It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds movie...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just took a look at the new trailer for hollywoods next "the aliens are coming" movie ... looks to be the same old same old- we'll see.

Is this "more priming" for aliens showing themselves soon? (personally i dont believe so) but I'm sure some of you do. Thoughts?

www.waroftheworlds.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just in case, you do know that this is a remake of War of the Worlds made way back, and that was a movie version of the amazing radio play. So it's really nothing new.

As for hollywood priming us. I agree with you that I doubt it. Studios just give the go ahead to movies that will hopefully be successful. Alien movies have done well, so they make more to make money. No conspiracy there.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
lol.... yes of coarse i know its a remake... if i didnt then i dont belong on this site!

But I agree with you. Just throwing out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hehe..yeah, I figured you knew, but there are probably some young people on here that have never heard of it before.

War of the Worlds? Records and record players? 8-track tapes? Doing dishes by hand? Reading? What are all these things?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Just took a look at the new trailer for hollywoods next "the aliens are coming" movie ... looks to be the same old same old- we'll see.

Is this "more priming" for aliens showing themselves soon? (personally i dont believe so) but I'm sure some of you do. Thoughts?

www.waroftheworlds.com...

Yes I know I saw it 2 months ago...
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy too....
why isnt this thread in movie section especially if you dont belive this is PRIMING as you say?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

As for hollywood priming us. I agree with you that I doubt it.

I wouldn't be so sure... If there really is such a group of filmakers tapped for this, and the evidence seems to show there is...then Speilberg is one of the numero uno candidates...

This goes way back to the 50's with an alleged cooperation between Disney and the govt, and then resurfaces again (with some of the same names mentioned) in the late 70's and 80's with the "Cosmic Journey" project, alluding to a disclosure of the Holloman AFB landing, etc.

Then of course, there's the rumored Reagan comment during the White House screening of ET...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You very well maybe right on this, but at this point I'm still not completely convinced.

BTW- What Regan comment are you referring to??

Lizzadsamok - Right now I'm skeptical about this, but that doesnt mean that a good point here or there can't persuade me otherwise. It's a subject that "the jury is still out on" ... this is why its posted here.

Hicthhikers Guide to the galaxy- CAN'T WAIT!!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Communism then terrorism then alien invasion........

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There are three versions of War of the Worlds in the works.

1) A 'True to the book version set in 1898 England, the proper location HG Wells set his novel in.
2) The version set in Modern USA starring Tom Cruise and directed by Stephen Spielberg.
3) A live action version of the 1978 rock musical version out in '06/'07

The Spielberg version is very faithful to the book:

Blood/ Guts, 100 foot tall tripedial battle machines, poison gas weapons, energy weapons which burn victims alive, the Martians look like intellegent octopi that suck out peoples entrails and fluids to feed on...

The Spielberg version has more in common with the horror of Alien and Jaws than ID4 i can assure you of that. The martians dont have shields or stuff like that. the reason the armies get defeated is the fact the martians are just simply so badass...

As a foot note i live in the town of Woking in England near London. The town the martians first attacked in the story and where Wells lived for 3 years. He also wrote The Time Machine here too.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Alien movies have done well, so they make more to make money. No conspiracy there.

Maybe an mass hypnosy for a star wars budget increase?

new topics

top topics

join