It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Stop Terrorism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
history shows the only way to stop terrorism is to give the terrorists what they want.
the ira, suffragettes, mandela being examples.

LOL You consider Mandela a terrorist? The entire Apartheid system was terrorism against roughly 80% of their population (90% if you include the Multiracial "Cape Coloreds", Indian immigrants, and others). Mandela was more of a freedom fighter than America's "founding Fathers", who were almost exclusively rich while many being actual slaveowners.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Blah blah blah. There are numerous Western & Asian wars and invasions that have killed more people than Muslims have in the entire "War on Terror". Less than 3,000 people were killed in 9/11, so we killed more than 80,000 Afghan civilians in return. Iraq did nothing to us yet we killed several hundred thousand civilians in our occupation. Vietnam's on the other side of the planet, but that didn't stop us from killing millions of people in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos during the Vietnam War/2nd Indochina War.

WW1 barely had any Muslims involved statistically, and that didn't stop the Christian-majority West and Buddhist-Shinto Japanese from killing 10s of millions of people. And the Chinese have had numerous wars that have killed into the millions of their own people (not to mention the murderous Opium Wars that the West waged on China).

People will always find reasons to kill each other in mass. Acting like Muslims are different in that regards is laughable, especially considering the atrocities committed by other religions right here in America. Or are we supposed to forget about the Native American genocide and the bounties that the American and Mexican govts had for Native American scalps? Or the lynching postcards sent out in the good ole days before the Civil Rights Movement?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No other religion crafts extremism on a grand scale but Muslims. Beheadings, killing gays, killing adulterers. Calling anyone else who is not Muslim infidels, treating woman like trash. Then their reward of all these virgins. Ok, what about the women, do they get all these virgin men as well. I don't think so. A woman can't even travel by herself for more than a couple of days from what I have read. That is one messed up religion. No wonder they have so many problems. They also do not gel into western culture. A guy at work wanted to take 30 days off to do his Mecca cannon ball run. Yeah, my boss laughed. Nobody in the US gets 30 days of leave time consecutive. Then he asked for some special meal for the family day and never showed up. Insane. That is not going to work with US culture.

Yes, Muslims were not a concern when they wrote the first amendment. Now, instead of sticks and rocks, they have bombs. Need to get this outdated travesty of an amendment removed from the constitution.

Which is ironic since the African Muslim Kingdom of Morocco was the first country to recognize the US of America's independence.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: underwerks

It's the value system. Muslims do no respect the values of others equally in their countries. This is what happens in theocracies. If you are not of that faith you are treated less than equal. Same with Jews. All theocracies should be crushed. Not the religion, just the governments that bow down to one religion. We need a world effort to rid this planet of theocracies.

I agree with what you said about theocracies, but I think the first statement is using a broad brush to paint all Muslims as the radical kind. I think when it comes to things like stoning and honor killings it's more of a regional tribal thing than indicative of an attitude shared by a majority of Muslims.

I don't see all Christians as Westboro Baptist and I don't see all Muslims as terrorists. The people that benefit from the spreading of fear count on broad brushing.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A president that does not read??? The mind simply boggles!

Tell you this if he did win, which i don't think he will now, he would be no match for Putin.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Is it really "fear", or is it (as I feel), unimaginable ANGER? Anger towards any idealogy that openly promotes and condones rape, pedophilia, incest, murder, lying, theft, genocide, engaging in any devient behavior imaginable, misogyny and revering death over life, and then, adding major insult to injury, has its followers mistakenly THINKING they are far superior to the rest of the world's citizens in these beliefs. The final goal and demand being for the entire world to bow down and accept or...die. As these are innate and polar opposites of how I was raised and of the beliefs instilled in me...it baffles me as to how anyone in their right mind could accept, let alone actually condone, a "religion" whose tenents and demands in one way ties its believer's hands in monstrous ways should they desire to follow a different path, and then demand that they give up their life BY following it. ANY way I look at it, from ANY angle...I could never reconcile what it stands for or apply it to my life, in my world. So, yes AGAIN, I would have to label my thoughts and feelings as unmitigated, unflinching, justifiable A N G E R.

It's sad that one is met with such indecision about whether or not to even feel some kind of compassion and/or desire to help them because of the actions of what amounts to basically a few. Who's truthful, trustworthy, not looking at blowing someone UP or blowing someone AWAY while in the guise of being a "good" person?! How the heck does one tell? It's a sad, sad world we live in these days....
edit on 10-10-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Is it really "fear", or is it (as I feel), unimaginable ANGER? Anger towards any idealogy that openly promotes and condones rape, pedophilia, incest, murder, lying, theft, genocide, engaging in any devient behavior imaginable, misogyny and revering death over life, and then, adding major insult to injury, has its followers mistakenly THINKING they are far superior to the rest of the world's citizens in these beliefs. The final goal and demand being for the entire world to bow down and accept or...die. As these are innate and polar opposites of how I was raised and of the beliefs instilled in me...it baffles me as to how anyone in their right mind could accept, let alone actually condone, a "religion" whose tenants and demands in one way ties it's believer's hands in monstrous ways should they desire to follow a different path, and then demand that they give up their life BY following it. ANY way I look at it, from ANY angle...I could never reconcile what it stands for or apply it to my life, in my world. So, yes AGAIN, I would have to label my thoughts and feelings as unmitigated, unflinching, justifiable A N G E R.

