It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways To Compliment Your Date

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Damn you should see how ling it takes for me to get my hair right daily. Guy, long hair, curly, member of Pantene conditioner of the month club.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

eventually when you go long term with her the days of doing your hair will be gone and she will take care of that aspect for you. As long as you are dating you are only impressing yourself...and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I recently got fed up with my husbands very french way of never saying anything nice. All he does is critisize. Especially those closest to him. It's been very hard for our children, and I have been very tolerant until now.
His answer was -" I sometimes tell you I like your clothes!"

I don't know about other women, but complimenting my clothes does not make me feel appreciated in any way.

I am not my clothes. I am not my car, or any other of my possessions!

After a few days of considering our argument, he finally came up with telling me I have beautiful eyes. I appreciate the effort but also hope he wasn't lying just to appease me. I would have prefered something concerning my personality or mind, but beggars can't be choosers.

The funny part? He had replied, in our discussion, "How come you never critisize me?? When you see me eat things I shouldn't, for example, why don't you say anything??"

I'm always complimenting, he's always critisizing... looks like we both give out what we wish we could be given!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If I could get a date Id compliment the crap out of her.

My favorite pick up line is "Hi... You are ridiculously beautiful, can I take you to dinner?" I get lots of numbers but almost never goes further than that. Why do women give out their numbers so readily if they're not interested?
edit on 10-9-2016 by TJ4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJ4life
Why do women give out their numbers so readily if they're not interested?

Because they know we'll keep trying. They don't want to be subjected to our sleazy salemanship.

Hey how's this for a changeup..sometimes women just give me their number...and then don't answer heheh

Talk about a pre-emptive rejection there.
edit on 10-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would compliment them on their intelligence... And for being sort of a hero rebel character like the guys fighting in The Hunger Games or Maze Runner... compliment them on their stubble and scruffy hair..

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just listen to what they have to say and respond accordingly.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Then pay attention to him and criticize him for something!! Hah. That will be your best strategy!!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

My line was wow you scrub up good , it sank like a lead ball

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I try to build a little rapport & if they seem interested I'll ask if we can exchange numbers & go out sometime. Usually they seem perfectly happy if not eager to do so, only to never respond to a text later or answer the phone.

They'll almost always add me on snapchat though...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TJ4life

Time's oldest tale, my friend :-[

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Bahahaha! Some of these replies cracked me up! Love it!

I remember once, a very, very long time ago, I was waiting outside to get in to see a concert and this one guy looked at me and said in a loud voice "Oh my God, will you marry me?" He looked around at those nearby and kept saying things like, "Isn't she beautiful? Of course he was drunk as hell and we all laughed. He did ask me out, but I had enough weirdo dates and wasn't looking forward to any more. LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Ways To Compliment Your Date

Your mum is smoking hot
you'll age well

No your far more attractive than your sister....

of course your bum doesn't look big

6. "I love your friends."

A hilarious lie

edit on 11-9-2016 by kibric because: Hail Augustus

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Time to tell him

Baby when your hair has gone grey & your face has gone all wrinkled

When you have a big belly and you all your teeth have fallen out

You will still have beautifull eyes that i will fall into .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Then pay attention to him and criticize him for something!! Hah. That will be your best strategy!!

LOL- I'm trying to, and am amazed at how hard it is to do!
I hate trying to tell others what they should do or be, because I hate when others do it to me, so I can't seem to choke it out!

It was funny because in our discussion, I said, "I KNOW what is wrong with me - I spend all my time critisicing myself and looking for flaws, but I need some help seeing what is good about me."

He said the exact opposite. He said "How will I know if something is wrong with me if no one tells me??"

We sat there staring at each other thinking about this. Does that mean he spend his time thinking about how awesome he is then?

I've read some studies that find this to be a common difference in the way men and women think - men over estimate themselves, women under estimate themselves.

The Golden Rule can be trashed as far as I can tell. What you want to recieve is NOT necessarily what the other wants to recieve.....

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

haha I knew it...Better start finding something then!!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
compliment a style! when she was getting ready, she was choosing dreess, shoes, purse, necklace, earrings, rings, hairstyle, nail color.. so many things she have to think of, to look simple, complete and elegant. and you jiust say- you look great!- NO, NO, NO! Compliment the CHOICE!
say- your dress is fantastic, your necklace/earrings are making your eyes sparkle, your hair makes your face glow, you have such a pretty hands/soft skin(touching her hand), those shoes are making you even more elegant, I mean you look just fantastic.
feel free to use)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join