It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A creature in it's natural habitat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Once upon a time there was a planet called Epheliaville. This mysterious, thriving planet was shrouded in rainforest jungle. This is a story about the characters who lived in this jungle.
Jamie the Monkey was short on food, shortages. Being separated from it's family had wreaked havoc on the poor monkey's mental health. It would exhibit bizzar, off the wall behavior living alone in it's Canopy. Sadly, it appeared poor Jamie the Monkey had gone crazy.
The only external contact it had was bartering fruits with nearby lemur's. Waking up in a broad tree branch one morning, it spots figures in the distance whom it does not recognize.
Immediately Jamie huddles up behind the trunk of the tree peaking out looking at them. They approach. Figure #1 says plainly "i can see you behind that trunk, silly. its rather obvious" Jamie remains suspicious and leery of communicating. Figure #1 says "We are the Elder Spirits of this jungle and it's protector. We created this jungle" Jamie quips, ears perk up and eyebrows converge together "You cant CREATE a jungle, nobody can".
It says to Jamie, "We've been watching you. The survival of this lush paradise relies on you. If you keep acting like a psychopathic jack***, then i'm afraid this place your habitat is going to die, the trees, the shrubs, the waters will recede leaving empty pits of sand and all of the animals here will die. You have to stop judging people unfairly. Just because you are disadvantaged, does not give you the right to judge anyone or anything unrighteously".
Jamie is mortified. Hides behind a tree trunk frightfully. Stunned at the idea of these "forest Elders" watching it. It's mind realing at the prospect, stunning implications. Unable to even process it all.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Interesting Mousy!

I feel sorry for Jamie.

I can imagine there being more chapters to this story.

edit on 22-9-2016 by TNMockingbird because: second reading led to more thoughts.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

That was well written...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice.

And then there was planet earth . . . just orbiting quietly . . .

its blue oceans turning gray . . . and the elders . . . passed it by.

join