It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Podesta and Left-Wing Activist Plot ‘Catholic Spring’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Man...the Democrat Party slop just keeps getting deeper and deeper. The Arab Spring was not enough of a global disruptor apparently, Podesta and the Democrat brain trust have been planting the seeds for a Catholic Spring.

A newly leaked email shows Hillary Clinton’s current campaign chairman John Podesta and a Left-wing activist casually discussing fomenting “revolution” in the Catholic Church. “There needs to be a Catholic Spring, in which Catholics themselves demand the end of a middle ages dictatorship and the beginning of a little democracy and respect for gender equality in the Catholic Church,” Sandy Newman, president and founder of the progressive nonprofit Voices for Progress, writes to Podesta in an email titled “opening for a Catholic Spring? just musing.”

In response, Podesta assures Newman to rest easy for he and his progressive pals have already created organizations explicitly designed to infiltrate the Catholic Church with progressive ideology, though he cautions that the time may not be right for full revolution — just yet.

We created Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good to organize for a moment like this. But I think it lacks the leadership to do so now. Likewise Catholics United. Like most Spring movements, I think this one will have to be bottom up,” Podesta writes.

Hillary's Man Plots to Destabalize the Catholic Church

So...all of you loyal Democrat Catholics - including the majority of Hispanic voters, who Clinton expects to blindly pull the lever for her - make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into, if you vote to continue the reign of this ever-more-left "progressive" party.

John F. Kennedy must be spinning in his grave!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I'm a liberal and a Catholic (more out of tradition than anything else) and I 100% agree with this.

There does need to be a movement in the Catholic church to get it out of the dark ages. Women should be able to be priests, plain and simple.

Can you tell me why this is an issue?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Because its a mens club. Women have to go hide in nunneries and repent forever.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Um, how about because it's asking a religious group to abandon it's values for little more than a getting a presidential candidate elected? Maybe she could just give them guns?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Women should be able to be priests, plain and simple.

Why?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If their goal is righteous in intent, they forgot to mention Freemasons (if this is some genuine womens rights motive). Hell they HQ is but walking distance from the White House. Shouldn't be too hard to get over there, sit down for a pow wow. See if they might gain some valuable lessons for taking on the big show.

Or maybe this is just more Social Group Warfare (SGW) Agenda (Divide & Conquer) stuff.

Instead of take them head on (you know, diplomacy) they "need" to get masses of people around the globe at 'war' with 'themselves' via sneaky slithering means.

The Freemason's bit wasn't meant to become 'the topic' here, it was meant to illustrate the charade this all likely is.
edit on 12-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'm a liberal and a Catholic (more out of tradition than anything else) and I 100% agree with this.

There does need to be a movement in the Catholic church to get it out of the dark ages. Women should be able to be priests, plain and simple.

Perhaps we can begin with the idea of the separation of Church and State...

Should the State be setting up institutions designed to infiltrate and disrupt religious organizations...to further their own political agendas?

I think not.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So a religion can be changed whenever? Hummm, seems to diminish the legitimacy of the religion....

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

So a religion can be changed whenever? Hummm, seems to diminish the legitimacy of the religion....

That's their whole point.

They want to poke and prod and intimidate and piss and moan until they get their way, and then instead of praising the religion for "embracing social progress", they'll wave their pudgy little fingers at it and accuse it of being false for changing it's doctrine.

None of this has anything to do with "equality". It's about destroying the legitimacy of any institution rivaling the authority of the state.
edit on 10/12/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't see a problem. I actually see this like a great test of faith. Besides that, if Podesta thinks he can change the church, he has to go through God's approval or fail attempting all that.

I wonder if this is predicted in the bible.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Funny.

Usually, the separation of church and state that so many scream about is the church influencing policy.

I guess it's okay for the "state" to influence church doctrine now.

I always thought that some political ideologies were more religious in nature.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Women should be able to be priests, plain and simple.

Why would you want your women plain and simple?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I don't see a problem. I actually see this like a great test of faith. Besides that, if Podesta thinks he can change the church, he has to go through God's approval or fail attempting all that.

"Go through God's approval" - you mean bribe the Pope?
Didn't Mussolini get away with that?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh my god, two people have opinions about the Catholic Church.

Alert the Pope.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Alert the Pope.

Yup, that's what it is...just two average Joe's having an idle conversation about Sunday School.

When the lights finally come on for you...if it's not too late...the reality of who Hillary really is (and her Networks) is going to be really quite blinding.

But perhaps this is not giving you enough credit. Just as likely is the possibility that you understand quite clearly what is really going on, and you support Hillary wholeheartedly...and the direction she wants to take the Country and the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Save the crap about the fact that you think you understand the world and I don't. That's really just grade-school level discussion.

Tell me, has the Catholic Church torn itself apart? Has there been a "Catholic Spring" or even a "Catholic Rain Sprinkle"?

No?

Exactly.

(I'm not really shy about my politics, and I'm on the record about why I'm voting the way I'm voting, and again, pointing out the ridiculous lies of the right-wing is not supporting or defending Hillary Clinton, so you can stop telling that lie as well.)
edit on 12-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Trueman

"Go through God's approval" - you mean bribe the Pope?
Didn't Mussolini get away with that?

That's what he thought but we all know how he ended up.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Perhaps we can begin with the idea of the separation of Church and State...

Should the State be setting up institutions designed to infiltrate and disrupt religious organizations...to further their own political agendas?

I think not.

Totally unconstitutional.

These traitors assaults on the Constitution are reckless and dangerous.

Separation of Church and State......not observed by team Hillary.

Then they openly discuss among themselves comparing their planned anti Catholic assault to the Arab Spring, which was violent bloodshed. They are psychotic and do not deserve to be anywhere near power.

Those unconstitutional named organizations that they clandestinely created need to be investigated and dismantled. Imagine if someone proposed an Islamic Spring in the US and admitted to creating agencies to infiltrate American mosques to attack their religion forcing them into government imposed reforms. Do the thought experiment, liberal outrage would spill out in the streets.

This is another ton of bricks added to the sinking Hillary ship.

edit on 12-10-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Alert the Pope.

I wonder what the Pope thinks of their already in motion planned assault on Catholicism. He cannot be too happy with their now leaked ongoing attempt to usurp his authority over his Church.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Alert the Pope.

You didnt read everything , did ya ? Seems like Clinton and Podesta are setting up to bring in their version of the Catholic Church. I cant even imagine that one. Who would be the next Pope ? Bill ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join