It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn wins Labour Leadership

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: 83Liberty

He campaigned to remain because that's what the people of his party wanted him to do.
He represents the people, but at the ballot box he represents himself.

I think it's a stretch to call it a contradiction.
He had no obligation to vote how he is told to vote, that's not democracy.

But he is elected to represent their terms on the campaign trail.

I'd have done the same.
That's if he even did vote leave, which we no proof of either way.
I'm just sayin.

I thought the Labour party was supposed to support and be on the side of the working class?
The majority of the working class voted to Leave.

It seems like he was supporting the old 'new labour' cronies in the party.

No wonder he lost 25% of Labour membership support... and he will struggle to pick up the working class vote.
www.theguardian.com...

Maybe the rumors are true. Labour is now officially the party for immigrants and claimants.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I thought the Labour party was supposed to support and be on the side of the working class? The majority of the working class voted to Leave.

65% of Labour voters voted remain.
yougov.co.uk...

edit on 24-9-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not denying that.
What I'm saying is that I'm constantly told that the Labour party is for the working class of this country, yet on one of the biggest votes in our history, Labour wasn't on the side of the working class in the EU referendum. Hence why they lost 25% of their members as proved in the link I provided.

It would also have been interesting to see the results if JC had campaigned for Leave.
edit on 83122bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 08:22:51 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Fifteen per cent of Labour’s voters said they were a little less likely to vote Labour since the referendum campaign; 12% said it made them a lot less likely to vote Labour, making a total of 27%.

He didn't lose 25% of the membership.

Instead 27% said they were less likely(15%), or a lot less likely(12%) to vote labour...

What about people outside the party or coming of age...

That could easily make up the 12%.

Not to mention me and my friend who both voted leave never took part in the YouGov poll...
We'd be part of the more likely group.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hence why they lost 25% of their members as proved in the link I provided.

Please quote where it says Labour lost 25% of their members because I don't see it , I see the results of a "leaked" poll which as we've learned over the years polls are little more than guesstimates.

Labour hasn't been working for the poor since Blair came to power , think it more likely under Corbyn that will change.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Fifteen per cent of Labour’s voters said they were a little less likely to vote Labour since the referendum campaign; 12% said it made them a lot less likely to vote Labour, making a total of 27%.

He didn't lose 25% of the membership.

Instead 27% said they were less likely(15%), or a lot less likely(12%) to vote labour...

What about people outside the party or coming of age...

That could easily make up the 12%.

Not to mention me and my friend who both voted leave never took part in the YouGov poll...
We'd be part of the more likely group.

If you read my first post with the link I clearly stated 'membership support'.
Sorry for not including that in my latter post.

Anyway 27% of Labour supporters less likely to vote for Labour is HUGE.

Yes JC has gained more members for the party, but are they working class people?
Some were even Tories trying to vote for Corbyn for Labour leader.
edit on 83139bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 08:39:46 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

27% in a poll out of how many people though?

It could be huge, he has 4 years to win their hearts again.

Unless they try another coup.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Good , I may not agree with all of Corbyn's policies and beliefs but he was elected leader on a clear mandate before the establishment and media decided to try to unseat him , now that mandate has been reaffirmed.

Is it just me or .......... I cant help wondering if the 300+k people that voted for him were in the main, Tories

I mean, to have a vote (say) in this election, all you had to do was pay a couple of quid and lets face it, a lot of new members signed up when the leadership contest was announced ..... all true Labour supporters?

Or am I just cynical?

Dunno

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

And that's the problem with polls isn't it , three types of lies , lies, damned lies, and statistics.
I have no intention of voting in 2020 it's up to Corbyn to convince me otherwise , I hope he does.

edit on 24-9-2016 by gortex because: Timeslip

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It could be huge, he has 4 years to win their hearts again.
Unless they try another coup.

Good luck to him but I don't think he will have much chance if he continues to support open borders, getting rid of Trident and our armed forces, and giving back the Falklands to Argentina.

Like I said, I really like him, but he is a massive security risk with some of his policies. I'm sure the majority of working class people will feel the same.

edit on 83152bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 08:52:17 -05003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Of the 422,871 people who voted in 2015 I'm sure some of them were Tories playing their little game with Democracy but I doubt it was a significant proportion.
If Corbyn can get back on track and come up with the policies the people of the country want to see then they may regret their decision , only time will tell.

edit on 24-9-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
well . . . at least someone somewhere can properly get elected

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When I said cannot, I don't mean he could not become Prime Minister I mean he should not become Prime Minister in the sense that he will be bad for this country. Could you imagine him going up against guys like Putin or even Trump, they'd eat him for breakfast and still have room for bacon and eggs.

