It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Pandemic May Have Arrived

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Situation in Vietnam is deteriorating by the hour. Latest is the pneumonias are getting more complex (case fatality rate is running at 90%)

news.google.com...

The virus is not taking prisoners.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Looks like flu recombinants in Vietnam

news.google.com...

Pandemic preparedness still a cruel joke.

This will NOT be pretty.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We could ask ourselves, why is it that these birdflues most of the times tend to start in asia ? We have a large poultry industry in western countries as well?

I think they don't put enough money in their farms to turn them into adequately controlled environments, often birds are held together with other species such as pigs (stepping stone towards human gene infection) also water might be given that is accesible to wild birds transporting the flu etc, no sewage processing but dumping in rivers etc. etc.

In this FAQ you see what precautions might be lacking in Vietnam:

www.doh.gov.ph...

This should be a concern of the whole world for helping the vietnamese to upgrade their industrial standards/procedures for the mere fact that the whole world is at risk for a huge pandemic.

If we are willing to invade whole countries for remote suspicions of WMD, surely we should do something about the vietnamese WMD?

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by niman
Looks like flu recombinants in Vietnam

news.google.com...
Pandemic preparedness still a cruel joke.
This will NOT be pretty.

Hmm, this viral evolution was included [in part] in an article in this month's Wired mag:

"How to Stop the Next Flu Outbreak

H3N2 is the common flu. Avian influenza - bird flu - is H5N1. And it looks like H5N1 will eventually reassort with a human virus, probably H3N2, and gain the capacity to spread person to person."

www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I think they don't put enough money in their farms to turn them into adequately controlled environments, often birds are held together with other species such as pigs (stepping stone towards human gene infection) also water might be given that is accesible to wild birds transporting the flu etc, no sewage processing but dumping in rivers etc. etc.

Its a nice idea. Having grown up on a ranch, it makes me smile. Ah, life in the city with its little controlled environments. Nature is quite big, quite unruly, and in the long run, utterly unmanageable. I once gave a woman the advice that to truly understand farming and the food supply, she should go work on a ranch for a week or two. Not just visit, but work there. Unbelievably, she took my advice. She is so much easier to get along with now, and she understands that far-away look in my eyes when I see a glass of milk and am thinking about the excrement piles.

Muahhahaahahaahaahaaa.

American ranching/farming is the porkiest imaginable operation, sure you can 'reason' yourself into believing it is 'superior' to Asian practice etc. etc. but Joe Blackbird is still going to gobble crap over at Lou's Henhouse and then dump on your shirt downtown. Try and stop that.

Better to stock up on Tamiflu. Ah-choo.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Looks like more human to human (brother to sister).

Google Search

This time in the south. Brother dies Jan 15 (8th confirmed fatality). Sister just entered hospital with symptoms.

mod edit: shortened link with BBcode

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Third brother is postive for H5N1 (and 4 of the 10 confirmed cases linked to lokely human to human transmission)

news.google.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The reason that they're so worried about this 'bird flu' is that it's never jumped straight to humans before. Usually it's bird to pig to human.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I listened to Coast to Coast last night and someone from Haarp said they've already found a dead eagle in northern US carrying the virus. This has not hit the main stream media yet, according to them. It is here. Unfortunately, i fell asleep and didnt hear much more of the show.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I listened to Coast to Coast last night and someone from Haarp said they've already found a dead eagle in northern US carrying the virus. This has not hit the main stream media yet, according to them. It is here. Unfortunately, i fell asleep and didnt hear much more of the show.

If that were so, there'd at least be whisperings on the internet, of which I've seen none and I've been following the H5N1 outbreak religiously for the past year and a bit.

Also, there are many types of avian flu, which was this eagle supposedly killed by?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
According to HAARP, the eagle was dead by the avian flu. It was a carrier and these are credible people, one would think. Art Bell asked why there was no word on the media yet and they said "now there is, we're telling you the story" My guess is you will start hearing this news today. I was half asleep i think it was an eagle, it could have been some other large bird, not too sure about this. We'll have to keep our eyes open today.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
According to HAARP, the eagle was dead by the avian flu. It was a carrier and these are credible people, one would think. Art Bell asked why there was no word on the media yet and they said "now there is, we're telling you the story" My guess is you will start hearing this news today. I was half asleep i think it was an eagle, it could have been some other large bird, not too sure about this. We'll have to keep our eyes open today.

I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open.
I checked the coast to coast website, and read the recap. Odd there would be no mention in there of something as important as what you've mentioned.
I'll continue looking.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I started a thread to get feedback from other C to C listeners.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There are many types of avian flu. I doubt that H5N1 is in the US.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Looks like more human to human transmission in Dong Thap

news.google.com...

Vietnam has called out the riot police to help control spread which will explode after Tet (Feb 9)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Bow it looks like H5N1 is being passed human to human in Cambodia

news.google.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by niman
Bow it looks like H5N1 is being passed human to human in Cambodia

news.google.com...

Does anyone know if there is a vaccine for this? Is the vaccine, that is currently being administered in the U.S., formulated with a strain to combat this threat? (I didn't get the flu shot this year, maybe I should? Scary!)

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A pandemic vaccine is slated to start clinical trials in 4-6 weeks in the US (Sanofi-Aventis)

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Reg flags can't get much higher. Bird flu cases being exported from Cambodia and Laos into Vietnam and Thailand

news.google.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
TOO BAD all those microbiologists had to die under misterious circumstances, huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join