It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT: NatWest to close Russian channel's UK bank accounts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan tweeted: "They've closed our accounts in Britain. All our accounts. 'The decision is not subject to review.' Praise be to freedom of speech!"

The bank said the decision was "not taken lightly" and that the accounts were "still operative" at present.

An MP from Russia's ruling party has said its parliament will demand an explanation from the UK.

RT says the entire Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Group, of which NatWest is part, is refusing to provide its services.

RT: NatWest to close Russian channel's UK bank accounts

The entire Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Group, of which NatWest is part of, is now denying it's services to the Russian state-run broadcaster RT. I have got to wonder if any particular news story caused this, or if this is the newest of many actions that western nations are now taking to sanction Russia. According to RT chief Ms Simonyan, the closure includes the personal accounts of some senior staff of the Russian state-run news station.

Even though the accounts are still open, it seems that NatWest gave a month advance to RT, and some of it's senior staff that their accounts will be closed.

The UK broadcasting regulator, Ofcom, has criticized an RT program in which the news agency claimed the BBC had staged a weapons chemical attack for a news report on Syria. Ofcom apparently found RT in breach of OFcom regulations, and in the past OFcom has accused RT of biased reporting. Kind of weird for Ofcom to say this, as if the BBC didn't have a bias themselves.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is it me or is it insane that the West is denying free press and free speech to Russia?

I don't know if the U.K. and Europe have the same protections of free speech that we do in the U.S. Frankly, I have seen a lot of examples of certain thoughts and ideas being declared illegal in Europe and it scares the hell out of me.

I always have thought the U.K. is way better about almost everything compared to Europe. Brexit simply reinforced what I believed about our friends the Brits.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

There was a thread here recently about Russia throwing the Rothschilds out of their country. Of course it was criticized as bull# but the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Is it me or is it insane that the West is denying free press and free speech to Russia?

I don't know if the U.K. and Europe have the same protections of free speech that we do in the U.S. Frankly, I have seen a lot of examples of certain thoughts and ideas being declared illegal in Europe and it scares the hell out of me.

I always have thought the U.K. is way better about almost everything compared to Europe. Brexit simply reinforced what I believed about our friends the Brits.

They aren't denying them anything if we are being fair here

They will just have to find another bank....

Side note. Most Trump supporters were avid anti -RT nees before the election cycle

I find it odd that so many now are proponents of them now and of Russia...... odd that
edit on 10/18/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I support Trump and have been watching RT for years. I'm in the UK and it's about the only decent news channel on television. Al Jazeera isn't bad either. Does that make me a traitor?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

i have used RT as a source several times in the past. I don't trust Putin 100%, just like I don't trust most politicians. IMO Putin is still entrenched in his old Kremlin/mother Russia ways, but from time to time there are things he says, and evidence he presents that is worth of notice.
edit on 18-10-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I don't view Putin as a communist. I view him as a visionary. I know for a fact he isn't 'clean' but I know he loves his country and I admire that. If all our leaders thought like that, the world be a more peaceful place. Our western politicians don't give a sh1it about us.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I support Trump and have been watching RT for years. I'm in the UK and it's about the only decent news channel on television. Al Jazeera isn't bad either. Does that make me a traitor?

Lol no not at all. Was just simple observation I've seen over the years.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
TPTB for US-UK-Israel want their little horny antiChrist to be placed into power in Jerusalem.

The rest of the world like BRICS want freedom from the NWO dictatorship.

So even though UK peasants thought wisely and got the Brexit, TPTB 'Brown-shirts' have the money and authority to impose their rules on those who are against the NWO.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

i have used RT as a source several times in the past. I don't trust Putin 100%, just like I don't trust most politicians. IMO Putin is still entrenched in his old Kremlin/mother Russia ways, but from time to time there are things he says, and evidence he presents that is worth of notice.

Totally agree

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
TPTB for US-UK-Israel want their little horny antiChrist to be placed into power in Jerusalem.

