It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy Earth While It Lasts: Atmospheric Carbon Levels Pass the Point of No Return

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I guess you have to have a sense of humour to find things funny.
You should try lightening up.
edit on 5/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: [post=21472059]Cutepants[/post

yeah - you can see how "dazzled" I was. The story was stupid. Only stupid people would have been stupid enough to actually take it seriously. I was being sarcastic to demonstrate how stupid it all was.

What is the difference between "scientists" or "journalists" pronouncing the end of the world and Edgar Cayce announcing the end of the world based on bible predictions.

You obviously don't get sarcasm but then again, this medium does not show body language.

Tired of Control Freaks

Maybe dazzled was a poor choice of word, sorry. I just meant that media has given you an incorrect view of reality, in my opinion of course. I agree that the story was stupid, but thinking media is stupid doesn't make you immune to it, unfortunately.

Obviously there are many differences between those two things, but why do you ask? I've never said I support ""scientists" and "journalists"". I just said that you conflated the two, you where quoting something a journalist said, vaguely attributing it to scientists.

I'm sorry for not understanding your sarcasm, if that makes things any better, but you can't hide behind that shield forever.

a reply to: UKTruth

Haha, such a passive-aggressive thing to say. How easy it is to joke around, life is but a dream, after all. But if you are allowed to joke about serious things then I think you can be serious about jokes too?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

oh cutiepants,

I am so sorry if I confused a journalist with a climate change scientist. They both resemble morons at times and it is easy to get confused.

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

No need to apologize, smoochie woochie, an honest mistake. And they do resemble morons sometimes. Well, we should agree to disagree about GW I guess. Hope you have a nice holiday season. I would say Christmas but it's a bit early.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join