It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lil Wayne on racism... I have never experienced racism!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Lil Wayne comes out and says that he has never experienced racism in the 33 years. He tells a story about how when he was young he shot himself in the chest on accident and a white police is the one who saved his life. He also speaks about how at his shows the stands are mostly filled with white people and that what this tells him is that racism isn't as big of a problem as people think it is.

I'm honestly impressed by Lil Wayne. I can't stand most of his music but in this interview he seems rather intelligent.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Of course being a millionaire celebrity has nothing to do with that...SMFH

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

He wasn't born a millionaire celebrity.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think that his experience is a valid one, but not a comprehensive evaluation on this complex issue. It's true that many people are not racist! There are plenty of people who don't take race into account when picking friends, employees, or dealing with others. And there are also plenty who do. I definitely have seen how the media has created more problems than it has solved with its irresponsible one-sided and incendiary take on domestic problems.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I think people obviously do experience racism but not to the extent that the media wishes us to believe and I also think it varies dramatically according to location.

Like some areas in the mid west and south may still be very racist.

However saying everyone of a specific race is racist and painting with broad brushes isn't helping. What helps is individually pointing out the racist and handling them on a case by case basis and this applies to all racist not just white men.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Except from that same very young age,9 if im not mistaken,he joined Cash Money...So yeah literally grew up with a golden spoon...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Take the media out of the equation because i rarely watch the news.I witnessed and experienced racism first hand over and over.I work 60hrs a week,dont have my pants below my waist,not part of any gang,yet i was stopped and frisked every other night,coming from work...So yeah I am pretty sure Wayne,even with his bad behaviors doesnt get pulled over every time he step out of his house...He talks hood but have no grasp of what it is to be a poor black man in the US....

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That's an incredible story but I've been harassed by the police many times and I'm white sorry doesn't work with me.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Oh im not saying you werent harassed..I am saying that I,was harassed because I was a young black man walking in the streets at night...Can you say the harassment you got was because of nothing else but your skin color?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I believe you. We have a long way to go.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Just curious. Were your pants hanging down?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Not curious enough to read his post properly, I see.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

Oh im not saying you werent harassed..I am saying that I,was harassed because I was a young black man walking in the streets at night...Can you say the harassment you got was because of nothing else but your skin color?

You know you were harassed for being black and I know I was being harassed for being white.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What you don't understand because you're not white, is that we are harassed collectively on a daily basis. We are the scapegoat for everyone. Some wont admit it because they think denying it makes them "not racist", but that's because it's been beaten in to their heads from a young age.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

he came into money rather quickly,

im not sure of the specifics but im pretty sure little waynes mom was birdmans bottom B*tch. which gave little wayne a certain birthright

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

i have no idea what that means

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Wow , That is what we need more of if we are going to get past racism in this country.

We need to come together and stop creating victims and assailants mentality which does nothing but encourage racism.

Ofcourse racism still exists and it exists in all races including minorities. However, today the MSM and its ignorant followers like to take the easy lazy road and blame everything on racism simply because of Color.

Good on Lil Wayne and not caving into the pressure of constraint thinking.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So what? I as a white woman have been harrassed, insulted, patronised, treated like an object so often in my life, I lost count. I wasn't given jobs because a male was available and the whole spiel. I am white. We all have someone who stereotypes/ doesn't know us well and says/does something wrong to us, on top of that a lot of people are stupid. Black and white.
I also wanted to add that my friend who is 42 and Cameroonian has also never experienced racism apart from ONCE and she came to work laughing, saying "Guess what, I just experienced racism by my neighbour". That was her first time EVER!

Everyone hates moany people that are in constant victim mode; and everyone loves funny, witty, intelligent people - regardless of race!

The world treats you how you want to be treated.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

We need to come together

Yeah I agree and that's what he said as well.

Funny coming from a rapper is resent for taking hip-hop down it's current path.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join