It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there sublimal images on ATS webpage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You would have thought that ATS would be the last place to see sublimal images being fed.

I simply cannot get over it.

We have the following images constantly peeking behind every page we open. They are background images which seem to be aimed at lodging into people's consciousness.

1)The Climate change wallpaper,
2)The astronaut next to the landing craft somewhere in the desert
3)The meeting of the leaders of the world picture ?
and so on.

I am not a savvy with the browser configuration but I am sure going to find out if there is a script that I can load to get rid of this locally.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies
Zoom in and they disappear.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
YWhy are there sublimal images on ATS webpage

Because something something Greys Illuminati MKULTRA CIA Archons Area 51 Bilderberg Khazarian Mafia Obama Reptilian Elite.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Use your control + buttons and expand the screen and all that stuff vanishes . out of sight out of mind .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Didnt see your post but yea zoom in .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I believe these are just background images in place, rather than just having a blank, black background.

The images follow the themes of this website - Conspiracy.

However, you seem to feel that these have been placed to intentionally, to subliminally implant these ideologies into our cake batter brains?

You see conspiracy, I see background pictures.

Note: Now that you mention it, im starting to think the moon landing was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

They are backgrounds, that were chosen by Admin and some members I believe.

They change based on whatever forum you are viewing.

It's simply artistic, nothing nefarious or subliminal about it.

~Tenth.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

Those rascally admin are at it again, getting member support and submissions for background art to jazz the website up a bit!

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sigh

edit on 22/9/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What? The images are not subliminal. They are just images. I enjoy them and like the effort in the pertinence to each forum.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Seeing stars.......... no, seeing no stars.........

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Use your control + buttons and expand the screen and all that stuff vanishes . out of sight out of mind .

Thanks . I tried control + and it does zoom in. However, the background image still peeks at the top and bottom (but OK on the left and right side of the screen).

It is still annoying. I remember when the background images started many people made negative comments about them.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
I remember when the background images started many people made negative comments about them.

I seem to clearly remember plenty of members liking them too.

Just saying

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

if you are going to whine - kindly know the difference between "background" and "subliminal" thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I believe these are just background images in place, rather than just having a blank, black background.

The images follow the themes of this website - Conspiracy.

However, you seem to feel that these have been placed to intentionally, to subliminally implant these ideologies into our cake batter brains?

You see conspiracy, I see background pictures.

Note: Now that you mention it, im starting to think the moon landing was a hoax.

If you look at the image below, you can see that the background is far too prominent.

The page that I am interested in looks like a mere vertical ribbon . I don't think it is best practice in web design. I have my own website and would never try and haunt the person who is browsing with controversial background images.

Zooming in is not a good option. It may get rid of it but it will still appear due to the transparency of the page that I want to focus on (hence even more sublimal)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if you are going to whine - kindly know the difference between "background" and "subliminal" thanks

Why do you call this whining.

I know the difference between "background" and "subliminal". I am saying that the background image is having a subliminal effect.

In case you have not noticed, the background image is still visible from under the page that you are viewing (because of the transparency of that page) . For me, that is subliminal.

Now , I am really starting to think this is a deliberate attempt to subliminally force imagery into our subconscious. Every page that I go to is really transparent and the background comes through that page.

So, we have controversial images peeking from underneath the "transparent" page we are viewing.

edit on 22-9-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have used Java script before to get rid of adverts. You can load these scripts in your browser. I need to find a script for removing background imagery.

I now realise that the background image goes right through every page that I open (because all pages that you navigate to are transparent in order to allow the background image through)

You may need to look carefully to see the background image through the transparency but your subconscious has already picked it up. That is what subliminal means.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The admin hosted a background-image-making-contest earlier this year or last year where the community made images.

I participated in it.

And all my images have secret hidden messages to control the masses and make you all my slaves!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Nobody is making you stay on this website. If you don't like it there are plenty of others out there that may be more to your taste.

Like people have been saying, you can zoom in and just focus on the message area if you so desire. It's not that hard, much easier than making Sceptic recode the website just to satisfy one disgruntled and lazy reader.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hmm, I always thought subliminal images where ones you didn't even know you saw? The background wallpaper here is not subliminal as I understand the concept.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Resize your browser. Unless, of course, you want to see the background.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join