It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang - SC at 6:45 pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Was just sitting down to eat when I huge boom shook my house and rattled my windows.

Living in the country here in South Carolina, I hear gun shots all the time, and this certainly was not that. Sounded more like a 5 inch gun from one of my ships in the Navy firing.

Might have been a sonic boom. Looked around outside to see if there was smoke (neighbor propane tank going), but no smoke. Electricity didn't even flicker so doubt it was a transformer.

If it was a sonic boom that means jet or meteor.

Any other SC peeps (or Georgia as I'm close to Augusta) hear anything?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ohhh! There have been lots of fireballs reported this week.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well, it was still light here (it's twilight now), but if it had been that, it would have left a smoky contrail and there isn't one. Just some T-head clouds on the horizon (much too far away to have made the sound with thunder).

ETA: too bad too. That would have meant that Giant Meteor was here for a debate!

edit on 9/29/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Most likely a sonic boom from above ground or below. Could be a quake precursor sound stay alert !

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nothing here in Anderson county.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

That would have meant that Giant Meteor was here for a debate!

I'm praying to the internet god for the Giant Meteor.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm suprised you heard Anything with those ear defenders on

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That would have meant that Giant Meteor was here for a debate!

I'm praying to the internet god for the Giant Meteor.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey Eric.

Did you cal your local news or fire dept?
Usually they will tell you whats up.
I am betting it was just a power transformer. I had one blow up about two blocks from me and it was very loud, funny thing is I still had power too. Is there any power outages being reported?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A single report is not usually associated with a meteor decelerating in the atmosphere. If its being enough to make a sound that reaches your ears like that, then there are usually multiple reports as the object breaks up and the pieces each give off their own reports descending through multiple mach barriers.

Like here, obviously a lot bigger, but dig the following cacophony of reports...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I live near you, I didn't feel anything but I was driving at the time :/ I experienced something like that here a few months ago and it scared the crap out of me!

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Took a look at local news, there was nothing. Called my step brother up who is with the sheriff's department, nothing.

Most likely was just a sonic boom from a jet. Happens once in awhile here.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Hi Eric, just heard on the scanner that an unknown helicopter with spot light is hovering around looking for something. They contacted SLED and its not them. How far from North are you?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

My mother is in Easley, I'll ask her if she heard it. None of my friends in Augusta so far reported anything. I wonder what it was?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
I just got off the radio with a friend of mine several miles west of Ridge Spring and he said about an hour to hour and a half ago something shook his house and rattled his windows for several seconds. I was on HF and had my headphones on - didn't hear a thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I live in the CSRA area, so in the west, and midlands, Aiken.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I'll ask my son in the morning. He was outdoors in that area at that exact time. Will let you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Was just sitting down to eat when I huge boom shook my house and rattled my windows.

Living in the country here in South Carolina, I hear gun shots all the time, and this certainly was not that. Sounded more like a 5 inch gun from one of my ships in the Navy firing.

Might have been a sonic boom. Looked around outside to see if there was smoke (neighbor propane tank going), but no smoke. Electricity didn't even flicker so doubt it was a transformer.

If it was a sonic boom that means jet or meteor.

Any other SC peeps (or Georgia as I'm close to Augusta) hear anything?
i tossed a quarter through a wormhole. Using the spirit of war as a ride through time, bad plan.

join