It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people have both left and right wing views?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Marcus069
You can be anti-bathroom laws and pro 2nd Amendment.

I am.

Anti-bathroom!?!

So what, you just do your business in a hole in the backyard then? Shower outback with the garden hose?

I've no idea why a person would be hostile against "bathrooms"... but its quite a statement, none the less.

"Pro-diaper" movement? Pro-"use a lake, river, or swimming pool and hope no one notices" movement? I'm not really sure where that would fit on the political spectrum...

Technically, it should be considered "conservative" since it's going back to the original way things were done. If so, would that make all pro-bathroom people progressives, since they're embracing a relatively new technology over the traditional ways of doing it?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Marcus069

Wow, I was surprised by the text of the OP compared to what I expected from the thread title and my own experience. I find very few people in my life whose views are politically anywhere near what is considered exclusively "conservative" or "liberal" in today's USA.

I find most people think the government should not be in the business of limiting the rights of homosexuals, marijuana (and for the most part other recreational drugs) should be legal, government should be smaller and non-interventionist in foreign affairs, taxes and spending should both be lower, and guns should be legal.

I could keep going, but in short, I think most Americans are actually what might be called "actual conservatives", meaning they believe the government has no business limiting the rights of individuals, and that government should be smaller.

This makes both the Republican and Democratic parties unpaletable, but they both do an excellent job of marketing themselves as champions of a few issues they've turned into major ones so that on both sides they can focus on limiting rights in some areas, while keeping spending as high as possible one way or another.

Frankly, I despise the type of personality which subscribers wholeheartedly to either party beyond a begrudging choice of the lesser of two evils, based on personal preference.

ETA: Having read through the replies now, I'm glad to see the majority belief (at least in this thread) is that a mixture is typiical. I was concerned maybe only my small world hadn't gone guano crazy. Happy to see party-line sycophanticism isn't the norm.

edit on 10/3/2016 by dogstar23 because: Post-reply reading comment. I'll add: if sycophanticism isn't already a real word, it should be. If it wasn't already a cult, it is now. Join us.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069
But would anyone say that a member of the Tea Party would have a liberal view in something?

In the current misguided definition of the word "liberal", yes. A true Tea Party member would be, for example, for legalization of all drugs, and for gay marriage.

Now, the tea party was corrupted early on by "social conservatives" who only wanted true freedom for those who shared their views and beliefs. That's why I say a "true" tea party member - meaning ore-infiltration by rights-limiters.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
My feeling is they are the same partys,they put on the guise they aren't ,but look at the current laws,how things are going in congress,it's turned into a fraternity,partying,etc on the governments wallet,why we need an outsider,start cleaning out this trash,only problem is,they are all in charge,and if Trump try's changes he may meet the fate of the Kennedy's,I'm afraid the world is owned by one large wallet,and there is no stop when it comes time to protect it,I think it has always been a facade,I see no change,big money can pull out,go to middle east,invest there while we have mass panic here because the corporations shipped food there got better price,get out the Woolite because we are already sheep

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Can I be a person with "no-wing" views?

My political views can be summed up this way...

Property Rights. If it ain't yours and doesn't cause any actual harm ( hurt feelings don't count ) to you in any way, then you have no say in how it is used.

If this were used as the basic foundation for how both private and government business was handled, it'd improve the world drastically.

The problem is, control freaks want nothing to do with the idea.

I haven't voted either D or R on the presidential level for the last 12 years, and local races I tend to vote against the incumbent, regardless of party. I'm of the belief that politicians and diapers should both be changed often, and for the same reason...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Marcus069
But would anyone say that a member of the Tea Party would have a liberal view in something?

A true Tea Party member would be, for example, for legalization of all drugs, and for gay marriage.

I would never have thought a Tea Party member would be Pro gay marriage.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I do.

I am very socially libral but pretty financially conservative.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Mostly liberal but I have no qualms with the right to responsible gun ownership. The weird thing is even the right in the UK tends to hate them with a passion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join