It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiocracy Was A Documentary Not A Movie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Look around! It's Happening!!!

With the rise of the Mandela Effect, 2016 US elections, and now the recent additions to the Oxford English Dictionary it's like we are living in the prequel of Idiocracy. Here's a small highlight list of some of the words added -

biatch
butt-#
butt-#er
clicktivism
clicktivist
fuhgeddaboudit
jack-off
scrumdiddlyumptious
slacktivism
slacktivist
Yoda-like
Yogalates
YOLO

The last one is a damn acronym ffs
Oxford addition list

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
But Brawndo has electrolytes.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Look around! It's Happening!!!

The problem is you need to get your mind out of the dictionary and start watching some quality TV programing..... Oh wait

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

GO WAY! Baitin' !

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

HOLY CHERRY PICKING - thats amazing selective reading skills you displayed there < sarc >

pity that if you actually read the list - it idiocracy[ 2006 ] nor the mandela delusion have had much real effect on the OED revisions

hint - slactivism was IIRC a meme of the " church of subgenius " - predating the movie by several years

however it is interesting that if you read the full list - several very common words are only just listed

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AntisocialAnxiety
But Brawndo has electrolytes.

Yeah, it's got what plants crave.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I want them to add iregardless. (one or two rr's ?? not sure). Have they added that word yet? I want to see it done by executive action if has not been added yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You have just named one of my most irritating non-words. Can't stand when someone says it and have to hold in my super ego when it comes to poor grammar or just idiot word usage-and I do live in the sticks in the south that I am constantly befuddled by what people are trying to say. (Pls don't count my typos against me-I am now old.)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
In response to PC I'd rather see Urban Dictionary and Uncyclopedia become reality. At least they have LOTS of JOKES, where PC has ZERO!

Anyways, thanks for reminding me I've been needing to rewatch Idiocracy again all summer now. I did see PCU (PC University) and Weekend At Bernie's this summer already

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Dictionaries add words they find to have come into use with every edition. Many dictionaries added 'ain't'...and I can hear my mother telling me not to say it from her grave! However, linquists don't judge. They simply record what people say, especially regional terms, for the record.

I do love the movie, though. I would call it a semi-documentary (brought to you by carl's jr.).
edit on 15-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join