It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry to Russia: Stop 'Grandstanding' Over Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

"The biggest judgment they need to make is to stop Assad from bombing people indiscriminately, which he continues to do," Kerry said. "If you are serious about having a cease-fire, and they say they are, then they should keep Assad from flying right now."

Kerry added: "So we call on Russia to stop the grandstanding, stop the showboating and get the humanitarian assistance going."
Source

It's nice to hear the United States' side of the story. It's completely different than what Paul Craig Roberts described:

Paul Craig Roberts: The US Is Militarily Incompetent (If They're Telling the Truth)

How are we to determine the truth? The Russian media is controlled by the Russian government. The people who own most of the U.S. media support and/or own the U.S. military/industrial complex.

Does anyone have advice about how to ascertain the truth concerning this situation?
edit on 18-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I frankly don't know who to believe on this one.
Or how you can tell.

What does Trump say about it? I'm sure he will say " I told you Obama supports ISIS"

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This isnt the USA, its Syria Mr Kerry. Syria, we were not invited to come and bomb and kill and destroy.

Russia, says that what you say to the public is completely different to what your doing.

Russia says that what the Pentagon is doing, is completely different to what the White house is saying.

In this particular instance, you have bombed Syria's army. What makes this suspicious is as soon as you bombed them, ISIS launched their attack like they knew the bombing was coming.

What makes this even more suspicious, is the USA has refused to assist the Syrian Army when they have requested bombing raids in the past, So for you to say you were assisting them now and missed is in total contrast to your previous actions.

Now you demand Assad's air forces be grounded? Why? Because you bombed the Syrian Army?

There's a great effort here to point the finger in the opposite direction and tell the world ''look, look that way''

while you help ISIS..

God damn Criminals, the lot of you should be sent to Damascus for trial![

edit:
zerohedge just said it best

The suffering and violence in Syria will stop when Washington is seen for the criminal regime that it is. That day is coming. The American smokescreen is dissipating with each passing day because of its absurd contradictions.

edit on 19/9/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is it not also strange that the Syrians were getting ready to re-capture that place that was held by ISIS and the US never bombed them . They waited until the Syrian army was set up to launch their own war on ISIS and the US made a mistake .Like the one they made on the hospital in Afghanistan which was not a mistake . They knew who and what they were bombing then and they did this time too .

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is it not also strange that the Syrians were getting ready to re-capture that place that was held by ISIS and the US never bombed them . They waited until the Syrian army was set up to launch their own war on ISIS and the US made a mistake .Like the one they made on the hospital in Afghanistan which was not a mistake . They knew who and what they were bombing then and they did this time too .

Totally, and what 80 killed? thats a very precise and deliberate attack.

The way the US reps fronted the camera and tried to say this was Russia's fault... its disgusting.. america, you should be disgusted in your elected officials.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm afraid that it is rather obvious that if the Russians hadn't stepped in , IS would now be ruling Syria and Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
But the end game is still that IS will win in the end, because the US still supports rebels that will never hold the country. Extremism will.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

A quick way of understanding the truth is to truly analzye the destruction that has been unleasehed upon the innocent people of the middle east and I do believe that it is America not Russia who has led this charge...

We were even told this was the plan.

A good friend of mine is from Aleppo and I have spoken with them for the past 6 years about the utter chaos that has been unleashed upon his family and it is absolutely our military industiral complex bringing this destruction upon them.

A match made in hell with Wahhabism being armed with the top tech form America, being used to slaughter the innocent people of Syria and elsewhere, all while blaiming those murdered upon the Assad government.

I recommend 21st Century Wire as a source to weed through the obvious propaganda being promoted by the west.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can only go on what I am told by Syrians that lived in the country before the proxy war and I have not heard any say a bad word against Assad, all cultures and religions worked and traded in Damascus without any issues and they had a good education system for their Children and youth.

Personally I would not trust Kerry as far as I can throw him..

The US want Assad out of power for their own agenda, the fact he is a "elected" leader of a "sovereign nation" does not seem to bother the US much just as in past..

I have a honestly held belief the US have zero want for Daesh to be eradicated and it is simply controlling and maintaining the situation. The same thing was happening in the southern region of the Philippines Mindanao and people wonder why the new president Duterte ordered all US troops and special forces out the country as he also believes that the US have no intention of ending the conflict there for good..

RA

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
and what he says that with a straight face after our latest screw up.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

This cease-fire ended after only 1 week. Russia's to blame?

Sept 19 (Reuters) - An aid convoy was hit in Aleppo province, the United Nations said on Monday, as the Syrian military declared that a week-long ceasefire was over.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said the attacks were carried out by either Syrian or Russian aircraft, adding that there had been 35 strikes in and around Aleppo since the truce ended.

Fourteen Syrian Arab Red Crescent volunteers were killed, Elhadj As Sy, secretary general of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, told a U.N. summit.

Source: www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wouldnt believe the Syrian observatory for Human Rights if they told me the sky was blue.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (also known as SOHR; Arabic: المرصد السوري لحقوق الإنسان‎‎), founded in May 2006, is an information office documenting human rights abuses in Syria, since 2011 focusing on the Syrian Civil War. The SOHR is frequently quoted by western news media since the beginning of the uprising, such as Voice of America, Reuters, BBC, CNN and National Public Radio, about daily numbers of ISIL/ISIS fighters and civilians killed in airstrikes in Syria.[1] The United Kingdom-based SOHR is run from his home in Coventry by Rami Abdulrahman,[2] (sometimes referred to as Rami Abdul Rahman) a Syrian Sunni Muslim who also owns a clothes shop. After being imprisoned three times in Syria, Abdulrahman fled to the United Kingdom fearing a fourth jail term and has not returned since

they've been the door for western propaganda throughout this entire syrian campaign.

new topics

top topics

join