It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing Rock Chairman takes pipeline fight to the United Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Standing Rock Chairman David Archambault spoke to the United Nations Human Rights Council this morning to seek support from the International community in their fight against the pipeline.

“This company has knowingly destroyed sacred sites and our ancestral graves with bulldozers. This company has used attack dogs to harm individuals who tried to protect our water and sacred sites,” Archambault said. “We call upon the Human Rights Council and all member states to condemn the destruction of our sacred places and to support our Nation’s efforts to ensure that our sovereign rights are respected.

“We ask that you call on all parties to stop the construction and to protect the environment, our Nation’s future, our culture, and our way of life.”

Standing Rock seeks International support in pipeline fight

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Really? 1.75 billion years sun will destroy earth. This is stupid.

edit on 20-9-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Considering that what this company and our government are doing amounts to nothing less then the continuing genocide of the Native American people it is wise to bring this to the international arena.

Far too many Americans are more concerned about football then the disgraceful actions of their government while their silence makes them guilty by association.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That is alot like filing a complaint against a cop. Sure let that internal department review the complaint. Not like anything is going to happen but hey you feel better writing it right?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Hi Rez!

The TPTB are very close to losing control of "things" and all Tribes should be prepared to restore "things"...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azdraik
That is alot like filing a complaint against a cop. Sure let that internal department review the complaint. Not like anything is going to happen but hey you feel better writing it right?

It's not that the international body can do anything about it. It's more about pressure. The US is a part of this group of 47 countries that make up the Human Rights Council, so, the tribe appeals to them and they put pressure on our government which works quite often, especially with Obama as pres.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere, that the pipeline doesnt comply with the regulations outlined in the Paris Climate Agreement, and that is one reason they are in a hurry to push it through. I just did a search and couldnt find a thing online. Did anyone else read that anywhere? I might be slipping. lol But if that is true, then I would think the project could be tied up in litigation until the Climate Agreement Rules are enforced.

top topics

join