It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone App Coding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
I recommend your first idea, because it takes away the huge learning curve he needs to step up just to get a half way safe authentication system.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Sadly the only time I ever see one of these events is in the world. I can never find them advertised on the web.

Parking lot rug sales?

Ha ha ha no. But thats now going to be the next feature of the app

Well there you go, I've already helped.

Now what kind of computer are you working with and how much space do you have available?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

And an apache host with mysql backend is like 2 bucks a month unless you need huge storage for images. Yii is relatively easy to use. Deployment takes 5 minutes if you know how to read. Lots of php resources all over the Web. MVC is good to learn if you are serious about coding.

I've tested at least a half dozen php frameworks and this one was the easiest for a learner imo. Some others were more flexible but came with the price of tons of hand coding while with Yii, you can use Gii to kick out a new MVC in less than a couple minutes.

I think it makes a lot of sense as a starting point too.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There are sites where you can hire coders and they bid for your project.

I would imagine you would have to be savvy in some sense to describe what you want but do not necessarily have to be a coder. I know there are many of these sites but I don't use them myself so can't tell you much more.

Hire-a-Developer-or-Designer

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I can't speak much for the 'i' development aspect.. but Android... the following should give you the tools to get you on your way.

I would agree w/ you... start the website first... because what is a website accessed from a mobile device?... an app... even if a crude version that doesn't look so great on every device... nevertheless... you can begin building your traffic.

Label everything 'BETA' ...that's your 'out' until you're comfortable you have a stable/bug free version running.

Now, as for building the app... or minimally, learning the ins & outs of it via a GUI...

Get this > Android Studio

Android Studio is an app builder and overall Android emulator... you can build/test/run your app(s) via your PC/MAC/Linux. Make sure to install the full package which includes the SDK Tools.

Read Read Read... All of the "How do I....?'s" are answered within the documentation both in the program and on the site.

As for a great resource for most everything else Android App Development related, one of the best forums I have used is XDA-Developers Android. Typically, there isn't much that you'll run into that someone else already has and has solved.

Good luck! ...and be sure to PM me the Google Playstore link to your app once you're done!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I would agree w/ you... start the website first... because what is a website accessed from a mobile device?... an app...

No it´s not. How do you get that idea? You use a browser application to retrieve and parse the http protocol. The website is dynamically created by an application in the sense of ASP/PHP or static in the sense of HTML. To say a website is a app is as wrong as saying a bullet is a gun.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That does not make your statement true that a website accessed from a mobile device is a app. every truck is a vehicle but not every vehicle is a truck.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I apparently should have expanded on the notion.. in that a number of apps (so called) are no more than pretty gui's to access what is otherwise simply a web hosted page or service portraying as a function within an app.

More as an "if you have to start crude, don't feel bad, you're not doing so alone"... I thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick.. duly noted... I will use the /sarcasm tag moving forward.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

every truck is a vehicle but not every vehicle is a truck.

Explain the El Camino then...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree, many apps are just GUIs for database access.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join