It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The band KISS just "sacked" athletes like Colin Kaepernick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
KISS is currently on their “Freedom to Rock” tour, which launched on July 4th. I never was a big KISS fan, but I do applaud what these guys are doing for our vets.

Kiss put their patriotism and love of our military in the forefront by giving Hiring Our Heroes $150,000 and selecting a current member of the National Guard or Reserve in all 32 cities of the tour to be a roadie for the day to work backstage with the crew and prepare for the evening’s concert. In addition, Kiss partnered with Veteran Tickets Foundation which offers discounted tickets to veterans. To top it all off, the band also gave $125,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.

www.allenbwest.com... egendary-rockers-kiss-stop-mid-concert-liberals-lose-minds

Also, at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA on 9-03-2016, after performing the song "Beth," they stopped the show to bring on stage a few vets and then performed the Pledge of Allegiance. Paul Stanley: "It's COOL to love your country. It's COOL to support the your military." Well played guys!

edit on 9/10/2016 by shawmanfromny because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I heard it's cool to support big pharma too! At least they're really saving lives...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

My late father was a vet and he saved lives. I loved and honored him for putting his life on the line in doing so. All vets deserve our respect and if you're so close minded NOT to believe that, then shame on you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

KISS has done a nice thing here. I have no idea how you connect it to people who sit during the National Anthem. One has the FREEDOM to rock. One has the FREEDOM to sit during the national anthem.

Vets fought for our right to sit or stand during the National Anthem.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

John Lennon will be turning in his grave.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Love the story, KISS has done this before, hate the political spin. Who's making this political?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

p

Maybe after he abuses a woman

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

I heard it's cool to support big pharma too! At least they're really saving lives...

Knights in Satan's Service promoting the military...

It's actually rather fitting.

Subliminal propaganda at it's finest.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

It's actually rather fitting.

Subliminal propaganda at it's finest.

Mom, is that you?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No, they fight for the corporate banking cartels that micro-manage every aspect of our lives. I come from a long line of active and retired service men/women and a couple have actually come to this realization.

You have been fooled by the people who write history.

edit on 10-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Unfortunately, you're forgetting the frequently used right to criticize those that do either.

PEACE.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Only one song I can remember from the late 80s from Kiss was crazy nights,that song and poisons every rose was played all the time in the local pubs juke box

Good band
I'm not sure about letting a Vet be a roadie for the day! give them VIP access with all the drink and food They can eat rather than manual labour

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OP's link goes to the wrong article, but I bit the bullet and chased the obvious click-bait headline and read what might be the most neo-conservitarded thing ever.

Legendary rockers KISS STOP mid-concert; liberals lose their minds over why

While crybaby millionaire athletes opt to disrespect the land that provides them the incredible opportunity to play a game for a living by sitting during the National Anthem, legendary rockers KISS are taking a very different approach.

Arguably one of the best rock bands in the history of the genre, KISS is currently on their “Freedom to Rock” Tour, which they fittingly launched on July 4th, making it a point to show our country and the men and women who are sworn to protect her the respect they so richly deserve.

During one particular concert, the band stopped in the middle of the show and decided to do the Pledge of Allegiance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement - story continues below
Related Stories
Liberal journo offers JAW-DROPPING suggestion for black people
Female Sailor sits for National Anthem; gets INSTANT justice
Legendary rockers KISS STOP mid-concert; liberals lose their minds over why
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Truth Revolt is reporting Currently, Kiss is on their “Freedom to Rock” tour, which launched on July 4th, and as they’ve done before, Kiss put their patriotism and love of our military in the forefront by giving Hiring Our Heroes $150,000 and selecting a current member of the National Guard or Reserve in all 32 cities of the tour to be a roadie for the day to work backstage with the crew and prepare for the evening’s concert. In addition, Kiss partnered with Veteran Tickets Foundation which offers discounted tickets to veterans. To top it all off, the band also gave $125,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.

But it gets better. At a recent stop in Worcester, Massachusetts, this week, Kiss brought its roadie for the day onstage, along with other members of the military past and present, and led the entire arena in the Pledge of Allegiance, something the band has done before. However, this one had a bit of a special message to a particular NFL player — a not-so-subtle knock to the recent shenanigans by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, lead singer Paul Stanley said:

“You should remember, patriotism is always cool. Loving your country is always cool. Standing up, respecting and honoring our military is always cool. So, to show some respect between pick-throwing, we’re going to put our right hands over our hearts and why don’t we say the Pledge of Allegiance.”

As if that wasn’t awesome enough, the band then launched into their rendition of the National Anthem, which rocked hard enough to melt the faces off of any fan in attendance.

What makes this gesture even better is that it isn’t the first time KISS has made it clear they love their country and support the troops. In fact, during a tour in 2014 that was geared toward honoring our military, they hired veterans to be roadies.

When you see the self-entitled left-wing brats on the left — most of which are millionaires thanks to the country they love to trash — sitting for the National Anthem instead of standing up and celebrating the land of opportunity, remember that not everyone in pop culture has gone mad.

There are still awesome, patriotic Americans like KISS, who have an even bigger platform than professional athletes who are here today and gone tomorrow, sticking up for the values and principles that make our nation great.

[Note: This article was written by Michael Cantrell]

Stroke that nationalist phallus; it feels so good.

I do apologize to any who opted to read the above, you may have suffered brain damage.
edit on 9/10/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Kaps and other players protest has never been about the military...

How does this sack them in anyway outside of your own strawman about what the protest are about?

If anything this whole issue has shown our borderline obsession with the national anthem and flag, and how oh so un pc it is to not toe the line with ever custom attached to it!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I support his choice to sit because of that flag. I might even understand his reasoning if it made any sense whatsoever other than a way to get 15min of fame. Not bad for a medium rate quarterback, he should pay his agent a bonus for coming up with the idea (you know he did).

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: alldaylong

p

Maybe after he abuses a woman

I guess you've never seen some good ol "Kiss Orgy" Party pics then.

They are just going Nugent because they are looking for a new audience. Kiss cares only about Kiss.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Mom, is that you?

That's funny as hell. Did they use the word SACRIFICE?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

(Keep It Simple Stupid) is more like it.

Someone was selling some T shirts at one of their concerts that said (Kings In Satan's Service). They claim to know nothing about it.

edit on 15-9-2016 by Doctor Smith because: misspelling

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Why would a throw away sentence talking about "stroking the nationalist phalus" cause someone's brain to die? Is the condition infectious from the carrier of the sentiment?

new topics

top topics

join