It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS: Podesta Says It’s OK for Illegals to Vote With Driver’s License….

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Another day, another picket in the Democrat Party criminal corruption fence...

John Podesta: I think Teddy’s idea scratches the itch, is pretty safe and uncomplicated. On the picture ID, the one thing I have thought of in that space is that if you show up on Election Day with a drivers license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in Federal elections.

Silly me, I thought under US Law a person had to be an actual citizen to vote...not just make a declaration to that effect - and if you make a false declaration and then vote, you are guilty of a felony.

And then there's this little factoid...

Almost half of California’s driver’s licenses went to illegal aliens last year.

Open Borders, Amnesty and Anybody (with or without a pulse) Can Vote

But...but Trump is...is...mean, and um...a racist, xenophobic, unhinged, conspiracy theorist.

A simple question. If Hillary doesn't agree with all of the nasty stuff (like this) that has been eminating from Podesta's keyboard (and those of his closest associates), why hasn't he been fired already?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How the hell do you get a driver license without being a citizen? Anytime I had to do the driver license thing I needed like 20 forms of proof of id. And I have always been a citizen of the us.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

in the dirtiest election I have ever seen, nothing should surprise us.

freedom of the press died when they all(media) became part of the DNC Hillary propaganda machine.

they covered up the e-mails by blaming Russia for a fixed primary by the DNC.

when president Clinton was facing impeachment, Hillary for months blamed the event on "a broad right wing conspiracy".
now it's the Russians, blame the messenger, ignore the message.
and that would mean that of the thousand workers on her campaign, not one patriotic American would put their country above working for this crooked organization.

these Hillary people are as sleazy as any political organization ever, don't be surprised at anything they do.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

strange the rest of the emails went on to reinforce its would be illegal ultimately. but that part is somehow, cleverly left out...

a Freudian slip i suppose. it happens.

vote Trump.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
How the hell do you get a driver license without being a citizen? Anytime I had to do the driver license thing I needed like 20 forms of proof of id. And I have always been a citizen of the us.

how many years ago was this pal?

but no, you dont need to be a citizen to be able to operate a motor vehicle.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

There are at least a dozen states and DC that give drivers licenses to illegals with no solid proof or verification of identity required.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Another day, another picket in the Democrat Party criminal corruption fence...

John Podesta: I think Teddy’s idea scratches the itch, is pretty safe and uncomplicated. On the picture ID, the one thing I have thought of in that space is that if you show up on Election Day with a drivers license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in Federal elections.

Silly me, I thought under US Law a person had to be an actual citizen to vote...not just make a declaration to that effect - and if you make a false declaration and then vote, you are guilty of a felony.

And then there's this little factoid...

Almost half of California’s driver’s licenses went to illegal aliens last year.

Open Borders, Amnesty and Anybody (with or without a pulse) Can Vote

But...but Trump is...is...mean, and um...a racist, xenophobic, unhinged, conspiracy theorist.

A simple question. If Hillary doesn't agree with all of the nasty stuff (like this) that has been eminating from Podesta's keyboard (and those of his closest associates), why hasn't he been fired already?

Nice find....not shocked. How many millions did HRC say we had in illegals here now on the debate just last night? That's a lot of votes right there...no wonder they pander to them....easy picking.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hillary fanboys say the Democratic Party is coasting to a win. Yeah, by resorting to dirty tricks like this one.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

11million I think.

Minus the non drivers and children that could still be a lot of votes.

First email that could be damning to Clinton in my opinion.

The "Saudi fund ISIS" email doesn't affect the election...
This truly could, especially with Trump's "rigged" synopsis he is bound to play on this big league.

Edit;
Applause for Greggers.
They owned this thread.
Great digging.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Fixed tags.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No, actually. One doesn't have to be a citizen to vote. And if you knew the facts, you wouldn't have had to post a thread on the subject.

Educate yourself on the subject. Do some Googling or something. Quit complaining about the amazing Democratic Party. Maybe recognise that it's the better of the two major parties. Maybe join us and come in for the big win; it's going to be a landslide.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Did any of you guys actually click through and read the entire email thread? I'm only about half way through it, but so far I don't see ANYTHING even remotely like what is being claimed in the thread title.

