It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Police be Required to Confirm the Threat Before Shooting.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yes , but in some instances there might be no time to do such a thing without an Officer Possibly being Shot and Killed . They have the same Right as Citizens to Defend themselves .

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes , but in some instances there might be no time to do such a thing without an Officer Possibly being Shot and Killed . They have the same Right as Citizens to Defend themselves .

I know, but how many citezens die in that trade off?

Sure the cop could lose, but he has the advantage. He has already aimed, plus he is way better armored and trained.

So are there more Americans who would cold blooded murder a cop, or more that are likely to be fidgety and move their hands I. A weird way?

I can't imagain there are more murderers.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

" So are there more Americans who would cold blooded murder a cop, or more that are likely to be fidgety and move their hands I. A weird way? "

That Question will Never have an Answer . The Better a Policeman is Trained , the Less Likely they will be in a position to Kill without a Very Good Reason .

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

" So are there more Americans who would cold blooded murder a cop, or more that are likely to be fidgety and move their hands I. A weird way? "

That Question will Never have an Answer . The Better a Policeman is Trained , the Less Likely they will be in a position to Kill without a Very Good Reason .

No I'm saying that if a police officer draws his gun and aims. Then waits to shoot until confirming there is a weapon. I would bet with his training, body armor and superior firing position, that he has a 80+% chance of winning the encounter.

Now what percent chance does the fidgety citizen who is reaching for his wallet have of surviving the situation??? Zero...

So from my POV I bet that means a couple (2ish) extra cops are killled in the line of duty (we average less than 50 nation wide a year) but nearly all of the shady unarmed shootings are avoided (with including justified shootings is at least 1,000 a year nation wide.

Feel me?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Actually, citizens do not have the right to aim their weapons at cops...
pointing a gun in someone's face is only acceptable when there's no mistaking he's going to get you first...

instead of finding better ways of restraining bad guys with force, try getting them into rehab, it works better than jail and prison combined?

what's the end goal if it ain't a healthy society?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join