It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is true love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
True love is...

Saying you are sorry even when you are not.

Going to the store at 2 in the morn for lady products.

Telling her she is beautiful on her worst day.

Doing house chores without being asked.

Letting the In Law windbag stay for 3 weeks.

Doing something special for no reason.

Going to the art gallery on NFL day.

Agreeing to let her drive on a road trip.

Allowing her to decide on where to eat.

Sharing your French fries when she said she didn't want any.

Watching her favorite soap opera.

Not forgetting your anniversary or her birthday.

Following her directions even when they are wrong.

Never telling her she is wrong.

We all have our own ideas about what true love is, these are just some of mine. I am sure some of you have your own to share, do tell.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth
true love is..

the sturdy recoil of a high powered,

having no one else at the range when you are,

tight groupings in the wind,

reloading your own rounds and they go boom like their suppose too,

staying accurate with your pistols,

popping tannerite from a nice distance to feel the concussion,

oh and having a lady friend that enjoys the aroma therapy that comes with the range..

there are some of my idears of true love

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Doing house chores without being asked.

You are a rare man. She's lucky!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I will let you know when I find it.

Might be a while, just so you know. Would not want anyone getting tetchy waiting for a status report!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A lot of these things seem like a good way to end up really unhappy with a lt of oppressed opinions. Instead of never telling a woman she's wrong, work on how to communicate so you can share your opinions with each other.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's sitting there with your heart in knots while she's married to another man. Just waiting.

It's turning down 2 other dates in a week because you made a promise.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Ummm...true love is...?

A chemical reaction...initiated by pheromone excretion...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
True love is hard to find-almost impossible-and so precious-hold on to it if you find it or have it. Most people will never have it, feel it, or know it when they do.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You can communicate and have a different opinion, I just said never say she is wrong, could say she is not right.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ah the best subject! true love in my experience....

is letting your significant other out of the basement and off the video games...
after a day at work in the field of electrical sales...
letting your love near the kitchen so they might cook a meal for you...
allowing your spouse to choose food and letting them eat after they serve you ...
even though looking at them eat is not a usual thing...
and of course love is teaching your other half, how to write a resume and actually leave the house and breath fresh air.. for one
speaking and looking at any other human being outside of the home...in search of an occupation...
just my personal experience being the one always earning a living and supporting a true love...
and of course after all that, being okay apart from one another for stretches of time with out suspecting adultery...
a typical marital problem...true love..not calling every second seeing if they even looked at some one else...
this really my experience...
true love is finding that special person done with community service...or getting out of the mental health clinic...
even persons with disabilities can find love!
that's the beauty of true love..it exists anywhere any place!
great topic, interesting OP, and i thank you for the opportunity to share my experiences with fair amounts of true love...
write now my true love is lifting heavy loads of bricks from one area to the next so i can afford to go to the watering hole and drink my true favorite beverages and focus on my new business venture as wrote about in a thread not long ago...
and true love is not fighting over family recipes...IMHO!
true love is letting your other half create posies for you and the rest of the household...and of course i do allow that!

true love is remaining calm when your madder than ever and your not even sure why...without resorting to distruction of household objects and and settling a domestic dispute without calling the cops or anyone else and finding a truce between just you and who your married to...my personal experience in true love...maybe saying to your neighbors that care..."hey everything is fine..sorry about the disturbance...everyone is fine and not harmed..." true love of the non romantic sort with neighbors...is real love too..
true love is letting some man that is married donate something so that he and his wife can give a ton of money for you to carry their child...as personally i am not interseted in polygamy or his jealous wife wives abuse upon me...
that's why me and my man are happy, cuz we are giving a baby to some rich people...just a little anouncement!
yes we are in the mists of creating a child for a man and so far i know he has one wife...and she hates me!

thanks for letting me share my exciting news somewhat off topic yet creating is real love too!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

When dating, we are often to busy looking for faults instead of focusing on pluses. We often base decisions on lust, too, rather than ascertaining compatibility beyond the initial feel good emotions based on superficiality.

I will say I was guilty of this mistake before I met my current wife, and last. We have true love because we both would do anything for each other, in spite of either's shortcomings. She forgives me for being me. I forgive her for being her.

We breathe each other's air, we share everything, my life would cease without her.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
True love is dreaming in common. True love is so natural it is like breathing. It is a decision to give another flawed human being the benefit of a doubt, forever. It is seeing the generous, kind husband behind the stinking feet and snoring.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
True love is...
Saying you are sorry even when you are not.

Why would you do that? You are demeaning yourself by not meaning what

you say.... and saying what you mean.

If you can do that why ever would/should she believe any thing else you say?

Does honesty, trust, truth and respect not have anything to do with *love*

Something I came across once .....

*I trust you* is a better compliment than *I love you* because you may not

always trust the person you love, but you can always love the person you trust!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

true love is.....

saving the lives of people who hate you
for reasons you don't quite understand

compassion can be exhausting sometimes

edit on 6-10-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That was sweet. I love to hear of people who have found true love. It's the best. Congrats.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is lovely.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
True love is hard to define but I hope it still exists.

top topics

join