It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps final tax plan. Take 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So after his first tax plan was ridiculed he copied Paul Ryan's tax plan, when people pointed out it was rather too different from his original, he has now copied Jeb Bush.
linky
Trump's plan would charge single filers 33% on income above $112,500. Current law 33% bracket doesn't apply until $190k.
Trump proposes to pay for his tax plan by cutting discretionary spending every year. While he builds a border wall with Mexico. And raises a force to deport millions of Americans. And undertakes a massive upgrade and expansion of the military. And rebuilds the national infrastructure. And...

Is a rewrite in the works, again?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum
I am glad to see you support this and wish him the best of luck on Nov. 8th.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Still costs me less than the current theft, plus it repeals Obamacare.

Trump 2016!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I do not care if he copied anyone's tax plan.

But I doubt he actually copied a tax plan, he has a team of economic advisers who are probably some of the same Jeb used.

We need a tax reform.

Democrats are killing the middle class on taxes.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If I am reading this post correctly, what you are saying is: once a politician announces a plan. they shouldn't change it, They should stick to their original plan no matter what, even if they think of ways to improve it?

*Slow clap*

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

But I doubt he actually copied a tax plan, he has a team of economic advisers who are probably some of the same Jeb used.

We need a tax reform.

How about FDR's plan then and Tax the Rich at 90% and get the Country going again. And BTW, the Rich still got Richer. It was a Republican "Reagan" who put the Tax burden on the Middle Class by reversing the Tax Code.
Thank God the "Job Creators" argument has been put to sleep.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hes lowering the income threshold to raise taxes?

So his proposal is to raise taxes for everyone making more than $112k/year instead of the current $190k?

How is raising taxes "conservative"?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

How about he pays 33% and I'll consider it.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Nope. That would be the elite rich.

Which contrary to popular belief......Trump is a part of.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

So is Clinton.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I find it funny you guys clamor all over the guy and say he's going to fix the exact laws that made him (and continues to make him) filthy rich.

It's comedy gold.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Still costs me less than the current theft, plus it repeals Obamacare.

Well, there is that.

Funny thing is, his site spells out how he's going to pay for those things. (and in far more detail than any of Hillary's plans).

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

I don't clamor over him, but I do support him... for two main reasons. One, he actually has business sense (something we desperately need) and two, he's got the bejeezus scared out of everyone who created the mess we're in. I haven't seen the MSM this torn up in over a half century.

Number two is what most Clinton supporters don't seem to get: I know Trump's not perfect. I know he's used the bankruptcy laws to his advantage. I know he's probably bribed politicians. I know he's blusterous. I know he's politically incorrect. But his opponent helped create the bankruptcy laws, took the bribes, has spent a lifetime in corruption and deceit, and uses political correctness to divide us.

Every time someone tries to point a finger at Trump, it winds up pointing at Clinton. Some of us want our country back, and Clinton wants to take more of it away.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

We need a tax reform.

That's ironic, seeing as nearly all of the Bush tax cuts were made permanent under Obama's watch. In fact, this link says that 82% of Bush's tax plan was made permanent with the signing of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (found HERE).
edit on 15-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

he's going to deport "Americans"? I didn't know that.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Mr. Trump Technically cannot have a Tax Plan that is Completely Defined to any Degree of Certainty until he Actually becomes the Next POTUS and is Completely Informed about the Present State of the Union . But it is Fun to Speculate , isn't it ?
edit on 15-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

he's going to deport "Americans"? I didn't know that.

According to the US Constitution's 14th Amendment, everyone born on US territory is a US citizen. Trump says that we have to get rid of this birthright citizenship and then ship out the children of illegal immigrants along with their parents. But the kids born here are already legally US citizens, which means he'd be shipping out the US citizens born to illegal immigrant parents. I don't know if that would constitute "millions" of Americans, but it would certainly be deporting Americans.

edit on 15-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

From a quick read, it look available like most lower and Middle Class wage earners will pay less in Tax as will corporations. That's not a bad thing as long as you have expansion of the economy and revenues stay the same or greater

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

According to the US Constitution's 14th Amendment, everyone born on US territory is a US citizen.

Not exactly.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Source: www.ushistory.org...

"...subject to the jurisdiction thereof..."

Illegal immigrants are not subject to US jurisdiction. They can be deported if caught, they do not have a SSN, and therefore cannot pay direct taxes. The problem has come about because of lax policies on border control and an acceptance of illegal immigration by our leaders without legal basis.

Now we have people who were born to illegal parents, illegally granted citizenship, and are just now figuring out they were lied to and used for political expediency. I honestly have no idea what to do with them and their families. I do know that this deceptive and illegal practice of ignoring part of the Constitution and harming individuals by doing so must stop. Anyone, in any party, who was ever complicent in this atrocity should be charged and convicted of treason.

It really makes my blood boil when I think about what this question of citizenship does to the poor souls affected. It's cruel, inhumane, and dastardly.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They are still "subject to the jurisdiction thereof". They still have to obey other American laws, such as drug laws, traffic laws, etc. The very fact that they can be arrested and imprisoned shows that they are literally subject to American laws. Otherwise, our law enforcement couldn't arrest them because of jurisdiction issues (kind of like people who have diplomatic immunity).

And undocumented workers/"illegal immigrants" do pay taxes. I happen to live in a State with a Statewide sales tax. Every store here automatically adds the taxes onto our purchases, never once asking about a person's legal residence. And they still have to pay taxes on gasoline, "sin taxes" on things like tobacco and alcohol products, taxes on phone bills, taxes on utilities for wherever they're staying, etc.

In fact, a simple google search for "illegal immigrants pay taxes" will show that they pay billions in taxes yearly.
edit on 15-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join