It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Trump Did Cheat

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yeah. I know. If Trump pays less in taxes it's better for everybody.

I've heard the rap.

I hope that's not his thesis....

Pretty sure it is. He calls it "basic economics". The new age oligarchy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Where does the money come from?

Taxes.

Correct. I'll fast forward a bit. The taxes are raised by people spending and/or earning money. That money comes from commerce. Either a person spends money and it gets taxed, or a person earns money by creating a good or performing a service that is purchased.

How did the workers get to their jobs? How did the customer who purchase the good or service get that purchase to their home or other location? How did the company receive their raw materials to produce the good or service?

Hint: this ties back to my first question on this thread.

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the answers to all these questions. Are you actually planning to make a point? I mean, is there a thesis statement here somewhere?

Go ahead and write the rest of it down then, if you know where I'm going.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I've heard the rap.

I hope that's not his thesis....

Pretty sure it is. He calls it "basic economics". The new age oligarchy.

*Definitely* bitter.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Someone found the good or service you provided to be worth paying for. They spent their money for that good or service. This second person had money because they had a job which earned money from a third person. And so on and so on.

Nope. Government employee. Paid by taxes. Wanna go for 3?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When it comes to tax policy, trickle-up works better because poor people cannot afford to save, and so 100% of their income gets dumped right back into "commerce."

This of course benefits business owners large and small.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Actually, when it comes to salaries and wages, there aren't all that many scenarios.

When it comes to accrued accounting, there are enough scenarios that can come into play with regards to his personal income claims during those fiscal periods.

Like I said, a couple of line items here and there is not enough to display the entire picture... not even the speculation your Forbes link is tossing around.

All he has to do is release his returns to ease our worried minds.

If he becomes your next fearless leader, I'm sure he will in due time.

If he doesn't become your next fearless leader, this entire drama will be all for moot.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Taxes.

Correct. I'll fast forward a bit. The taxes are raised by people spending and/or earning money. That money comes from commerce. Either a person spends money and it gets taxed, or a person earns money by creating a good or performing a service that is purchased.

How did the workers get to their jobs? How did the customer who purchase the good or service get that purchase to their home or other location? How did the company receive their raw materials to produce the good or service?

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the answers to all these questions. Are you actually planning to make a point? I mean, is there a thesis statement here somewhere?

I don't know where you're going, but I sure wish you'd get there already. First you say I can't go on vacation because Phage is using the roads for a surf contest, and now this....
edit on 5-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Someone found the good or service you provided to be worth paying for. They spent their money for that good or service. This second person had money because they had a job which earned money from a third person. And so on and so on.

So you didn't produce a good or perform as service as a government worker and you still got paid? Sounds like a great gig. Hopefully President Trump will fire a bunch of people like that so they can actually contribute to society instead of being a leech.

Care to rephrase?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

If he becomes your next fearless leader, I'm sure he will in due time.

If he doesn't become your next fearless leader, this entire drama will be all for moot.

If he is elected it's moot.

If he isn't elected, no harm done. Since he has nothing to hide.

edit on 10/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Taxes.

I don't know where you're going, but I sure wish you'd get there already. First you say I can't go on vacation because Phage is using the roads for a surf contest, and now this....

I'd rather you think about it instead of being spoonfed. Studies show people have greater understanding and retention if they have to expend effort instead of it being explained with an internet meme or bumper sticker. If you don't like it, ignore my posts.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I've heard the rap.

Deflection, check.

No, not deflection. He wants to cut his taxes by 10.2% (not counting undeclared income). He want to cut mine by 1.3%.

He wants to cost the country about $5 billion a year. That won't buy many roads.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

If he is elected it's moot.

If he isn't elected, no harm done. Since he has nothing to hide.

LOL... that too !

Look, between me you and the four walls.... I think the guy is lying on his tax returns (and his corporations too) just simply because he's been a well known con-artist for 40+ years.

But as an accountant, there's no way in hell I'm going to speculate on the entire jigsaw puzzle picture just based off of only a couple of the puzzle pieces... no matter how fun it is to take jabs at the orange messiah.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

He ain't gonna produce his tax returns. Either way.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

His lawyers told him not to.

It's pretty simple logic.

They said "Look, if you release them, you loose, just stick it out."

I'm not sure they expected the American people to react the way they did, supporting it, but knowing in the back of their mind he cheated.
edit on 5-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So you didn't produce a good or perform as service as a government worker and you still got paid? Sounds like a great gig. Hopefully President Trump will fire a bunch of people like that so they can actually contribute to society instead of being a leech.

Care to rephrase?

Sure. Are YOU going to go into a Max correctional facility years on end?

ETA: That's your 3rd strike. Epic fail.
edit on 5-10-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

He can't...

Did you see those giant stacks of paper that is his return.

The media would go line by line and make Trump look foolish.

Anybody that rich hates to show their returns.

Trump might put out a summary, but his returns...No Way

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet that you're probably right on that front.

He'll weasel his way out of producing them.... somehow, someway.

"The Art of the Deal"

*cough*

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

100 flag 100 stars.

That old-fart Donald trump aka the cheat is NOT Ronald Reagan 2.0. Just another crooked monster.
edit on 5-10-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I've heard the rap.

Deflection, check.

No, not deflection. He wants to cut his taxes by 10%. He want to cut mine by 1.3%.

He wants to cost the country about $5 billion a year. That won't buy many roads.

Let's try this another way.

1) Trump's taxes won't build many roads either.
2) Roads don't produce good or services. Building more roads doesn't build an economy.

If you don't want your 1.3% cut, I'll take it. Better than tossing more money down a federal hole.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Care to rephrase?

Sure. Are YOU going to go into a Max correctional facility years on end?

ETA: That's your 3rd strike. Epic fail.

Your bitter attitude and stubborn personality do not equate to an 'epic fail' on my part.

Anyways, after all that bobbing and weaving you admit that you provided a service for someone willing to pay for that service. Good for you.

You got paid for your services. That payment came from tax revenue. That revenue was gathered from taxes on commerce. That commerce came from people with money buying goods and services from other people. And so and and so on.

(Unless you think the jail printed its own money, anyway.)

Rich people buying things from people who wanted the rich person's money paid for your job. End of story. Was that so hard?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join