It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New RX 480 !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tekn1cal

Awesome man. I had my eye on the 390 for a long time...so long that a new architecture came out hehe. Glad you like it, it is a beast and if I'm not mistaken, still OC's better and has better overall performance than my 480. My rig won't run as hot however so I got that on my side!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

that's a long time to wait lol. ive only recently came back to PC gaming after having a break for a while(i seemed to spend more time "tinkering under the bonnet " than actually gaming - think we have all been there lol) went back to xbox.. took me weeks to catch up on all the new stuff out there before deciding on what i wanted for my new Rig , my Gf couldnt understand the complexity and why it takes time to think about these things before committing , i explained its like a marriage...., well, that went down like a led balloon lol .

a nice card you got there man and one im sure will keep you happy for a long time , any games you have benchmarked it on yet?.

nice to find fellow gamer's on here

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I love the RX 480! I don't actually have one, but the 480 did impact my life in a pretty major way.

My excitement for the 480 wound up getting my letter used in their marketing and I also wound up with a gaming PC and an HTC Vive from AMD - though with a Fury X instead of a 480.

I'm building my younger sister a PC for Christmas and plan to put crossfire 480's in it.

Love AMD and really love this particular GPU!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

lucky you! i should start writing letters lol, have to agree with you, the 480 is a great GPU and its something im considering for my next project.

if you were to crossfire 480's then you should be fine , but if you had 390's i would seriously consider extra cooling as my card alone can pump out a vast amount of heat when playing ARMA3 on ultra for example, its something im keeping an eye on

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tekn1cal

I hear ya! It took about 6 months to fully build the rig. 3 months just in research then waiting out the deals and such. I still want one more 480! I've still got about 2 months of solid gaming to even break even on the time investment...silly babies need attention apparently.

I have not done any benchmarks other than Heaven. I start to find that when I look at those numbers instead of the actual gameplay experience that the card can deliver, is lackluster. I notice the little gains and boosts to my play experience more than the numbers.

It is nice to find gamers/builders, I hope we're not going extinct!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Nice write up there Heff. Since you wound up with a Fury X, I would say your in much better shape!!

I went to the i5 6600k (coming from a Phenom II x4 BE) this time around. I wasn't super impressed with AMD's chips for gaming. I would love to have one at work however!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join