It is a thread discussing what is required to prove citizenship for voting purposes, not on getting illegals to vote illegally. Can you guys quote me the specific text you're going on about?

Because it's certainly not in the OP or in the Gateway Pundit article.

Come on guys...

This is why so few people take these leaks seriously.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's the email in a larger context.

Please indicate where in this exchange anyone mentions illegal aliens voting.

WIkileaks.
edit on 20-10-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Apparently "Wikleaks" is being deleted from the URL when I try to post this. Anyone know what is going on?
edit on 20-10-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Start at the bottom of the big thread and read upwards.

Clearly they are talking about how to get more people registered in light of restrictions that might make it difficult (specifically the voter ID law comes up).

So they appear to be saying, "Just tell people to bring their driver's license and let people know they are a citizen and have a right to vote in Federal Elections."

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good find! S&F. Open Borders and Drivers Licenses for all! One of these, ahem "New Arrivals" from south of the border, killed a motorcyclist in my town last week. She pulled out of Walmart and right into the poor guy. He had an American flag attached to the frame too. Not much was left beyond that. So sad.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Like I said, clearly they are NOT talking about getting illegals to vote.

Here is some more context on the conversation they are having:

Moving toward more universal voter registration has the potential not only to resolve persistent barriers that thwart voters but also to significantly expand the electorate. According to Census data, more than one in four voting-eligible Americans—more than 50 million people—are not registered to vote. Among those who are registered, roughly 70% vote in midterm and 85-90% in presidential elections. (Overall eligible citizen turnout rates are 40% in midterms and 60% in presidential elections.) Modernizing the voter registration system could add up to 50 million unregistered citizens to the rolls, cheaply, conveniently, and accurately. Once a citizen is registered, she can be courted and mobilized to vote. All that is required is a simple shift in paradigm to one in which the government takes responsibility to ensure that the voter rolls are complete and accurate, drawing on modern database technology and government agency contacts. Under a modern voter registration system, every eligible citizen who consents would be seamlessly registered to vote whenever interacting with a government agency and her information would be securely transmitted electronically to election officials; her registration record would be automatically kept up to date and would move with her; and she would have failsafe opportunities to register to vote or to update her registration both online and at the polls on Election Day. Each of these policy components is currently in place and working successfully in multiple states, but no state has them all.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Hillary fanboys say the Democratic Party is coasting to a win. Yeah, by resorting to dirty tricks like this one.

I'd say grabbing a quote out of context from an email hacked by a hostile foreign state and then misrepresenting it is a dirty trick as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To sum it up for everyone, the participants in that thread are having a conversation about how modernizing the voter registration system would prevent voterID laws from disenfranchising a significant number of legitimate voters.

However, one participant points out that it's not in line with their "core mission" right now to modernize the system (in other words, it's just not on the TO-DO list), so in lieu of that, voters can simply show up at the polls with a driver's license and a reminder that they are U.S. Citizens.

Finally, Benenson comes in with the final email and says it's not politically advantageous to hop on board that train.

At no point, anywhere, is there ANY discussion about getting illegals to vote illegally.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The prescription for voting was stated as:

show a drivers license that has your photo
state you are a citizen
vote

What part of reality do you naysayers not understand? Illegals can obtain drivers licenses and stating you are a citizen is not providing proof.

Hillary's prescription for illegals voting was laid out in plain sight but Hillbots shout where where I don't see it. LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The prescription for voting was stated as:

show a drivers license that has your photo
state you are a citizen
vote

Yep. Podesta suggested that LEGAL CITIZENS disenfranchised by local voterID laws could use those exact steps to vote.

At no point did he suggest ILLEGALS should do this.

Furthermore, Benenson came back and basically said it was a silly thing for them to advocate because most people don't perceive voter registration via the current system to be difficult, so why waste cycles on it?

But thanks for revealing yourself to be someone with no regard for the truth.

Hillary's prescription for illegals voting was laid out in plain sight but Hillbots shout where where I don't see it. LOL

I'm not a Hillbot. I think Hillary is unpleasant, unlikable, and only electable because she's running against Trump.

However, you must be a Tump-bot (or whatever they call you guys) because your line of reasoning is absolutely ridiculous.

Your guy is losing fair and square.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
However, you must be a Tump-bot (or whatever they call you guys)

Trumpster or Deplorable - take your pick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join