It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How important is it to have a 'woken up' significant other?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Profusion

I think many 'woken' up individuals have a tendency to be paranoid personality types. While I don't know if having an awakened spouse in important I do think having an understanding spouse who can keep the 'awakened' individual centered is important.

This. 100%.

My girlfriend is open to everything and if it weren't for her questioning and keeping me level headed, I definitely could've gone off the rocker a few times in the past. Sometimes you get too deep into things, and you need someone to pull you out and show you reality again. It can be fun, but it's also borderline psychosis. So, balance is important.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think it's important to have a similar worldview. Sharing core beliefs about the world around you (physical, spiritual, political, etc.) makes it much easier to be partners in life with shared purpose. You don't need to be "the same", but at least on the same page.

Then there's those couples where one is a Cubs fan and the other a White Sox fan. Being serious, while tongue in cheek here - they actually make it work! For a long time, I wondered how they do it. It's not because baseball just isn't a big deal to them, in fact, they're often both huge baseball fans! So how do such diametrically opposed couples make it work?....

It's not the team, philosophy, optimism vs pessimism fan philosophy, etc., which connects them in this aspect - it's simply their love of the game.

Apply this to anything, and it negates my previous view, and yours too. In other words, where it works, its because they're seeing what we're not - the connection underlying the apparent/surface differences.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To me when I hear people typically in the alternative media saying they have woken up, asking if others have woken up or at time just down right demanding people wake up (see Alex Jones) then really what they are saying is agreeing with their conspiracy beliefs

So I think really when you look at it like that the OP is actually asking is how important is it to have a partner who agrees with your beliefs.

So when you look at it like that its very important my mrs agrees with me that going to the movies is fun so we do that, we have the same faith we do the same kind of job find the same stuff funny ect.

But when we are talking about being awake in the sense of pretending we have some kind of enlightened secret knowledge about planet X and how the illuminati control the world and tell us this through random episodes of the Simpson's..... not so much.

So do i care that my other half doesn't know the first thing about the events of 9/11 or that her eyes roll into the back of her head when I ask he to watch some video of a UFO not really. Its just like how I dont really want to listen to her tell me about her newest book about sexy vampires or what sally at work had to say about her new hair.

<< 1   >>

join