It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Of Warfare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I know sixteen year olds that hack into the Los Alamos Nuclear Lab on a monthly basis. To, "hack" isn't all that hard and could be done, but using EM weapons would be the best way to render the "robots" useless...

Well, I wonder how much they could accomplish by hacking there, except to perhaps speed up the obvious nuclear proliferation that's happening globally.

Hacking is all about the power of leverage. If a single human can understand the buggy nature of the world's electronic equipment, he can bind that equipment and turn it. It's all about which nation holds the best MINDS. This is done through ideology --I.E. the most moral nation always wins, regardless of the size of its population because the brains will go there whenever the world itself is at stake. This also includes the isolated hacker.

Unfortunately, the ease with which the really important weapons will be hacked (which is the issue at hand, i believe) is quite frightening.

The non-affiliated hacker would probably concentrate on ballistic submarine affectation, particularly those of nations which are (1) nuclear-tip capable or clandestinely so, (2) wealthy enough to afford submarine technology, and (3) NOT wealthy enough to afford recent submarine technology or hard encryption. If they get their subs second-hand, the comm equipment is likely to be vulnerable in some way. If you could control one nuclear-armed sub, the world would be yours. The money could be wired to an account at the bank down the street. Two identities later you are gone. You would only have to hold the control for fifteen minutes of flight time. Once you blew one up over a city, (just high enough to get people's attention and give them a suntan, not destroy them, if you please) your demands would be met.

This is why the naval command structure of the US is so critically important. When I read famed-hacker Kevin Mitnick's book, I was not surprised by how much of his so-called "hacking" was actually just simple human-manipulation. If you want to blow your mind, follow it with Robert Cialdini's book, "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion". Then watch Crimson Tide a few dozen times. "Hacking" humans is much more effective than hacking electronics.

This robot crap distracts us from our real wounds, as a species. We are hemmorraging stupidity from our body and it will be fatal. This terminator crap is symptomatic of that, I believe.

Details: www.fas.org...

According to some accounts India plans to have as many as five nuclear submarines capable of carrying missiles with nuclear warheads. The Indian nuclear powered attack submarine design is said to have a 4,000-ton displacement and a single-shaft nuclear power plant of Indian origin. Once the vessel is completed, it may be equipped with Danush/Sagarika cruise missiles and an advanced sonar system. However, according to some analysts the most probable missile for the Indian submarine would be the Yahont anti-ship cruise missile designed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya.

Also:

Al-Quaida Nukes? www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-1-2005 by smallpeeps]

[edit on 29-1-2005 by smallpeeps]

<< 1   >>

join