It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 Unstoppable Update Auto-reinstalls Edge, Cortana, Shop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Look into your update history. Remove the automatic update to Windows 10 security update. I believe that number would be KB3065987. Uninstall it completely.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Thank you, I will try this when I get home.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
I have been free of windows for 4 years now both at home and at work.
I really don't understand why more people don't switch to linux. It is absolutely hassle free.

It really isn't. And if you think most people are computer savvy enough to use it, you are very very wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I run a lite version of win 7 ultimate, with most services disabled. I've run Ubuntu and did not like it. Too much it doesn't do w/o windows emulators or other tweeks for my patience level.

Can we just get a os, search engine. And mapping system that isn't run by the tptb under a fictitious name?

"Here put all your computers content on our servers, so you don't loose it."

Are you guys f'n kidding me?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I agree 100%. The CLOUD is our future and look how easy those things are to hack
I hate the direction technology is going. So invasive. I foresee a great many people who go back to paper, pens and type writers for classified information!!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've got my system restored to before the update and I'm unfrozen. I'm in Windows Update under Update & Security and says 58% of the update is almost complete. Is there a way to stop this download?

I changed my settings where they have to warn me but that is how I had it and it never stopped them. At this point I just want to wipe it clean and return to what it came with, 8 point something...anyone know how to return to old OS that came with the computer?

Currently usoing HP Envy model no h8-1549

Edit - Correction:

Update isn't 58% complete, the download for the update almost is. I want to avoid the downloaded update from being implemented at all costs.
edit on 26-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
Look into your update history. Remove the automatic update to Windows 10 security update. I believe that number would be KB3065987. Uninstall it completely.

I'm not sure if your reply was directed to me but my numbers are all different in update history.

If you're still online, what would deleting that security update achieve?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Mobius8

Going back to type writers will mean that one is automatically admitting they have something to hide and are therefore terros (in the eyes of the elite terrorists that is.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I migrated 6 years ago after 20 horrible years with MS and I wouldn't go back for 1 nor 10 metric tuns of gold.

Okay. Have a friend telling me about the same (he is a linux-admin in a larger corp., I think he knows what he is doing), couldn't convince me to stay with Linux. He was the first to try to install Linux on one of my systems back in the late nineties/early 00's.

In fact it is much easier to setup and run Linux (Ubuntu/Debian/Other large distro) with some basic security then Windows.

That is something every Linux-fan I ever met tells me. Maybe it is something subjective, as those people are tending to like Linux/dislike Windows? Don't know.
What I know is that the setup for a windows-system is either very, very simple or really complex - depending on your infrastructure. Same goes for Linux. As soon as you leave the GUI in Linux, it is man-page hell.. And condescending, arrogant linux-users in boards en masse when asking noob-questions.. :-(

For example under Linux you get 90-100% software from secure repositories. Apps are compiled exactly for your system, no need for download of some strange installs from strange websites ....

Wurgh.. That is exactly what I don't want to do: compile every single piece of software on my own. I want to use the computer as a tool, not being a tool for the computer.
And strange installs from strange websites........ Well, that about sums up where I would have guessed Linux is getting its software from. Can't trust github anymore (sec-problems galore!), don't trust distro-packages any longer.

Well, that is in my eyes not an advantage for Linux.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Windows 10 keylogs everything you do and sends it back to microsoft. They were implicated in spying on everything you do with Snowdon's prism revelations (and apple for that matter). Yet you don't trust peer reviewed open-source software?
I find that to be quite strange.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join