It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entitled Brats Love Social Justice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Over the past few months the internet has become saturated with examples showing the type of people who represent what has been called the "social justice" movement, and it finally dawned on me; Why are a large portion of the die hard advocates of this movement self-entitled upper middle class millennials that don't have the faintest idea of oppression or what real struggle is?

The movement isn't even about equality anymore... it's about control. Policing peoples language, imposing censorship on opinions you don't agree with, and using the platform to grandstand and claim that you have the moral high ground as a way to look down on others and shame them into submission.

I understand that this group represents just a small minority, but the pull they have in the media and educational institutions is grossly disproportionate.

Here are a few examples of how liberal driven education has failed the world. I was tempted to put this under the Medical Issues and Conspiracies forum... because well, the videos speak for themselves.

What is happening?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The movement is about some peoples love of being offended. The same goes for anyone who pays too much attention to this teeny tiny minority of people. They love being offended by the fact these people are offended. It's just a giant circle jerk over nothing.
edit on 16-9-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's trendy ESPECIALLY if you're privileged then it boosts the GUILT factor (which is why 'all' the celebrities are jumping on the bandwagon).

Watch Ben Affleck go full TRIGGERED over Islam:

The football players protesting the national anthem is another recent example.
edit on 16-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

These people are aggravating.

I would not deny that, because it is true. However, do you believe that these people define an entire demography of people who identify with social justice issues, aims, and ideals? I suppose then that it IS fair to say that the KKK, American Neo Nazi groups, and ignorant knuckle draggers all over the US DO in fact define the right wing of American politics?

Either your premise is flawed, or my statement is accurate. There are only two ways about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I already stated in the OP that these people represent a small minority among the liberal community.

But you can't deny the fact that major institutions have bent over backwards to cater to these radicals, even Yale University has banned Halloween costumes because the administration was mobbed by claims that it represented "cultural appropriation".

How the Yale Halloween Vigilantes Finally Got Their Way

edit on 16-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Weird how conservatives are obsessed with kids and their youthful and naive thoughts about the world.

I'm sure if George Carlin were alive today he'd be asking conservatives not to associate his quotes with their opinions.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

When youthful and naive thoughts start dictating policy, there is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well, the Halloween situation is ridiculous, clearly.

Given that a significant percentage of college attendees originate from the region which gave rise to the Halloween tradition in the first place, I would say that it is utterly preposterous to consider costuming and celebration on the day in question cultural appropriation. It's not as if a bunch of Northern European extracted folk had decided to have a Day of the Dead party and strictly forbidden any actual Mexicans to join in, after all.

However, you have to understand that just because this vocal minority exists, it does not invalidate all the millions of people who ARE in situations that are sub optimal, because of a lack of social justice in their lives. It's aggravating that these nitwits are on the bandwagon, but it does not actually matter that they happen to be. All the matters is that the issues are being discussed at all and at length, rather than as high minded ideals in expensively maintained debating chambers.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

The movement is about some peoples love of being offended. The same goes for anyone who pays too much attention to this teeny tiny minority of people. They love being offended by the fact these people are offended. It's just a giant circle jerk over nothing.

Actually no, these folks have directly negatively impacted my personal life with their manipulative madness. So # em.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They may be a minority, but they are an extremely vocal minority that has co-opted the movement and been given a free pass by the media, getting their way for years.

As the title says, not everyone is like this... but for some reason rich self-entitled brats spearhead this movement and it's just muddying the waters for everyone.

edit on 16-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The problem is if the minority grows out of control and start enforcing their beliefs on everyone else!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Huh? What fantasy world are you living in?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My location is below my avatar. Where are you?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Weird how conservatives are obsessed with kids and their youthful and naive thoughts about the world.

It's because we're focused on the future rather than getting hung up on the past.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Sounds totally accurate

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah the politically correct are going insane with power, it's sad and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Do you suppose the people of Flint, Michigan, feel that there is enough social justice in their lives? Do you suppose the Native Americans whose water and sacred spaces are under threat from a pipeline, construction of which goes ahead as we speak despite federal instructions to cease work, are feeling that there is an excess of social justice? It's strange, that real social justice issues get ignored by people during times when issues get hijacked, because it means that some people are simply witless.

Let me lay it on the line.

Social justice issues that matter still happen. Rather than complaining that the talking heads are not following those issues, follow them yourself. Do not waste your time with the non issues, and instead find out for yourself what is going wrong on your doorstep, and make something happen to change it. Print a newsletter, make a Facebook page, shout at the world on Twitter, protest about something real, change the narrative yourself!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Why are a large portion of the die hard advocates of this movement self-entitled upper middle class millennials that don't have the faintest idea of oppression or what real struggle is?

Because Some people who are intelligent, educated, and raised in a certain way, don't have to experience hardships to recognize injustices. It's conscience, compassion, and being in a position to speak out.

I agree some things are silly, but as long as we live in a social environment, there will be injustices, and the need for them to be brought to light and corrected.

edit on 9/16/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Your right, the real social justice warriors are the people who try to build better communities by volunteering, working on the ground and opening a dialog to win hearts and minds.

Not the twitter warriors that play the role of professional victim so they can shame, bully and censor people who don't conform to their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Goerge Carlin is God

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join