It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body of child saint that died 300 years ago appears to open eyes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Those corpses in churches were actual people once, and they are venerated because of how they lived their lives. None of those people are worshipped as God, or even gods- or even worshipped period. They are kept and venerated as people believed to be in Heaven with God.

How does a little girl become a "saint" doesn't she have to have done more then die?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Violater1
a visitor is filming the child saint where she lays in state.

Filmed using a potato....

Or a banana.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, do people actually believe that this 300 year old dead child's (why display it??!) eye 'opened' ?

And if so, what do these people think it means? Something divine? Im genuinely curious.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I second the mention of this being explained as a manipulation of lighting and shadow. I've read it before, quite a while ago, IIRC.

a reply to: intrptr
Lol, I like you & your brother XD

My husband's a former Roman Catholic, from a multi-generation line of them complete with the devout Italy-hailing Italian RC grandmother. Even HE calls it a death-obsessed, pseudo-pagan cult full of demi-gods. Catholics find out real quick he's not a miffed excommunicated, he'd nearly entered seminary school. Then had his pseudo-pagan epiphany and left the church when he realized how screwed up & laughable it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: apydomis
Those corpses in churches were actual people once, and they are venerated because of how they lived their lives. None of those people are worshipped as God, or even gods- or even worshipped period. They are kept and venerated as people believed to be in Heaven with God.

How does a little girl become a "saint" doesn't she have to have done more then die?

They link coincidences with them and say the dead is responsible for some miracle. Spontaneity and/or randomness are a concept not well received in the Catholic church.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Good for you and your husband.

Yah, the whole death cult thing. The 'crucifix' is a solemn reminder of how he was murdered. By the church. They carry it and wear it as their primary symbology. I prefer to remember how he lived, what he taught, how he died is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Violater1

All I'm seeing is a video lens coming into focus on a semi-open eye, where previously, it was blurry and dark.

I don't see an eye opening. But them, I also don't believe the laws of nature suspend themselves for the benefit of the religiously inclined.

I added the above video.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Get back to me when she starts dancing around and daring onlookers to give her an at-bat on a hopscotch course. The house always wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join