So even though UK peasants thought wisely and got the Brexit, TPTB 'Brown-shirts' have the money and authority to impose their rules on those who are against the NWO.

That's an odd thing to say......if that's the case then why do this to Russia

Their country is one of the most hard lines for old school Christianity and Catholicism ....like hard line

Your accusation doesn't hold much water considering the Russian gov and People Putin would
Love nothing more than the whole of the world to all be converted to the native mother Russia's brand of religion

Look up putin and his advisor Aleksandr Dugin dudes got Putins ear and is scary as hell when it comes to religion

Might wana calm down and breathe a bit before you go all Religious zealot on us

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Methinks you have a bit of work to do. China is a one party dictatorship and Russia is anti-democratic and authoritarian. Both countries have low level of state freedom. These countries don't want freedom.

It's good to build the BRICS up, but all they are is developing nations with very little in common. India's the world's biggest democracy, while China is the world's biggest dictatorship. Half of the population of India do not have toilets, while half of Brazilians are terrorised by drugs gangs.

What is the oft-cited, but never articulated NWO anyway? Some people think China is the NWO, while others think it's the Jews.

Anyway, this discussion has been posted elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
That's an odd thing to say......if that's the case then why do this to Russia

Their country is one of the most hard lines for old school Christianity and Catholicism ....like hard line

Your accusation doesn't hold much water considering the Russian gov and People Putin would
Love nothing more than the whole of the world to all be converted to the native mother Russia's brand of religion

Look up putin and his advisor Aleksandr Dugin dudes got Putins ear and is scary as hell when it comes to religion

Russia has certain 'unique' assets that the West does not have.

Its a classic Divide and Conquer regime. Baal, who got invited into UK on April 19th 2016 at Trafalgar Square got kicked out by the peasants with Brexit.

Then Baal (god of war) goes to USA and did not get kicked out by Americans after the portal summoning on Sept 19th 2016.

Look at the war rhetoric with Russia that has happened since that date. Baal in the form of Yahweh is on Russia's side and Baal in the form of Allah is on America's side. Classic puppet manipulation. And the people believe their god is the best.

Baal is Yahweh for Jews and Allah for Muslims and is having lots of fun making his (prophet) Albert Pike, final war between Islam and Christianity move onto the Grand World Stage.

"Religious zealot"
TPTB want their little antiChrist to ram the Mark of the Beast down everyone's throat. Note how many talking heads are saying cash is bad and a cashless society is the way forward.

Even Pope and Queen Elizabeth stated that Christmas 2015 would be the final Christmas so you will not have to wait long to see the big event during November.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Russia has certain 'unique' assets that the West does not have.

Like, what?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Like, what?

Just wait and watch. Before this year is over, many fools will know and perish when they find out the hard way.

Lets just say - its not mechanical but spiritual, causing every human that confronts (it / them) to die on the spot.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

There was a thread here recently about Russia throwing the Rothschilds out of their country. Of course it was criticized as bull# but the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

I think this is a valid point worth further exploration. It aligns with a lot of the things happening right now in the west. Much of the news of Russia's recent WW3-related activities is being brushed off and a new sweep of anti-Russian propaganda seems to be occurring such as the Cyber attack plan. The more I understand about the situation, the more that seems connected to the Rothschild rebuking.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Possibly however there have been calls for sanctions on Russia over Aleppo however no discussions by any nations have occurred on the topic.

I think its related to something else aside from Syria or Ukraine sanctions.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Side note. Most Trump supporters were avid anti -RT nees before the election cycle

I find it odd that so many now are proponents of them now and of Russia...... odd that

where did you dream this up from? Nothing supports your statement.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

where did you dream this up from? Nothing supports your statement.

You should probably look up the old threads from before Donald's announcement, about Russia and ISIS and how the Trump supporters. A lot of them. Hated RT because it was "Russian state sponsored propaganda machine"

A lot supports it actually

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join