It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm dolphins talk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
a reply to: network dude

Heh, that must have been a strange experience. Deers are jumpy. We actually have a rare albino deer out here. If I ever see it again, I'll take a pic. I've seen it three times in 3 1/2 years.

A friend of mine has a full body mount of an albino deer he shot. A few folks got upset that "such a beautiful creature" was killed, but when you look into the science side of it, an albino deer is not something that needs to be bread and passed on, so in a sense, he did nature a solid. (hard to embrace that for some) But I'd rather just look at one even though I hunt. They are really cool to see.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven_Heart
Now, that is really something...if/when we learn enough of their language, we may be surprised with what they have to say.
I agree. That is the main reason I want to know what they say(think).
edit on 14/9/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
a reply to: blend57

Your welcome.

As an outdoorsman, I have always thought birds speak as well and I still do.

I had a filthy swearing cockatoo as a pet for 25 years.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's okay. I'm not "triggered," lol. Out here most people leave the animals alone though. When a bear is seen most of us shoot it as a last resort. It's sad to see a bear die cause someone hunted it or was afraid it was an angry bear(black bears). Anything other than black bear I'd shoot if bear spray didn't work.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Lol

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

All critters talk. We have called it Monkey "chatter", bird "song" and insect "noise".

They cry, scream, yell and whisper, too. They fear, love, long, have orgasms and mourn as well.
do not do this. I've seen and heard a spider scream after being lit on fire. Since that experience I set spiders outside or leave them to progress to their path.
Btw, spiders have lungs. Many lungs. It screamed.
edit on 14/9/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

originally posted by: savemebarry

a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Are you saying dolphins are smarter than humans? If they were any where near as smart as us they would never swim anywhere near Japan.

Yes. Now explain why so many slow humanoid apes get eaten by sharks every year and then call for sharks to be killed..

Or why we have to know how to act when a bear attacks us in the woods.

Or why we fall off tall buildings or out of working planes, and our 'chutes fail.

We are not that smart...

No we are not.. But we are still smarter than dolphins.

Nah, how can you say that. We might be able to conclude things better, but I doubt we're 'smarter'..

Show me a dolphin that watches people chase a ball around for an hour and then proclaims their team is better. Show me a dolphin that fries coke and says "Yep, us folk like our coke fried". Show me a dolphin that makes you feel sad for having a bigger nose.

I think if humans were more like dolphins, then we'd be smarter.

Till then, it's plain human arrogance.

edit on 14-9-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Are you saying dolphins are smarter than humans? If they were any where near as smart as us they would never swim anywhere near Japan.

Define smart. Intelligence can't just be defined on the spectrum that we understand it as.

Alot of people say horses are a dumb animal. I you spend some time with one however, you would see that's not true. Animals are just on different levels of intelligence than humans.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Define smart. Intelligence can't just be defined on the spectrum that we understand it as.

Alot of people say horses are a dumb animal. I you spend some time with one however, you would see that's not true. Animals are just on different levels of intelligence than humans.

I am an animal lover.. I am on my 3rd German Shepherd and I swear the first one was as smart as animals get.

I know Dolphins are extremely smart, but they still manage to get themselves slaughtered every year in the same spot.

I define intelligence as saying you know what after 1000 years of this I have learned to go another way.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I am an animal lover.. I am on my 3rd German Shepherd and I swear the first one was as smart as animals get.

I know Dolphins are extremely smart, but they still manage to get themselves slaughtered every year in the same spot.

I define intelligence as saying you know what after 1000 years of this I have learned to go another way.

OK, well as soon as I see human beings doing that then I will call us "smart" LOL.

After all, how many centuries have we been exhibiting the same self destructive behavior?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If you wanna believe you are not as smart as a dolphin or a dog or a monkey by all means go ahead,

But I will just keep believing I'm smarter than a damm dolphin.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

But I will just keep believing I'm smarter than a damm dolphin.

You never know, there might be a couple dolphins kicking back drinking some beers asking each other why us humans haven't gotten our s*it together yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Don't forget this whole thread over here.

ATS link: Dolphins Communicate Holograms And Now We Can See Them.

So dolphins not only talk in sentences but in 3D so other dolphins can see what they are seeing! And that is just dolphins, so I wonder what whales' songs are saying? Entire histories? Lifetimes? Loves and losses? We are so arrogant in thinking we are the smartest species.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Don't forget this whole thread over here.

ATS link: Dolphins Communicate Holograms And Now We Can See Them.

So dolphins not only talk in sentences but in 3D so other dolphins can see what they are seeing! And that is just dolphins, so I wonder what whales' songs are saying? Entire histories? Lifetimes? Loves and losses? We are so arrogant in thinking we are the smartest species.
I forgot that some scientists think Dolphins are telepathic. That would erase the need for video games, TV, cinema, five digits on each limb, etc! I've seen videos of Dolphins showing emotion even towards humans. Going to watch some now!
edit on 3/10/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Maybe more than just humans and dolphins talk in 3D. I was thinking, dolphins may send their sonar to other dolphins so there is no sloppy words in the way. We have sloppy words with ambiguous meanings like, "I'm on top of it" or "get over it" or "now you are talking from behind your hand (or hat)" etc. We have the intermediary of language and they have actual representations in glorious 3D. We use a stream of words called metaphors which may get lost in translation.

Can birds fly if they cannot think in 3D? Can a spider plan a web if it does not know that insects fly above him? Seems monkeys live in social groups so when an eagle swoops down "the lookout" (another spatial reference!) can signal the others then they can take turns. Ever see an elephant have fun throwing water over its back? I am talking myself into thinking more about "lower" creatures and less about my "supreme" human self!

edit on 3-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

i'm pretty sure i should have something better to do with my time than this.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I hate how long it takes science to accept and catch up with things that are obvious.

As for dolphins being amazing creatures. Sure in the same way we are. They are strong individual personalities grouped into small semi society groups called pods.

If anyone means in the sense that they ascendant peace loving spiritual animals, then people need to do more research. Dolphins share more with us then the ability to speak a language. There are psychopaths among them, that do and engage in the worst kinds of frat boy behavior (the horrible illegal stuff many are known for that harms a violates others. I won't go into details as have been warned about educating people on it in the past, yep it's THAT BAD).

With sentience and intellectual capability seems to come extreme individualism and variety in personality. This can be seen pretty much exploring all the earths most intelligent animals from every spectrum of the animal kingdom.

It's this apparent trait and it's seemingly inevitable result that makes me question all the alien portrayals that has them all identical in personality, goal and societal drives. I'm firmly convinced that if aliens exist and are more intelligent than us the trend will continue and there will be even more variety of personality between the members of their species than we even come close to expressing, not less.

I fully believe in the sentience of dolphins as they've demonstrated all the traits of intellectualism from dramatic personality differences, pods with different cultural norms. Purposefully driven benevolent and malevolent behaviors. Problem solving abilities, varying types of relationships. Pursuing the exploration of the mind through the use of drugs to alter their perceptions. They have it all. Only thing they are missing is hands and living in an environment conducive to technological advancement. No matter their intellect they are restricted by both environment and body from advancing beyond where they are today. Without the right tools or resources even the greatest minds cannot help but be wasted.
edit on 10/3/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That Star Trek 4 reference was great.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join