It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has it gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
When I was young, I had some very strange experiences, I'm going to summarise some of them below. however, what my post is really about is considering the experiences I had when I was young, why do I now have none at all? I'm a very open mined person, but also very logical, my worry is that my application of logic to most things has closed my mind to what would seem illogical but at a subconscious level, anyway stories below:

About 5-6 years old:

I had an aunt I was very close to, she moved to Canada to pursue a career as a nanny. I remember missing her quite a bit, however, what I didn't know was that she was missing home fairly severely. I awoke one night in tears and terror, I could see my aunt sitting at a table, crying hard. I can still picture the room and described it in detail to my mum who wrote it all down. about a week later my mum got a letter from my aunt explaining how homesick she was with a picture of her sitting at a table in a room, the rrom was exactly how I described it, down to a mickey and minney mouse salt and pepper shaker on the table.

13-15 years old:

I had moved in with my Aunt for a while, it was a very old house circa 1830. I live in Scotland, so it does get cold in winter and back then central heating wasn't a think, we had a fire in the living room and that was it. for 2 solid years I would see the same thing almost every week, I would awake in the night and see a soldier standing at the bottom of my bed, he had on an Argyll and Sutherland highlanders day dress from around the 1920-30's and was wearing a medium sized back pack, there was no interaction with this presence until just before my 16th birthday when I got a real sense of malevolence and ended up leaving the house, nothing followed me.

There have been other small occurrence during my years as a teenager, but nothing worthy of much comment. I'm just surprised that from about 16/17 I had no further experiences.

thanks for reading

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well I've heard quite a few people describe having dreams or should I say premonitions like this, I myself have had a few although I don't remember any bar one.
My older brother lived in Ireland and we would speak maybe once or twice a year. We kind of drifted apart in my teenage years, I was one of these complicated teenagers and he met his wife and started his own business so not a lot of time for lengthy phone calls well anyway I remember having a unsettling dream one night it was weird like, I was in my bed sleeping and someone was trying to wake me, in my rom where my window would have been was a large tv screen with the word "heaven" written in white on a blue background (think Scotland flag) I was upset in my dream although I don't know why because nobody spoke what I can remember. I just had this weird feeling like something bad was going to happen.
I woke up confused but couldn't shake that feeling I knew someone was going to die, I can't explain it I wouldn't know how..I just kind of knew.
I called my mother as my dad was getting heart surgery at the time so I wanted to check he was okay. As soon as she answered she said "hold on I'll call u back" and I thought this is it my dad has died... She called me back 5 mins later to tell my my brother suffered a brain aneurysm that morning around the same time I woke from my dream and was in life support but it wasn't looking good.
They all expected him to wake up... I knew he was already gone. So when I got the call I knew.
We flew to Ireland for his funeral... He had a theme for flowers ...Saint Andrews (like the tv in my dream)
The song that was playing in the chapel as I said goodbye was stairway to heaven by led Zeppelin.

To this day it's unexplainable but to me it was him saying goodbye.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bobsa

I do not doubt your stories and am interested in how they where implemented.

The first one. Telepathy/remote viewing/out of body. I like objective research vs subjective pseudo science conforming bias.

The 2nd one. What if something (or yourself) is manipulating your visual senses so that they register something that is not solid there. However the visual senses are built up with the right calibration and manipulation on quantum level something should be able to create a hallucination only you see.

Thank you for your sharing.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This reply starts out strange so stick with me a bit. I have a pretty odd set of skills. They are almost opposites of each other. I fix computers/networks for a living - very analytical. I also play a Flamenco/Spanish Style Guitar - well. So, artistic. I take a nice landscape photography - very sight centered... and never really play anything except the songs I made, thus very creative/emotion think centered.

What it all means is that (and I have had this verified in tests) I am equal on right/left brain thought processing and front/back (basically site/sound) brain thought processing. Stuck right in the middle.

Ohh, and, I can also feel disturbances (receptive), though, I analyze things logically for a living.

What I found out is that the radar is not always on High.

After years of this I have realized that the brain ebbs and flows... And I only realized it because mine are so equal to each other, and so different. I can feel the weight of though change areas when I am more this or that. I also get physical proof. When I am 'sound' orientated - I simply play better. I can also tell when I am going to be more site orientated - I simply take a better image.

But nothing said the ebb and flow had to be equal... What if you are a 9 times Analytical, 1 time out of 10 is Receptive?

And I never do as well if I am feeling sound, while trying to take a Landscape shot, or vice versa... Weird.

Sometimes I walk through the world, oblivious... Other times, I feel the haunting while driving by 70 mph on the road...

It ebbs and flows.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

This is going to sound weird, I'm a Solution Architect and design Enterprise infrastructure and network systems, I play the saxophone and fly small aircraft as a hobby! now how similar are those traits!!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Your very welcome bobsa, I will look over the video you posted when I get a chance. I just realised your Scottish too! Ive not seen many fellow scots on here.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hi there, I read over your post. It's not uncommon for people to have such experiences, even if they are rare. In regards to the events happening at an early age and then it doesn't happen anymore, there are a few circles of study which pertain to this . One field looks at humans as being a sort of node, where energies and signals are how we operate. Just like in the physical world where we rely on our ability to interact with the world using our different senses, we are also connecting kinetshetically or kinetically. Where different energies and information flow through us and connect with us. When it comes to what we can percieve and what we can't they say that at an early age we are more open to differentn frequencies and can pick up on different types of signals. Much like old school radios. N ow as we age this field of study suggests either a switch h in ability to percieve such things or that it can fade away. In some ares of this study they suggest that as we get older we get more attuned to our reality which is presented to us and our beliefs in that reality make it harder for us to even come close to being able to connect or interact with certain energies and entities.
edit on 16-9-2016 by toraylin3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sorry about not posting back soon enough... I read what you do, and why is it I find myself not surprised. I am finding myself in the midst of a little renaissance here. About we humans.

It started when I read a factoid that the only animals Man can not run down, into the ground, are Wolves, Horses, and Wolverines.

Very few animals punch like we do, very few have a face that can take it. Very few animals throw things accurately, mimic (amazingly well) everything... stuff like that. Now, I am starting to see it in the mind. People doing some pretty far apart stuff.

new topics

top topics

join