It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police use military helicopter to seize one cannabis plant from 81yo patient

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

they must have had to practically land in her yard just to see one measly plant.

Not necessarily. IR signature and whatnot. So I hear.

And they're getting funding for this.
Yeah. But the times they are a changin'.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hopefully someone was disciplined for wasting pubilc taxpayer dollars....this is a fiscal issue which has been weakening America since Nancy Reagan......trillions have been spent and nothing accomplished execpt massive Federal expenditures and employment... what better way to cripple the USA than to keep them running in circles .....the war on drugs was like telling the American People to go tinkle in the corner in a round room.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: trollz

How is it that they knew she had the plant in the first damn place? What...are they doing flyovers looking for ganja in people's yards or something? Wtf???

they do those kinds of fly overs in my neck of the woods all the time. they look for the heat the plant puts off because its usually hotter than any other plants around it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

they must have had to practically land in her yard just to see one measly plant.

IR won't detect the plant, its thermal that does.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Not to be nit-picky but they are the same thing.

www.FLIR.Com

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey. You guys are all making fun of this but it's serious. Weed is a known gateway drug. Next thing you know she'll be popping Doane's Pills and slaking Geritol.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Get a grip on reality... Gateway drug my a$$. Way to push the propaganda.have you ever tried this non addictive, non overdosing, and relatively safe drug for yourselve?

Do you think alcohol should be legal?

To add to the OP, I see these choppers all the time. I'm not even joking that I flip them off every single time.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Cannabis also grows in a distinctive 'pyramid' shape when seen from above. Years ago in California growers would trim the plants to disguise the tell-tale shape and make them look different to helicopters.

The plants are pretty easy to spot from the air, especially with the lenses around these days.

What a bloody waste of taxpayers money though. These bastards need to find something productive to do and start minding their own business. Whoever signed off on this travesty of an operation should be answerable for this nonsense. A blatant violation of peoples rights on so many levels.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
first they have been spotting grows from the air for years all over the country. there are several states that they do it quite heavily,four that come to mind are California, Florida, Kentucky, Hawaii.

for those that want to say that they spot it useing flir, that is not quite true, here are several links i pulled up real quick.

although from Canada basically the same as in the states

After the last frost in the spring the plants are moved from the clandestine labs to fields to take advantage of the maximum available sunshine. They may be planted within areas of other crops, such as cut-outs in corn fields, or in wooded areas. They may even be in their own fields in plain view. In many cases they are planted with other crops covertly, without the knowledge of the farmer or landowner. Once the plants are harvested in the fall, usually after the first frost, they are cut, hung to dry, trimmed and bagged before being sold locally on the streets or exported to the USA. Detective Dobler showed many aerial photos taken during OPP helicopter drug operations illustrating what the plants look like from the air and how they are often hidden. In particular the plants have a very bright and shiny green colour in the fall when they are mature. They stand out from other crops in the fields and are very easy to spot.
Spotting marijuana from the air

Pilots and students fly deep into the forests and try to find marijuana gardens that Noe and members of COMMET have already identified. Noe said marijuana gardens can be recognized from the air because they are a different color than forest undergrowth and the plants are laid out in an ordered fashion.Because of their size, Noe said he had seen gardens as large as half a mile across; pilots can often identify them from as high as 500 or 600 feet. Noe said it is actually easier to recognize marijuana gardens from higher up because it gives officers a fuller view of the area. "The lower you fly, the harder it is to see it," Noe said.
Aerial School on MJ Teaches How To Spot Plants

and here is some of the best info ever, the guy was a former cop in texas and was one of the top drug enforcement officers.

Cooper began his law enforcement career with the Gladewater Police Department as a police dispatcher. He was later hired by the Big Sandy Police Department as an interdiction officer in East Texas and trained his own narcotic detection dog. According to his former West Texas Drug Taskforce boss, Barry Cooper was “probably the best narcotics officer in the state and maybe the country.” [2]

Barry Cooper (lecturer)

here is his video, watch the first 30 mins, he talks about flir at the 13:15 notice he never says they use it to look for outdoor grows.

now they may have changed the way they use flir, but back in the day they did it just like he said, take it from a born and raised floridia boy that may have played the game.

edit on 8-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

www.FLIR.Com

Not to be nit-picky but here is something for you to chew on that explains the difference between IR and Thermal. physics.stackexchange.com... if they were the same thing, they wouldn't have different names.

and whats with the thumbs up?
edit on 8/10/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Hey. You guys are all making fun of this but it's serious. Weed is a known gateway drug. Next thing you know she'll be popping Doane's Pills and slaking Geritol.

Here's a pill for your ignorance, get lots of rest and call me in the morning! www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
here is another video about barry.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

www.FLIR.Com

Not to be nit-picky but here is something for you to chew on that explains the difference between IR and Thermal. physics.stackexchange.com... if they were the same thing, they wouldn't have different names.

and whats with the thumbs up?

Did you read the link? In normal temperatures the thermal radiation emits the same wavelength as the ir radiation. Hence they are the same. But technically you are correct.

The thumbs up is so I don't start an argument.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

FLIR is used to detect indoor grows since the lights emit alot of heat.

I have heard about the easiness of seeing marijuana in the fall from the air before too. It makes sense because everything else is turning red, orange or yellow while cannabis stays a lighter green color (sometimes it turns purple or red or bluish).

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

that is what i was saying.
although i've been told that they now are trying filters on the cameras that makes the green easier to see.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a way to spin an article, they make it sound like they sent out all these people JUST for her. I always enjoy seeing how people will soak up BS if it aligns to what they want to hear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join