It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why choose to be Intellectual Honest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
People take it as an offensive attack on their beliefs of truth. They get angry so they don't want to believe anything else. This goes for people who claim to not have any beliefs at all as well. Atheists get mad when people bring up beliefs that they feel strongly can't exist.

That's pretty much all it is. Poster above said emotions, that's only part of it really it has a lot to do with pride and self identification.

I agree, but this does not apply to everyone. If you really had the answers you wouldnt get angry or frustrated unless dealing with mudcakes who refuse to accept logic and evidence. (communal 'you')

Or if someone knows their wrong but refuses to admit it is someone who would get angry.

It all comes down to 'i experience this world and universe and my beliefs come from observations and learning. If i then bring another variable into the mix of that which is reality, say vampires, then i would need to justify this. Saying its Faith is pretending to know what you don’t know — and believing it anyway!

Coomba98
edit on 20-9-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Being intellectually honest is a choice that only someone with an honest character makes.The amalgamation of ALL a persons experiences forms their belief(perception) through faith(trust) of “their Belief System(BS) religion.

In other words all of mankind is religious because it is mankind’s nature to believe through faith.What you are describing is more like the most common syndrome of man called The Dunning Krueger effect.It is the inability for a person to “know” they are ignorant of the truth of themselves because they are by their nature and character(name) ignorant.

It has many variations of actions however the most prominent is exhibited in the the BS religion of the religion-religious(believers of a herd religion like Christianity, Islam etc etc..).They “believe” their faith is objective truth when in fact it is anything but.It is the core disorder of immaturity because the believer has made a God in their own image and cannot “know” the truth because of their idolatry.

The religion-religious BS religion many times(most) manifest itself in intellectual dishonesty.In other words they cannot perceive truth because they believe they already know truth.That is why it is futile to engage them in an honest discourse of their religious beliefs.Their justification is always because they believe their religion through faith.

So the basic premise you presented true.The religion -religious act intellectually dishonest but most of the times it is ignorance not deception(except self deception).That is the purpose of ATS religion forums to deny the ignorance of the religion-religious with objective REASON because they literally do not know what they are talking about.

The downside is they cannot comprehend the truth.It is like trying to explain E=MC² to an ant and the ant believes you are the stupid one because you don’t build anthills to live in.The difficult task is they always take objective reasoning about their religion-religious belief as an attack when it is simply a correction.

Intellectual dishonesty comes in many forms... it is a person with reason task to ferret out their own subjective BS religion to be honest.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

Why do religious people choose to be Intellectually dishonest to themselve about their beliefs and how they rationally come to said beliefs?

Troll thread.

<< 1   >>

join