It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anywhere where we can discuss this website objectively?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have to watch exactly what I am saying as not to breech the T&Cs. I will not mention any persons [as this is not about anyone] and I will try and be as respectful as I would be to Kim Il Young in his own country.

I hope this thread is polite and will be left up. That would be great.

What is my gripe? Well, it isn't so much a gripe [ I have no gripes against ATS] as a question. Where can you objectively have your [very polite] say about the [always fair] conducts of this website?
If you say anything that may be construed as 'not nice' against ATS it gets [rightly so] deleted. However:

I wanted to question this or at least have a discussion, but there is nowhere to do so. I even looked on other websites [starting with 'r'] but there is no way you can post a meta on the /r/..... So there is nowhere to point out anything not so nice without consequences [rightly deserved I say].

I am here mostly for the people and their more often than not intelligent opinions.

As someone who grew up with east Germany within eyesight and a keen interest in N-Korean culture, I am glad that one country has it sorted and hope the other soon will.

So is there anywhere to really open your hart? Rant? Should be, that's why I am trying here. I hope I have not offended anyone and look forward to replies.

This website is glorious and I agree with all the T&Cs.

ATS is great in every way.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

As someone who grew up with east Germany within eyesight and a keen interest in N-Korean culture, I am glad that one country has it sorted and hope the other soon will.

Just wondering, sorted how?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Huh?!

If you're looking for a place to express hatred for ATS and love for North Korea, I doubt ATS is the place for it. I'm saying this with cold, honesty. ATS has flaws, but so far the administrators are open to suggestions about how to improve the site. I myself spoke quite a few times with the owner of the site, and he's a really hard workig, yet open kind of guy.

Not sure what your beef is?? Perhaps you could be more specific?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Freedom of "speech" is a wonderful thing lol. But like your saying it's not appropriate to be criticizing ppl in their own home. Personally I feel that it's good to make criticisms if it's well thought out, if it can add something. If the criticisms are overly negative then they generally at not very useful.

I say voice your opinion but carefully pick your battles

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Thank you so far. I agree that criticizing someone in their own home is not appropriate. Hence my careful choice of words. Unfortunately my mild discontent with some issues can not be discussed here. I tried. It is to me quite a great issue and if a mod would like to PM me I'd be very happy to discuss this.

I mentioned said countries only because they also 'worked' or 'work' just fine and indeed it was or is very inappropriate to not feel so nice about their leadership as there was/is no fault with those countries either.

I just feel that we should be able to discuss not so nice things about ATS [not that there are any] on here or somewhere else without being mildly told not to do so. Never have I been threatened with any injust consequences.

That's why ATS is glorious and right and beautiful. May it be around just like this for a long time.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Huh?!

If you're looking for a place to express hatred for ATS and love for North Korea, I doubt ATS is the place for it. I'm saying this with cold, honesty. ATS has flaws, but so far the administrators are open to suggestions about how to improve the site. I myself spoke quite a few times with the owner of the site, and he's a really hard workig, yet open kind of guy.

Not sure what your beef is?? Perhaps you could be more specific?

No, can't be more specific. Tried. That's the gripe. Which I don't have, because all is well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Did I understand you correctly, you think north Korea has it all figured out and is a great place?

If so I would love you to tell that to the people starving, the people with different ideological or religious beliefs that are literally dying trying to cross the DMZ.

Then again I could be wrong I'm just a stupid American....

Crim

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If you have an issue with ATS or with the staff of ATS, you can use the Complain button located in the top drop down menu.

This will make a "thread" in the staff area that all of ATS staff can see and read. This will get you the fastest response.

Other options include:

Sending a PM to either of the ATS owners (Springer or SkepticOverlord).

Sending a PM to any moderator or super moderator.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

No, can't be more specific. Tried. That's the gripe. Which I don't have, because all is well.

That's the "Gripe" ....... then you go on to say "Which i don't have", so you do or don't have a gripe?

You also say "we should be able to discuss not so nice things about ATS" and then say "not that there are any"

Sorry, I've lost the gist of the thread, is there a problem or not? PM me if need be to clarify and you don't want it posted in public, but really, i am confused by your OP

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Are you wanting to talk about unification with South Korea like East & West Germany?

There are lots of ways to approach a subject matter but you'll need to be a bit more forthcoming here.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What an odd thread. You obviously want to complain, but you won't be specific, so what you say is pretty useless.

I would think it would be obvious that you could talk to a mod about your complaints, but it appears that isn't what you want to do. It appears as though you want to complain so that everyone on ATS can read your complaints. But why is your goal to have everyone hear your complaints? No one else can do anything about it, other than the owners/administrators.

Very Odd.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You basically cannot open a thread on ATS that critically discusses the running or the general membership of ATS despite this not being laid out in the T&C's. I actually wrote a thread a few months ago about why i was getting a little fed up of this place it broke no T&C's yet was removed by staff. I sent a U2U to staff requesting they spesifically point out where in the T&C's i had breached but i never got a reply.

Conclusion: there is basically a unwritten rule on ATS that you cannot make disparaging remarks about the site regardless of how true or constructive they may be. It is the way of the ATS owners or no way atoll, shame really.....
edit on 20-10-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Am I honestly the only person that understands what the op is trying to say other than the mod up there? This is really kind of sad. Seems this election cycle has made everyone forget the meaning of the word sarcasm. Then again, maybe it's the Mandela effect. Or CERN. Or some other nonsense.

Please people. It's really not hard to not take everything literally. Re read with that in mind and you'll get it, I'm sure.

Edit: thank you so much for restoring a bit of my faith, OtherSide.
edit on 10/20/16 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
If you have an issue with ATS or with the staff of ATS, you can use the Complain button located in the top drop down menu.

This will make a "thread" in the staff area that all of ATS staff can see and read. This will get you the fastest response.

Other options include:

Sending a PM to either of the ATS owners (Springer or SkepticOverlord).

Sending a PM to any moderator or super moderator.

With the OP's question answered, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join