It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

annoying shopkeepers drive me mad part II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
when i posted my first rant i was angry- now i´m just sad.

last time i was annoyed because i bought a cell-phone charger that wasnt working, gave it back to the little shop i bought it from - and they re-packaged it and put it back on their shelf.
it´s a small grocery store - and i know i should not buy cell phone chargers in a place like that - but i trusted them because of mutual friendliness.

so because of their bad behavior i avoided the store for a while but then i decided to forgive them.
the wife of the owner is very friendly and i thought maybe she was innocent about the charger being re-packaged.
and also it is a convenient little store at the corner... sigh.

she is from Philippines and her husband is from Bangladesh. they are both much younger than me. and we are in Portugal (south europe) and i am german by birth.

so today for some reason in conversation i told her that her president sucks big time.
and she said right away that he is doing a lot of good things and is a good president.

maybe i should not have talked about that but.... it sucks that she is a [SNIP] fascist !!!

i started to blurb something about me being german and what i think about fascists and hitler ... (yeah #!)
and then her Bangladesh-husband chimed in to say that the Philippine president was awesome.
i was so baffled! i had already payed my groceries and just left shouting :

"this might be the last time i buy something in your shop!"
and they just laughed like i made a joke ! hell !!

it´s so sad - so many people are so cold and dark in their hearts.
but i can´t check on every shop-keepers heart before i do my shopping can i ?

oh well for now - despite of the darkness all around me i decided to continue to trust in everyone ... without exception- even apparently friendly people.
lol
maybe some of my good will will stick around ?? arrr
still drives me mad !!!

rant over.

edit on 1-10-2016 by DrumsRfun because: DO NOT CIRCUMVENT OUR CENSORS

mods can delete this thread - guess ranting does no good anyway...
edit on 1-10-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So terrible you had to encounter someone who had a different opinion than you.

Tissue?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

hehe yeah maybe you a right. but you know that this is the rant forum so i think no need for being smartassy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

Do you have more than one account on here?

I am almost certain that another username was used for part 1???

Mandela effect anyone?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I was being Rantassy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

...but what does it mean when the "fascists" are the cheerful ones-and displaying better self control?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
so whos racist the president?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

nope-i have only one humble account. and sometimes i have to rant out on the net because i´m lone at home and have nobody to rant to except my dog,cat and parrot ... and they do not like rants at all. so i rant here since it is allowed.

but wow ! i made a mandela effect ??
sweet!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze
well for me it is like it is. if you disagree just go on to another rant thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
a reply to: seeker1963

nope-i have only one humble account. and sometimes i have to rant out on the net because i´m lone at home and have nobody to rant to except my dog,cat and parrot ... and they do not like rants at all. so i rant here since it is allowed.

but wow ! i made a mandela effect ??
sweet!

Yea, no kidding, I just went and looked at who I thought it was and nope. Damn, my memory is getting bad.

Anyways, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: possesed i did not mention the word racist. but yeah whatever.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
o wheeew i feel so much better now that my rants about my social failures are eternally burned into the internet and open to be trolled by anyone who seems fit.
maybe my last rant on this site...
lol
edit on 1-10-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

but i really like that new word.
Rantassy is a nice word.

maybe this was worth it after all !

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I await part 3 with bated breath.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i've had enough baguette duels in french bakerys to know shopkeepers are often a little unhinged.
smile politely, dont strike them with your glove and keep chit-chat about weather.
easy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The world is beginning to look ever so insane. Down is sideways, up is salty, yes means renewed prescription, and everyone seems to be transparent. No................................................................................I'm not stoned. That in itself would go some ways to explain the completely spastic events I have experienced today. Did the world go into chaotic nonsense mode, a polar flip, perhaps a reversal in time? Someone.....?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku
somehow i feel better because you wrote that. thanks!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
you are free to rant away ! explain spastic events ...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't mean to infer you. Hmmmmm it seems the world has gone mad, I guess I'm on a parallel track with your rant. By the way, I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You don't seem interested in any opinion but your own. All that because you don't share views on a politician of a country neither of you are in?

Were you just hoping someone here would tell you that you were right?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the way I read your opening post, I think it's fairly likely you might have been the ass this time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join