It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien vehicles? redux

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
note to mods: this is based on a earlier thread of mine wich im doing again now that i know the ats basics
so yup another obscure part of the ufo phenomena i want to share:
there have been some very strange sightings of cars and other vehicles that not only apeared to be piloted by the infamous "humanoids" but also had strange behavior like fliyng or just looking very strange
this strange phenomena apparently has connections with the ufo one
here are some examples:

Writing for the pulp magazine “Exploring the Unknown” more specifically the August 1961 issue (Vol. 2 nr 3) on page 71 Ben Berkey writes about “flying automobiles” reportedly seen one by 2 an Ohio housewife in 1959 and another one by an executive on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, both witnesses claimed they were driving behind the normal appearing 1959 vintage type vehicles when suddenly the drivers stepped on the gas and both vehicles appear to rise more than six inches above the pavement and disappear from sight, both incidents apparently occurred during 1959-1960. According to Berkey there were other rumors of flying vehicles and even inquiries made to the Ohio Turnpike patrol that dismissed them as unfounded rumors. There was even another ‘rumor’ of an accident regarding a sort of wing-tailed automobile that literally flew into the side of a tractor trailer, again on the Ohio Turnpike. Aeronautical scientists denied that there were cars capable of such a thing and speculated that it could have been a ‘regular’ accident involving a high speeding automobile. Whatever the case nothing else was heard about these ‘flying car’ incidents, at least that I know off.

In Northern Manitoba, sometime in August of 1987 an Anglican priest was driving on a highway and came upon a dark “van” with no windows or headlights, with only small “Christmas lights” around it. It was in his lane, traveling in the same direction as he was going. The priest signaled and pulled over to pass. As he passed it, the “van” suddenly vanished into thin air. One has to ask why would an Anglican priest make up such a bizarre tale? A vanishing van? a real UFO would have been more believable

On August 22 1956, at around 11:50 a.m. at a location between Le Boulu and Ceret a Ms. Porta, riding a moped, was passed by 2 enormous, absolutely silent motorcycles, appearing nickel plated, each carrying 2 passengers dressed in fawn colored satin, with boots & “closely sealed helmets.” They stopped, blocking the road, & as she squeezed past they looked at her; their faces were totally hidden by big smoked visors. Ten yards further on, she looked back; but they had vanished without a sound. Two almost identical cases coming from completely different parts of the world, and completely different witnesses. This case is from M. Vidal, in FSR Vol. 15 # 6.

more reports can be found here:www.ufoinfo.com...
when in the link go to the bottom and click on "COSMIC CARS And Other Road Oddities"

edit on 25-9-2016 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your first clue is "writing for the pulp magazine." These stories are old and unverifiable. Many times the witnesses are not named, so you couldn't follow up with them even if they were still alive. They are just kind of "oddities," little vignettes that are good for some wondering entertainment. Unlike more main-stream UFO reports (kind of an odd statement, I know) this genre tends to defy reality by juxtaposing a "normal" vehicle in an abnormal way. That would tend to support people seeing something odd and trying to describe it with normal language. So people say they saw a "flying car" but they don't say that it was a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 in baby blue. It's just a quick ID on a fleeting scene that lasted a few seconds in total. Think of someone from 900 AD trying to describe an airplane. How would they even find the words?

The thing is you can't do much with a sighting like this. About all you can do is file it away in the "Gee, that was interesting" file and leave it for future generations, i.e.: You, to find and wonder about. You can either accept these stories at face value or dismiss them, but they defy analysis at this stage.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

but they are interesting

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

but they are interesting

I suggested that. It's when people try to come to some grand conclusion that you get into trouble. And that's a problem with the majority of UFO reports, either contemporary or historical. People report a light in the sky that moves in what they think is a strange manner and say, "Aliens from space."

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DVNC2000

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a thread

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

There was even another ‘rumor’ of an accident regarding a sort of wing-tailed automobile that literally flew into the side of a tractor trailer, again on the Ohio Turnpike.

Reminds me how there was once a rash of rumours in the Ukraine about flying tractors. The farm type, not the truck type.

Then they stopped making vodka out of ergot-infected wheat.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

oh boy here we go again instead of making a long rant im just going to link my thread about it:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

cant we have a serious discussion please?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

oh boy here we go again instead of making a long rant im just going to link my thread about it:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seriously? Tell you what. Take this quiz, tell us your score, then come back and tell us all about UFOs. We can have a serious discussion when you recognize the limits of what you can do here.

Note: Should now be shareable.
edit on 9/25/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

i dont believe in extraterrestrials in ufos
i believe in interdimensional beings in ufos passaport to magonia style

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

cant we have a serious discussion please?

I found a picture.

edit on 25/9/16 by Astyanax because: I found a picture.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

look if you dont have nothing to add please get out
this is ats not reddit or 4chan where you find people like that

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i find bizzare how people give more stars to jokes than serious posts

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

look if you dont have nothing to add please get out this is ats not reddit or 4chan where you find people like that

With over 400 posts I would have imagined you'd understand by now that you don't "control" a thread and tell people what they can and cannot post. It's YOUR responsibility to establish your own credibility. When you get posts that, one way or another, question your veracity, it would probably be time well spent to examine what you have posted yourself. If people are making fun of your thread, there is a REASON for that. If you don't like the way the discussion is going, provide some more information. because all you have done so far is post some very old and questionable accounts of people reporting flying vehicles. You have offered no explanation, no analysis, no added value to the discussion whatsoever. Basically you have just repeated these old accounts. I do not have confidence that you have anything substantive to contribute.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What do you mean? It’s not PhotoShopped or anything. That’s a Convaircar. It really flew; not surprising, because it was built by the people who brought you the B-58 Hustler.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

sorry but thats all i have

and ok i will be less anoying

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

i already knew it was real
howevwer its very doubtful its the cause of those sightings for one not all of the sightings involve flying cars
second if there was a crash they would report it
and third it doesnt match the descripitions

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

These took me two minutes to find.

Minnesota, 1979

The patrol car had very peculiar damage. The inside headlight on the driver's side was smashed but not the one to its immediate left. There was a flat-bottomed circular dent on the left side of the front hood, about a half inch in diameter, close to the windshield.

There was a crack in the windshield on the driver's side, that ran from top to bottom, with four apparent impacts. The electric clock was running 14 minutes slow, as was Johnson's wristwatch.

Illinois, 1986

I asked my coworker to sketch the flying UFO car, and he did. The sketch on the top shows a side view, and the sketch below shows a top view (as he imagined it would look). Notice the very bright lights positioned on the car, and window areas. The windows were darkened and not translucent enough to be seen through from the outside.
My coworker said that whenever he talks with his father one of the first things his father will mention is the day they saw this fantastic flying car.

New Zealand, 2014

Apparently Matthew Robert was driving into Shantytown, New Zealand last night when a "car shaped" object, probably a car, was parked in the road. It then took off vertically in a flash of light, not to be seen again. Robert says that afterwards he lost his cellphone reception, his eyes watered, and his vision was blurry for about an hour.

I found a flying tractor, too. Video evidence and everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join