It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homecooked meal for cats backfired

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
It´s not about the quality of the ingredients. It´s the same with dog food, do you actually know what you feed your cats? Especially for dry food. My dod had it´s spleen removed because she impaled herself on a tree lodge in the woods. Because of that she´s not able to filter her blood. He(the vet) gave me the advice to feed raw meat supplemented with algae and a book then she would have a chance. We did blood samples quarter yearly and she detoxed for a whole year until her values were going green. Her belly was pitch black. When this happened, she was a 9 year old sheepherd, she´s now turning 15.

At first, she also turned away but then I guess she quickly realized it´s much better for her, because at the third or fourth day, she couldn´t wait to get to the bowl. She will not touch dry food anymore. It´s the sugar that keeps them sort of adicted, it´s a known fact, if you like it or not.

What are you gonna do?

Nothing, I was just giving you insight. Nontheless, it´s the sugar... Believe me or not. You think I´m talking down on you? No, I was trying to give you a good advice. I know it´s much more convenient to just rip open a bag or a can then to mess with raw meat and inform yourself what your animal actually eats in nature. Dry food and canned pet food is only a recent invention. Would you give your children processed food only, if you have one? I guess not. Think about it.
edit on 11-10-2016 by verschickter because: clarification who "he" is.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

This seems very sound i agree and as OP stated, mixing new and familier foods helps the cats adjust.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join