It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines anti-US protesters rammed by police van

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hate to see this but I suppose it is to be expected. There was a protest in front of the U.S. Embassy where the violence got out of hand. There was a police van that ended up ramming some of the protestors and at least three were taken to hospital. Duterte ended up saying:

Philippines police forces still act as running dogs of the US," he said, adding there was "no justification" for the police violence.

The Embassy was under attack so what were the police supposed to do ?... I can just imagine the Headline News if the U.S. Marines had opened fire once the protestors breached the compound; which they were intent on doing from most reports !

President Rodrigo Duterte was quoted before he left for his state visit to China that he was not going to even bring up the South China sea dispute with China's PM...

There are many Xpats living in the P.I. who are married to Philippine nationals and we even have a few members who occasionally post from there. Hope all are safe and things do not turn into a witch hunt for round eyes.

My personal opinion is most of Asia is leaning more and more to being buds with China because China comes bearing gifts to all in the form of infrastructure projects and joint ventures....instead of the buying of a few politicians this seems to be the new model for the hearts and minds of the governments .

Censorship, Chinese dissidents disappearing off the streets in S.E. Asia and sent to China, are among some of the things going on not to mention attitude changes at immigration control..

After watching the whole Syrian endeavor to overthrow Assad's government .... well it does not sit well with many people or governments..

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A lot of the area is turning away from China. India, Vietnam, and Malaysia are strengthening ties with the US, and even creating ties with Japan.

The Philippines makes me laugh. They don't want us there, but they are quick to grab military equipment we offer them, while saying they're going to buy from Russia and China. Personally, they don't want us there, then cut the embassy to the bare minimum and pull everyone else out.
edit on 10/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

the footage of this event is extremely disturbing, with people being run down, dragged underneath the van, ran over, etc. Just brutal... very sad.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.rt.com...
Cooperate and graduate ... The NWO folks we have had in Washington have managed to alienate and destroy the trust that had been built since WW2 ... Where some of this will end reminds me of some futuristic SF move where the world is basically sectioned off into three consortium's who are trading with each other, but always with the threat of some conflict just below the surface.

Beijing is considering giving the Philippines a slice of Scarborough Shoal – which China snatched in 2012 and wouldn’t share even after a Hague court ruling – sources revealed to Reuters.

In effect, China may give the Philippines conditional access to rich waters just northeast of the disputed Spratly Islands, according to two sources close to the Chinese leadership. The conditions have not been specified in detail – and probably won’t be until Presidents Rodrigo Duterte and Xi Jinping discuss this on Thursday in China.

“Everybody can go, but there will be conditions,” one of the sources told Reuters, meaning fishermen from both countries will be welcome to use the rich territories.

“The two countries would have to form working groups to iron out details,” the official added.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

if anyone should know about unjustified police brutality, its Duerte.

Philippines police forces still act as running dogs of the US," he said, adding there was "no justification" for the police violence.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A lot of the area is turning away from China. India, Vietnam, and Malaysia are strengthening ties with the US, and even creating ties with Japan.

The Philippines makes me laugh. They don't want us there, but they are quick to grab military equipment we offer them, while saying they're going to buy from Russia and China. Personally, they don't want us there, then cut the embassy to the bare minimum and pull everyone else out.

Really? India is siding with the U.S.?
India Signs With Russia and China
Informed much? As far as anti US sentiment, can you blame the protesters? My military intelligence officer connection, based in Afghanistan, no names, etc, as well as, my friend who served in Africa have all shed the light upon the dark deceptive practices of the us and it's no wonder the disenfranchised and least among us, are lashing out as they are. For the police to mow down defenseless protestors, aggressors, or whatever you want to call them, are only doing what they are told. It's incredibly unfortunate but there's so much being put on the scales at this moment that it's surprising they haven't fully toppled. If you haven't awoken as of yet, chances are it's just too late.
edit on 19-10-2016 by SeeReeS because: too soon

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As an American with family from the Philippines I have to say it would be a very deadly mistake if Duterte kick the US out of the country. Without the US, China would have made Philippines its colony.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Are you sure they weren't RUSSIANS driving that van??

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SeeReeS

Oh let's see, they are looking at buying F-16s or F-18s, they're buying Chinook and Apache helicopters, P-8 Poseidons, and more, they're working hand in hand with the US Navy to develop new technologies, including nuclear reactors for an indigenous designed aircraft carrier they're working on.

Informed much?
edit on 10/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The alienation hasn't been all one sided.

top topics

join