Labour will break up because he stands for nothing, he will stand for whatever he feels is right and expect people to get in line rather than having their own opinion. He has already proven this by taking people who were either against him or disagreed with him and replaced them with someone who will stick to his side and brown nose him to stay in the seat.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The problem with that is that he shows that he will change his mind to fit the need rather than sticking to what he believes. You cannot be against something for decades and then suddenly just when you are looking to get what you want you say 'Oh but I might have a history of being against the EU but now that it's going my way I'm against it' look at Boris Johnson, the bloke only wanted to be part of the leave campaign because he wanted to have those votes when he stood for PM because he knew he wouldn't get them otherwise, it shows that they are all the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Could you imagine him going up against guys like Putin or even Trump, they'd eat him for breakfast and still have room for bacon and eggs.

Not sure he needs to go up against them , diplomacy is what gets things done in the end.

Labour will break up because he stands for nothing

My understanding is that he stands for peace , equality and social justice , I think we should all support that.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous
It was never in doubt. Happy for him winning it, but he still makes the Labour party unelectable with him in charge.

Unelectable say the Establishment and the MSM.

What it really means is that he can't be bought.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: crazyewok

Well he isn't truly honest. He BSed the whole train thing and made out there were no free seats for him then filmed a short little video talking about how he had to sit on the floor then when he was caught out and the CCTV was released of him walking onto the train and passed more than a dozen free seats to sit on the floor he then changed his story to that he couldn't find a seat where he could sit next to his wife, even though the staff offered him some seats in first class and he turned them down and he still lied about it when he was caught out and hasn't actually admitted to it yet, so he isn't completely honest and it was one of the reasons I wouldn't and wont vote for him in any election.

Plus him telling the world that he would never press the red button defeats our military almost before any war gets started. He has revealed that there is a point he wont pass, while I'm not saying he should press the button or it should be pressed ever, when you tell your enemies you have a limit to what you're willing to do it gives them a goal to reach.

It wasn't B.S, there were no seats and there was plenty of people sat around him that that testified this was the case. Richard Branson is a business man and the threat of one of his businesses being re-nationalised wasn't something he wanted to hear.

As for not pushing the button, believe me when I say, the button will never be pushed anyway. He is all about peace, rather than bluster, which makes a refreshing change.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Not well done Corbyn it's well done to the people who voted him in under the premise that he is a different kind of politician, that's an oxymoron. Politicians are naturally liars, traingate leads the way with him, he lied on video about having nowhere to sit and then the cctv proved he lied because he walked passed dozens of seats, he was offered seats by the staff and he turned it down all because he wanted to make that little video and the Corbynites are constantly trying to think up ways to defend it.

Corbyn cannot become PM. He is the mistake that the labour membership gets to have much like they did with Ed Miliband. I know he was sold and likes to sell himself as the "new" politician but he isn't he has been a part of politics for decades, he waited until the last minute to say "stay in the EU" when for decades he has been talking about the EU being a mistake and not fit for purpose but when he became Labour leader he changed his tune.

He isn't a different kind of politician he is a politician who looked to the millions of youth votes that were untapped and said "right, how do I get them behind me?" and after a few minutes he came up with the idea and is stupidly now leader of the labour party.

Labour will and probably should break up after this. Corbyn removes people he doesn't like or who openly talk badly about him which isn't democracy, he lies on video and then denies he lied even after it's been proven to be a lie (whether you agree with what Virgin done or not by releasing the cctv). Corbyn being leader has secured a Tory government for decades and the only way the Labour party will win is if they team up with the SNP and he has already said that he isn't closed to that idea and we all (Brits) know how much of a terrorist like Nikola is.

His type of politics is definitely different, I can't understand how you can't see this. It's not all about shouting the loudest, it's about grown up debate, taking all sides into consideration and moving forward.

I can't agree with those sentiments about the Tories. They are ripping themselves apart over the referendum, but have been allowed to get away with things, simply because of the failed coup within Labour.

There will be no split either, those M.P's who went against him were wrong to do so and that is proven by this ridiculous leadership competition just one year after his last mandate.

The MSM are the Establishment's mouthpiece and he can't be bought by them, so they attack him. He has some great ideas and once these are translated into policies, I think he will surprise many at the next General Election.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Are you serious? No seats? Have you seen the CCTV footage? Have you seen him walk through at least three (or two) carriages seating areas (whatever they're called now) literally passed empty seats. He was offered seats by the staff and he said no then recorded his video, how can you say that there was no seats?

As for the button - Whether HE would push it or not doesn't matter, you should never tell those your fighting where your limit lies. It's not refreshing it's inexperienced in a war room that tells me he would have no clue what to do.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

So what if he did vote leave?
He campaigned to stay in line with Labour's policy.

Can't you see the contradiction in that?

He campaigned to stay in the EU for either personal or political gains, not for what he truly believes in.

I would say it is more likely Theresa May voted to leave the E.U and she was part of the Government's Remain campaign.

He was asked how he voted during the referendum and he stated he voted to remain.

Theresa May hasn't been asked the same question, I think the MSM should ask her, for the sakes of transparency.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join