It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boys Soccer Team Forfeits Because They're Afraid to Lose to 2 Girls.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Spider879

Then why are push-up and run time requirements different for men and women in the military?

It's a no win situation.

Boys lose, the feminists will gloat and heckle.

Boys win, then the feminists will shame them for winning and bullying.

It's not about the game. It's about fairness that lets all the kids feel the warm fuzzies that feeds the delusion they are all superstars.

Or... The kids would have played their soccer game, one team would win, one would lose (or a tire, it is soccer after all), and nobody, outside of the kids and their immediate families would care. Unfortunately, the so-called Faith Christian school administrators decided to have a bed-wetting ordeal out of it.

I don't understand how you're making the leap to the thing about fairness and feeding a delusion of superstardom for all. Doesn't seem to fit with the story or the real world in general.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They refused to play the girls and forfeited the game based on their religious beliefs.

So what backward middle east Islamic country did this nonsense take place?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

This type of fundamentalism is allowed duh.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you want absolute fairness and equality, why aren't the rules for men's and women's tennis exactly the same? How about Lacrosse? Why don't they play the same game?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you want absolute fairness and equality, why aren't the rules for men's and women's tennis exactly the same? How about Lacrosse? Why don't they play the same game?

I don't care if one female ever won a game between a male counter part or making Seal Team 6, what I care about is equality of opportunity not results.
Eg. today's female gymnastic Olympians would crush their male counter parts of the 1936 Olympics and earlier.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Spider879

Then why are push-up and run time requirements different for men and women in the military?

It's a no win situation.

Boys lose, the feminists will gloat and heckle.

Boys win, then the feminists will shame them for winning and bullying.

It's not about the game. It's about fairness that lets all the kids feel the warm fuzzies that feeds the delusion they are all superstars.

Or... The kids would have played their soccer game, one team would win, one would lose (or a tire, it is soccer after all), and nobody, outside of the kids and their immediate families would care. Unfortunately, the so-called Faith Christian school administrators decided to have a bed-wetting ordeal out of it.

I don't understand how you're making the leap to the thing about fairness and feeding a delusion of superstardom for all. Doesn't seem to fit with the story or the real world in general.

Sorry, but you might want to read all the comments I have posted on this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

But it does seem like men cannot do anything right?

Title: CAITLYN JENNER ‘WOMAN OF THE YEAR’ AWARD CONTROVERSY INTENSIFIES

edit on 2-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So a school admin makes the call so the players are pussies?

How exactly did some of you reach that conclusion..

Even if the kids didnt want to play them... so what?

When I played I saw more than a few guys carted off with broken bones... maybe they didnt want that to happen to a girl...

School I went to forced us to scrimmage the girls team every year... 2 things occurred every year ... if we went full out we got in trouble at the half, if we eased up the girls inflicted injuries on us... there was no way for us to win.

I know a lot of adults like to think it is so awesome to have mixed genders on sports team... but to often we dont bother to think how it effects the kids on both sides of that gender equation.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
These kids got a lesson in religion, but I don't think it's the lesson the head intended.

I think teach just alienated a bunch of people from his God.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Wrong football dude I believe you are thinking egghand when it is actually the real football you know played with feet and a ball.
not a hand and an egg.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Nope I meant Soccer... we played hard and since there were not a lot of club teams way back when... our skills were not quite what they needed to be to make those hard tackles safe... so I saw more than a few broken legs, blown out knees, and wrecked ankles.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

So. Girl soccer players don't encounter that?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I played also saw many an injury sorry dude but girls can play and they are not all sweet and innocent when playing.
Nah it isn't 1960 have you seen womens egghand in the USA?.

I'm gonna just come and say it I would try very hard to make mankind proud I would play against these girls.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

You would get your ass kicked.
You understand that, right?

It would hurt.
edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Like I said in my original post... we got injured every time we scrimmaged the girls team... if we went 100% at them we got in trouble... if we eased up they knew it and they started to try and injure us for the insult.

It was no win for us.

So to my original point... if the Admin made the call why are people here calling the players pussies?
if the players didn't want to risk hurting the girls... why is that a bad thing?

Folks seem to be working themselves into a frenzy over this, but the adults want to force equality on the kids without wondering how this might effect the kids.

Could you imagine being a 16 year old kid that does a hard tackle and breaks the ankle of a girl in a game.. what kind of blowback the kid might face from other students, or what he himself might feel for causing the injury.

eta: maybe I am to old and the world has passed me by...but when I was growing up a guy that hurt a girl had a rough time of things no matter what the intent was.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

if the Admin made the call why are people here calling the players pussies?
I don't think anyone here is doing so.

if the players didn't want to risk hurting the girls... why is that a bad thing?
No. But that is not what this is about.

We want to teach our men that honor of ladies is just not in sports. We struggle how to teach that if we’re allowing them to play against young ladies in a competitive game."

Girls should not play sports.
Girls should not attempt to compete with boys.

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

If I'm gonna get my ass kicked playing against women I would at least like it to get kicked by attractive women.
Blimey they are Brutal watching more.
Actually looks like they can play the game also, very fit ladies.
I'm gonna pick out a team.
edit on 2-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Meh maybe I misread... still waiting on my morning caffeine fix.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Oh.
You're over there.
On that other side of the planet. No wonder then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join