It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns US not to intervene as hospital is hit in latest Aleppo blitz.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
An unrelenting Russian and Syrian blitz of eastern Aleppo heavily damaged one of the city’s three remaining hospitals on Saturday, as Moscow warned that any American attempts to stop its assault would lead to “frightening tectonic shifts in the Middle East”.

The Russian raids struck at least five areas of the opposition-held half of the city, which is bracing for a ground assault by Shia forces allied to the Syrian regime. Syrian helicopters are believed to be responsible for the strike on the M10 hospital, which has left those who remain in the east with next to no access to essential healthcare.

Earlier in the week two other emergency centres and the only remaining maternity centre were bombed by jets, prompting a bitter response from US diplomats and vague claims that Washington was “reviewing options” about how to defuse a grave and deteriorating humanitarian crisis.

www.theguardian.com...

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Fact is there is no excuse for civilians to be in Aleppo.

About a month ago Assad told the city he was going to blitz it and opened his seige lines up for all civilians to leave.

There was plenty of warning so those still there......well its at there own risk.
edit on 1-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

All it will take is one accidental clash between the two and the world will suffer a frightening tectonic shift , it's like watching a bad disaster movie.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think the world is finally fed up with US and are starting to ignore us as the would any other third world country. God help us all if we don't make some very serious changes very soon.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

How many United States ally regimes have slipped away in the past eight years from the US turning their back on them. How many Allies has the US tried to manipulate their elections. How many Allies has the US told they would go to the back of the line for trade deals. What does it even mean to be an ally with the US? Leave a vacuum at your own risk to be filled by the willing.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The civilians were given time to evacuate. The terrorists stopped them from leaving so they could use them as human shields and as part of their propaganda war. Any civilian deaths are on the heads of the terrorists, not the Syrian Army trying to free it's country from Islamic radicals

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The civilians were given time to evacuate. The terrorists stopped them from leaving so they could use them as human shields

Source if I may ask? This wouldn't surprise me but I'd like to hear eyewitness accounts, or testimony from a Syrian or whatever wherever you got that info from. It's an ugly situation regardless, as I understand it How did Assads troops not help those in Aleppo evacuate when he gave the order.

Source pls thanks
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Numerous, non-western sources

www.rt.com...

en.farsnews.com...

en.alalam.ir...

english.ahram.org.eg...

And here's a western one I guess

www.france24.com...

All from late July, which is when this ugly business started.
edit on -050012am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Thank you, it seems more believable now that the US does not have airspace permission in west Syria that they would instruct their mercenaries to ward off airstrikes by using Human Shields.

Disgusting...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Russia remains the only world player in dialogue with Assad.

Aleppo is the pivotal city in this most awful of wars. If Assad recaptures the place, a lasting peace plan should be able to be brokered.

The hospitals are being bombed because they are providing medical support to terrorists. I don't support it, but I get it. This war has been a stalemate for too long now. Those who stayed did so against Assad's warnings.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The civilians were given time to evacuate.

To where?
Europe? Via Turkey? Libya?

Stupid refugees. Don't have the sense to leave.

"We're going to bomb your hospital. All doctors, patients and everyone should leave before we do so."

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

China recently stepped up their support to Syria to aid their efforts against the terrorists. Russia certainly aren't alone in helping Syria.

That's not to mention the aid they get from Iran and Iraq.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I certainly see no good comming from this,I'm sure it's all so Isreal can take over Syria and Iran,and if the US gets nuked in the process,oh well,they are thousands of miles away,and they get to keep all their nukes,kind of no lose situation,they are already cleaning out US banks,I'm afraid we painted ourselves into that proverbial corner

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

About a month ago Assad told the city he was going to blitz it and opened his seige lines up for all civilians to leave.

There was plenty of warning so those still there......well its at there own risk.

And there only option is to what?...Risk drowning in the Med. ?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

EH a leader whose army has dropped chemical weapons on civilians says "here's a nice safe passage" and you expect those civilians to believe him. Get real.

What's the problem here for you ? Assad and the Russians specifically targetting hospitals is a war crime and this does not fit in with your world belief that the US is evil and Putin is a lovely man..........wake up.
edit on 2/10/2016 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

There is no evidence to suggest that Syria was behind the Ghoutta Chemical attack.

Indeed much of it points to the terrorists.

The rest of the world wasn't so easily convinced at CIA propaganda.
edit on -050005am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The media focussing on another 'WMD let's invade and kill the buggers' type event. Our media always focusses on things in eastern Aleppo while never ramming down our necks the attrocities carried out by 'our' terrorists attacking the western side of the city. Where's all the horror about massacred Christians killed by terrorists in the west of the city? Our media is

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Some faces of those who stayed behind and why they stayed. youtu.be...

This would be funny if it were not so stupid... Hell yes please ground all Russian aircraft so we can continue to arm those who are fighting to overthrow Assad.. Also IMO as the rebels continue to lose ground you will hear more loud accusations and protest from the USA, Turkey, UAU, Israel, et al side of things... Even if they are not true.. What is the reason for arming the rebels again ? Who is bring and buying them arms and nice Toyota trucks ? I will not be surprised if Russia and any other Assad supporters DO NOT back down to the coalition demands and the whole Syrian operation gets taken to the threshold of a serious war that reaches past the Syrian borders. Wait until the coalition MANPADS start shooting down Russian and Syrian aircraft.. If I were Russia or Assad any restraint I had ever shown would end that very day and any aircraft that penetrated the Syrian border would be met by the very best surface to air missiles I could acquire.

US wants no fly zone over Syria, but only for the Russian and Syrian jets.... would you agree to such a demand?

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There was plenty of warning so those still there......well its at there own risk

Well then that makes it all okay.

So let me make sure this is right...

Killing innocent civilians is okay as long as you warned them it would happen...amazing.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: crazyewok

There was plenty of warning so those still there......well its at there own risk

Well then that makes it all okay.

So let me make sure this is right...

Killing innocent civilians is okay as long as you warned them it would happen...amazing.

If killing sivillians is in US interests, you would be singing a different song. The whole middle east is distabalized because of US. Cause and effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join