It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet Of Android Robots To Begin Policing The Streets By 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The surveillance system in the UK is, if what I read is true, just down right creepy.

Its getting that way in US cities as well; and they have installed cameras that scan automobiles on the major freeways, tracking who's going where and when.

What I don't understand is.....what the hell do they do with all that data?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

They use it for other projects, and they also sell that data to the many many companies that use that data to formulate what we will buy, what we are most likely to want to do tomorrow as a whole, what music and movies we will most be interested in. It's amazing, the even more amazing part is, many people are worried about the CCTVs yet many use social media that does exactly the samething.

I mean, half the time, these social media platforms don't even need to gather the data to sell, since many people post their daily lives without any prompt once so ever. There is a thing as knowing TOO MUCH about one another, that will be seen more and more as time goes on.

Ultimately, they want to make sure that the rules and laws they pass without our needs being considered are enforced and that no matter what, we don't assemble ourselves to keep the system fair and balanced.

If our government wanted fair and balanced, we would of had it after WW2 and things would of gotten better for all, when we've gone backwards, we have more racist and financial slavery happening now out in the open even.

When you have Steven Hawkings laughing at you in a Jaguar commercial, you've lost.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

What you read is certainly true, probobly a whole lot worse if truth be told.

Depends on the data but i imagine they store it from anything from a few months to a few years and utilize analytical tools in conjunction with trained analysts in an attempt to gleam pertinent information, nefarious or otherwise.

edit on 25-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The scary thing is this, I work with big data daily as part of my job in the SEO / SEM industry.

The main rule to handle that data is, NEVER DELETE IT, I mean NEVER, because you never known when you need to go back and compare historical data to current, since that can be the matter of doing something or not doing something.

In the whole scheme of things, DATA is as good as having ESP, minority report the movie wasn't too far off, cept for the freewill and precrime stuff, too many dynamics play a part in our actions to use data as a 100% prediction, but it can and has been used for predicting in general.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

"In the whole scheme of things, DATA is as good as having ESP, minority report the movie wasn't too far off"

Well they are apparently already trialing pre crime detection algorithms in conjunction with CCTV some areas of the world, supposedly with some success.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't mind that tech being used to monitor possible crimes in public, but when they start arresting or violating rights with the possibility of a crime to occur is the part that would have me wanting to move to wilderness.

In some sense it's a step in the right direction but using the way current events and past events have unfolded, you know this technology will be used to do much more than it's intended too.

That precrime concept, is the perfect issue to use to go after people they otherwise have no evidence of wrong doing, such as organized crime, hackers, whistle blowers, protesters and of course random joe schmo.

Being a technology nerd, but also understanding the current state of our world and country, the future is not looking to be very friendly and more like 1984 than we could of ever imagined.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They would be captured and stripped for parts in Compton or Chicago,MORE SO if they carry guns on them.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The surveillance system in the UK is, if what I read is true, just down right creepy.

Its getting that way in US cities as well; and they have installed cameras that scan automobiles on the major freeways, tracking who's going where and when.

What I don't understand is.....what the hell do they do with all that data?

Technology makes it easier to do. YOu may ask "Well just because it's easier to do doesn't mean we should do it!" I'm afraid it's more complicated than that. As are most things in life. Like water, we tend to follow the path of least resistance. I think ti's physics, not immaterial. This means we should be able to understand it--with time. We don't live long enough to understand it as individuals, but collectively we may, someday.. I'm not sure we ever understand it as much as we accept it, like we accept gravity or mortality.
edit on 10/25/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Humanity has never really invented a tool that it has not used through. I get where you are coming from, just because we can do a thing does not necessarily mean we should. Thing is through 99% of the time we generally do, covertly or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
so kinda like this maybe?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't see why they would make them look like people. Little drones or rolling "totem pole" robots with wheels, or even big spiders make more functional and economic sense. People aren't going to like them more if they kind of look like people. They would have to be indistinguishable from people. And that's going to take a long time to perfect.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
so kinda like this maybe?

I could live with that. That part at the end though, no different than a human police officer yelling at someone to drop the weapon, except that kid got turned into swiss cheese.

Machines are just so much better at everything we cannot do.
edit on 25-10-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

prison camps no doubt.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
a reply to: Encryptor

I personally think robots are pretty damn awesome!! With that said WTF! Soon we will be hearing that due to the increased police violence this would be the best way to solve the problem. The sheeple will eat it up. I would be willing to bet these first ones are not armed and are programmed to be very friendly. Then we will see the need for armed bots (attacks against them or something) arise then it will be all down hill from there.

Don't the sheeple always eat it up? I know it's insane.. I will agree the first programmable bots will be sugar coated, but laced with cyanide.

People will be programmed to love them, until the next batch and the next. And in time, the brainwashing will completely take over Society until the Narks helping the bots become little pockets of gangs throughout entire cities.

This can't end well...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Dubai is the last country that should be messing around with android robots!

Dubai's laws are brutal. Police already carry out public beatings, executions without trial, whipping and arresting women for driving cars and not wearing modest Islamic dress in public, imagine when they programme robots to do this

Imagine if theserobots gain sentiety and Artificial Intelligence

I know right, Dubai is already women unfriendly, this would just create a pile of evil and abusive behaviour. It's a backward society already, this would be like Over Kill.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I can see small drones being utilized for Police actions and patrol here in the U.K rather soon considering how much we already rely on CCTV for surveillance purposes.

Lets face it the UK is the most heavily surveyed of any of the first world nations so it makes sense as to take the capability mobile.

The implications however are Orwellian in the extreme.

I know they would do it, no doubt about it.

Surveillance is the UK's new middle name. They must be so paranoid people are going to over take their Kingdom Power and Glory that they're acting like crazy people do in an insane asylum.

No Logic whatsoever!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wasn't there an essay recently that made the case that robot armies violated Asimov's Three Laws? How is this any different? It's really not, it really only depends on who programs them.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Wasn't there an essay recently that made the case that robot armies violated Asimov's Three Laws? How is this any different? It's really not, it really only depends on who programs them.

I know!

Just thinking about the Corruption going on now is mind bending. If it all goes south, half the planet will be in trouble within the next 50 yrs.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

"They" are completely paranoid, hence the overly intrusive totalitarian surveillance systems "They" have in place. Lets face it through there is a lot to be paranoid about after all absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Generally however most of the population of the U.K could not give a rats arse as to who is watching them because ignorance is bliss.
edit on 27-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

True that..
Ignorance is bliss when people stop caring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join