big brother ain't got # on me, i got eyes in the back of your brain
my name is supa dubya and i've come to bring you the pain

=============

the usurping bastard child of an archaic plutocratic system
what's my #ing name..?! if it was something else you'd have missed him
playing games with poppy's cash, let's bankrupt the company make bank on the options
# the pension plan, # aunt millie, neck deep in corruption

power to the people, no the power belongs to the white men in white collars
gathering every single day to worship in the temple of the dollar
mr greenspan, mr greenspan, tell me which way the wind blows
and why are all these people jumping out of their #in windows?

why are all these mothers crying for children that won't return
their blood spilling in the desert while the city of baghdad burns
the black blood that feeds the empire must never stop flowing
no price is too high, we must keep shocking and awing

it's the project for the new american century, the new world order
an empire disguised as democracy, prostituted and distorted
you think this # started the day the towers came falling down?
no, it's an old idea we've been munching on and kicking around

we've been waitin to scratch that itch for a long time in mesopotamia
even though we all know the hijackers were mostly saudi arabian
pay no mind to the lies, the shell games and deception
we're here to fight for your freedom, we're only here for your protection

i don't remember guadalcanal, antietam, normandy or the mekong
i'm sending you and your neighbor's kid to die like i'm on playstation ghost recon
playin like i'm a top gun, mission accomplished on an aircraft carrier
workin hard every day to make the world scarier and scarier

a kinder, gentler version of daddy, check this conservative's compassion
read my lips, mother#ers, time for lights camera and action
this power trip # gets me higher than back in the day, doin coc aine
my name is supa dubya and i'm really #ing insane

====================

i'm settin the stage for a show for which you've never seen an equal
you thought 9/11 was tight, hold up, i'm gettin ready for the sequel
whatever the cost, whatever the price to buy me four more years
a few more terror attacks, more lies to keep you living in fear

call rush, call o'reilly, get on the phone with mr. hannity
spin the web of deception so we can continue with this insanity
don't ask too many questions, deploy weapons of mass distraction
prepare the foot soldiers, it's almost time to jump into action

the second coming of the rapture, the last holy crusade
i'm smiting infidels left and right, giving them a taste of my righteous blade
the power to destroy the world right here in the palm of my hand
i'll bring you eternal salvation, by air, sea and by land

with us or against us, only two roads that you can choose
the almighty is on my side, and there's no way that i can lose
it's the coalition of the sellouts, mother# the united nations
i'm readin the bible and mein kampf for my divine inspiration

the ultimate corporate state, only dreamed of by mussolini
in the innermost of the inner circles, rubbin elbows and sippin martinis
in bed with ceo’s, saudi princes and israeli ministers
i serve only them and follow their orders, no matter how sinister

i'm the schoolyard bully, gimme your milk money and play my game
the only bastard on the planet gettin by on his #in last name
can't even pronounce nuclear missile, but i know how to pull the trigger
kick back and relax while the empire grows bigger and bigger

# genghis khan, # caesar, # alexander the great
i'm bigger than all those niggas, this is the perfect fascist state
don't mess with texas, mother#er, don't mess with me or i'll blow your brains
i'm super duper dubya, this is my world and my game!!!

www.supadubya.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
anyway, not to get too far off topic, but eminem has how many millions of fans? i think its pretty relavant...

See eminem never said anything about the US being behind 9/11. He did make it very clear that he does not like Bush though with his video and all.

Theres a big difference

It like saying Fahrenheit 9/11 dealt with the US behind 9-11

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Diabolita23 how about some examples of this in the Media. I dont exactly see a plethora of media talking about the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 .

and video games ??? Im really interested in what video games you believe send out that message.
[edit on 26-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

Here are some media examples:

1. Fox TV aired Episode One of a new show spun-off from The X-Files. In the first episode of this new show, The Lone Gunmen, an inside faction of the government posing as terrorists hijacks a 727 by remote control. They do this because the cold war is over they need an excuse for war to increase arm sales. They target the World Trade Center, but their plot is foiled at the last minute.

2. Jadakiss- Why (rap song)

"Why would n-ggas push pounds and powder?/
Why did bush knock down the towers?"

3. On March 24th of this year XXX - State of the Union will be released, in this film The NSA is struck by another unknown american spy unit, the head of the NSA chpt. discovers that the Sec. of Defense is running this spy unit, and that He is planning to take out the President and takeover DC.

4. Here (again) is a link to a video game with this same theme:
gamesdomain.yahoo.com...

Comments, reviews?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diabolita23

Your obviously a newbie...thats what 90% of the site is.....seriously though..at least 80%

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Your obviously a newbie...thats what 90% of the site is.....seriously though..at least 80%

And your love of the leaf is obviously interfering with your ability to read. Diabolita23 asked for examples from pop culture people - NOT conspiracy theories or claims from the newsmedia. I'm a newbie too, but my reading abilities are intact enough to realize that there's not much on this site that talks about how these themes are being addressed in fictional works. Perhaps there's just enough fiction on this site to make people forget the difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitPeaSoup

The game that ViolentChick recommends is put out by the Atari Europe and designed by the French. I downloaded it - it's unbelievable what a storyline they are able to get away with on a game intended for U.S. import. I got it from this site:

gamesdomain.yahoo.com...

The game is put out by Atari France, but the storyline is written by an American. It's Dale Brown, a former Air Force pilot turned techno-thriller novelist. He's supposed to release a book with the same theme as the game later this year.

A retired military man writing the storyline for a French video game about the war on terror released in the US? A conspiracy is brewing. . .

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolentChick

Originally posted by spliff4020

And your love of the leaf is obviously interfering with your ability to read. Diabolita23 asked for examples from pop culture people - NOT conspiracy theories or claims from the newsmedia. I'm a newbie too, but my reading abilities are intact enough to realize that there's not much on this site that talks about how these themes are being addressed in fictional works. Perhaps there's just enough fiction on this site to make people forget the difference.

And obviously YOUR reading skills are not what you think.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can post another hundred or so. Its still a good read, but YES, IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED TO DEATH. Oh, and as far as "rap" goes, maybe theyre just looking for a word that rhymes with power.

In closing, let me say, rack up more than 300 points before you start attacking me. If youd like to debate something, well, like Bush said, "Bring it on! " You'll go down and be back chatting to your buddies on AOL messenger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join