It's sad that one is met with such indecision about whether or not to even feel some kind of compassion and/or desire to help them because of the actions of what amounts to basically a few. Who's truthful, trustworthy, not looking at blowing someone UP or blowing someone AWAY while in the guise of being a "good" person?! How the heck does one tell? It's a sad, sad world we live in these days....

I don't think anyone in their right mind would condone any of those things you listed, especially the majority of the followers of Islam. Anymore than the majority of Christians would condone people literally following what the Old Testament tells you.

How does one know anyone is trustworthy, not looking to blow you up or otherwise harm you? That isn't an Islamic problem, that's a human problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What happens if and when these trained, armed, pedophiles, murderers and rapists manage to subdue ISIS?

How would we go about attempting to put that Jinn back in the bottle?

They are ISIS, Al-CIA-da, Al Nusra, et al.

Now that they are trained , equipped and really really dangerous, they can never be allowed out of the country. They will be exterminated in the end whether they win or not.

The worst case scenario (for NATO) is they get driven from their strong hold in Allepo by the Syrian and Russian military and flee North to Turkey, hoping they will find sanctuary there. They will never be allowed to exfiltrate.

Waaay to rabid.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

stop buying news papers

stop watching the 6 oclock news

it's all lies

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Want to stop terrorism?

Simple.

Stop being terrorized.

So your plan is to ignore bullies?
That never works, ya really do have to punch 'em in the nose.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
How to stop terrorism? Stop paying taxes!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

What's happening in Syria is not a lie hence the influx of refugees and the stories of atrocity they carry with them.

What happened in Paris was not a lie same with the Boston bombing or the rest of the terrorist acts that have taken place.

The lie is the fact that we are responsible for the inception of groups such as ISIS and there like. Its all part of "There" agenda to remove our basic freedoms under the guise of maintaining our security and way of life.

So its not all lies, more like half truths and smoke and mirrors.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
spam removed by admin
edit on Oct 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As to your other comment, pesky thing this constitution, huh?

SARCASM! Making fun of the Second amendment haters "we don't have muskets anymore".

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

As to your other comment, pesky thing this constitution, huh?

SARCASM! Making fun of the Second amendment haters "we don't have muskets anymore".

Sorry about that. Sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate well online

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Though it may not be the majority, I don't care for the thought that even one more American life would be sacrificed simply for the sake of those who DO subscribe to those concepts and that it's not morally PC for us to take extreme precautions to protect our soil and citizens...now and for possible consequences in not doing so for the future. History already stands in testimony for supporting the utmost in caution being stringently implemented to protect everyone who values their personal freedoms.

And yes, it is an Islamic AND human problem because THAT'S what and who is pretty much most relevant and of concern these days. Between not having even a minimally good candidate for the highest office in our land, let alone world leader, and existing problems that already have us spread thin...why drop the mother of all problems on top of that? But, hey...that's life. Right? I wish I had the answer, or just "an" answer. Even a clue would be nice. All I know is that situations can only be shoved up against a wall for so long before they destroy everything in the path of the resulting explosion.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Though it may not be the majority, I don't care for the thought that even one more American life would be sacrificed simply for the sake of those who DO subscribe to those concepts and that it's not morally PC for us to take extreme precautions to protect our soil and citizens...now and for possible consequences in not doing so for the future. History already stands in testimony for supporting the utmost in caution being stringently implemented to protect everyone who values their personal freedoms.

And yes, it is an Islamic AND human problem because THAT'S what and who is pretty much most relevant and of concern these days. Between not having even a minimally good candidate for the highest office in our land, let alone world leader, and existing problems that already have us spread thin...why drop the mother of all problems on top of that? But, hey...that's life. Right? I wish I had the answer, or just "an" answer. Even a clue would be nice. All I know is that situations can only be shoved up against a wall for so long before they destroy everything in the path of the resulting explosion.

That's the thing. We have to start somewhere. In the end, all we really have control over are our own thoughts and actions and as long as we are able to consciously realize we're being played we can change. When it comes to creeping authoritarianism I'm more worried about our own government than any followers of Islam.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep nibbling around the edges with this terrorist "problem"?

You simply tell the terrorist world that if they attack, and are identified, their loved ones will be punished.

It's a no-brainer...IF they have "loved ones", of course.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join